PDL Expansion

Discussion in 'USL Expansion' started by CapitalCityFC, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Are there any American Outlaws branches (unofficial) in Big Sky country? Some branches might take the role of supporting their local clubs as well as the national team.

In more relevant words, they might have knowledge about possible PDL clubs in the works. Maybe some new additions to the Heartland division.

2. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There we go.

Fort Myers-based "SWFL SC" announced today.

3. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
  4. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  8. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    I found this quote from Worcester Hydra's Facebook page. Gives a reason for why they folded.

9. FCBarca1990

FCBarca1990 New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    SWFL SC...is actuall SWFL Adrenaline. The team actually is composed of all original Cape Coral Hurricanes. There was a fallout and management problems dealing with money, lies, etc. And so the original cape coral hurricanes players and coaching staff left to form the new actual PDL team which was later announced and the public chose it as the SWFL Adrenaline. www.swfladrenaline.com (for more details) Cape Coral Hurricanes decided to open up an NPSL team since it wouldnt be able to achieve a PDL franchise cuz of several reasons that would cause drama to speak off as I was a player there and later left with SWFL Adrenaline.

10. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Tried to crop this to the best of my ability. Anybody have any idea about the new Oklahoma City PDL club and their possible announcements?

[​IMG]

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CapitalCityFC

CapitalCityFC Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
  13. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this ina nother section:
    Looking forward to having a PDL team here in OKC, actually less than 2 miles from my house. The press release says that it is organized/ran by Brad Lund who used to head up (maybe still does(?) Express Sports which used to own/operate the higly succesful Oklahoma City Blazers hockey team. I just wonder what their long-term goals are.

14. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking forward to seeing them this year in Hamilton since I live there now. Guess I won't be :(

15. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    Kitchener isn't far away about 50 mins drive but so is Toronto and their team is significantly better, Irish player for Memphis Liam Collins is expected to play for KW, he previously played for Hamilton so a bit of continuation there. But its mostly still a entirely new squad and may take time to gel. Best of luck KW!

16. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took out year to make this an ongoing thread about PDL expansion.

18. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. DrAnguish

DrAnguish Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad they they merged. Over the past couple years the quality of Schulz really fell off the wagon. Last year they drove up 11 players to Ocala, and at check in insisted that they had 3 more that traveled (to meet the league mandated 14 on the roster), and claimed they were 'at the van' or 'in the bathroom'. They even had to sit one of the dressed bodies so they could have 1 sub on the bench (the player was none too pleased). I felt bad for the players because they tried hard, and its definitely a soccer rich area down there, and hopefully with new leadership they cn get back on the tracks.

Then again it was nice having a punching bag in the division :)

20. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It probably didn't help when their founder recently lost his battle with cancer. I'm sure that was his main focus last year and maybe they didn't have someone to take over the leadership. He did a lot of really good stuff with that club and will be missed by the soccer community.

http://schulzsocceracademy.com/home/769204.html

SoccerPrime repped this.
  21. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not sure if anyone posted this yet, but Montreal Impact's u21's will turn into u23 and play in PDL.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJ, Montreal, Seattle? Does any other MLS club have a PDL team?

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago, sort of. I don't know what the relationship is anymore. It started as a brand extension about 10 years ago. I don't know if Andell acquired them outright, if they just let them play there, what the deal is. But there's a Chicago Fire PDL team.