PDL Expansion 2012

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by GOALSeattle, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea kind of reminds me of a club/owner I would rather not name from Clearwater that as I'm posting now are on a spaceship building their pipe dream for MLS: in other words EPIC FAIL.

Be part of the biggest soccer sport endeavor EVER
    in the Tampa Bay Area!

After establishing a newly renovated club house in downtown Clearwater in 2006 (with over 7,000 square feet), hiring more than 10 former professional soccer players and coaches (even a soccer professor), winning better than 20 trophies in our first soccer year in 2007 and currently leading in 4 different divisions in the Florida Suncoast Soccer League (FSSL) with 4 of our Galactics soccer teams, our ambitious soccer club Galactics Clearwater International F.C. is stepping up to the next phase in 2008, expanding its soccer services into:
    • Establishing the first Women’s Soccer League in Florida.
    • Starting an Indoor League for all levels of soccer skills.
    • Making Beach Soccer available to the citizens of Pinellas County at one of the nicest beaches in the world - Clearwater Beach.
    • Being the first soccer club around offering Foot volley and Foot tennis.
    • Running an exciting 3 vs. 3 Soccer League.
    • Establishing our own Galactics Youth League starting with 4 year olds (girls and boys).
    • Hosting our own Galactics Youth and Adult Soccer Tournaments with competitive teams from Florida and out of state.
    • Offering exciting Soccer Camps throughout the year for all skill levels.
    • And hosting the highlight of the year in December with our Galactics International Soccer Festival, where we invite various professional soccer players from all over the world to compete in games for a day (including a youth tournament and other highlights).
    But this is not all...
    Beside our club aspect where we offer these great soccer programs for all citizens in the Tampa Bay area, whether young or old, beginner or somebody who wants to go pro, we are also moving into phase 2 with our matchless project of having a 40 acre, all soccer complex in the Tampa Bay area.
    We are NOW looking for investors and sponsors[​IMG].
    Don’t forget: now is the time to invest in soccer in the US. In the 80’s soccer had a boom in the United States with the famous COSMOS team in New York. Some of the best soccer players of the world at that time played on this team, such as Pele (Brazil), Beckenbauer (Germany) and Johan Cryuff (Netherlands).
    US soccer fans where so excited about seeing this team play soccer, that almost every home game drew 80,000 people to their stadium.
    Since then the sport of soccer expanded fast throughout the country. Today soccer is already in third place in youth sports activities in the US, after baseball and football. Florida even has the most successful youth soccer teams in all the US.
    At the end of the 90’s the first privately funded, all soccer stadiums appeared, and many followed. Today you can find these privately funded all soccer stadiums throughout the country and many more are in progress.
    The MLS, the Major League Soccer in the US, has started inviting soccer super stars from Europe; David Beckham from England, Ruud Gullit from the Netherlands (2 times European footballer of the year) as the coach for LA Galaxy and more to come.
    Furthermore, what many people might not know, that the biggest European soccer clubs like Real Madrid from Spain and Everton from England are already investing in US soccer clubs.
    All the above indicators proof that NOW is the time to invest in soccer; not just for business purposes, but also because this sport is for every kid, no matter their race or their social status. Soccer also has a great positive influence on the community, promoting safe environments for kids, anti-drug campaigns etc.
    Be aware that soccer is the #1 sport in the world. Soccer is bigger than baseball, American football and basketball combined on a universal level.
    [​IMG]
    Once our soccer complex in the Tampa Bay area is a reality, the real game starts:
    • We will have a PRO team playing in the highest level of soccer in the US.
    • We will invite teams from Europe and South America (Florida has no winter and a 365 day opportunity to play soccer).
    • We will host our own international youth and adult tournaments.
    • Attract the best soccer players and teams of the world…
    • and much more!
    Contact us right now to find out more about our exciting soccer project in the Tampa Bay Area and HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED IN IT (we can make appointments in your office and show you a video presentation and more interesting information).

Mauricio Munoz (English and Spanish):
    Office:

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad Ocala has stepped up, never imagined a PDL team there, ever. Good for them.
    I thought MS Brilla ended up winning the SE in 2011?
    http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/standings/

4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I confused division champion with the fact that we won the US Open Cup slot for the division. :p

BTW, Whitestar, the Galactics have sounded like a front for the Church of Scientology from Day One. (Considering it's Clearwater, it's likely.) If they ever raise a team to play in any of our leagues, I would recommend Ralph's Mob or The Ruckus or Flight 19 all wear Guy Fawkes masks when they visit.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearwater, FL - The conclusion of the USL Annual General Meeting included the announcement of the Premier Development League divisional alignments. League-wide the USL will announce an impressive 13 new clubs to the PDL, bringing the North American total to 73 clubs.

The 2012 PDL season has 60 clubs returning from the previous season’s total of 64 clubs - a retention rate over 93%. Two of the clubs that will not be returning to the Great Lakes Division are Akron Summit Assault and Indiana Invaders. The addition of Chicago Inferno rounds out an 8-team division for the 2012 competition:

Chicago Fire
    Chicago Inferno
    Cincinnati Kings
    Forest City London
    Hamilton FC Rage
    Michigan Bucks
    River City Rovers
    Toronto Lynx

Per league policy, the 2012 PDL schedule will not be released until January.

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    which are these 13 new PDL clubs ?

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you already had found 11...can't you just guess the other 2 that are missing??

8. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    No, not really

Still no list on www.uslsoccer.com

Has the Cosmos been confirmed ? Because I see nothing on their website

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you could provide the link for the text that you have blatantly plagiarized (again), it would solve this little problem quickly. Thank you.

10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    1 Palmetto Bantams Greenwood

2 Worcester Hydra

3 Tampa Vision Sports Institute

4 Baltimore Bohemians

5 Boston Victory

6 Texas Lions

7 Austin Aztex

8 DC United -23

9 Cosmos NY, though I don't know if the new ownership wants to go with that idea

10 Tucson FC

11 Connecticut Azul

12 Ocala Stampede

13 ?

11. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    13 would be Chicago Inferno...in the same division as Chicago Fire :confused:

12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so it's now considered plagiarism to cut and paste info found on a public press release? Would love see where you can find that in US copyright law.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its pretty basic to every forum/message board in the free world. In a nutshell, writers/reporters/news sites etc only make money on articles they write on the internet when people click on their links. By copy and pasting you are eliminating a revenue stream. If its just a soccer website, then organizations like USL aren't getting the additional advertising or publicity. Also, if you just paste a link with no other references or comments, we can only assume its either 1) something to with "soccer" or 2) spam.

So yes, its plagiarism. You didn't write the article and you aren't attributing it to anyone. Please stop it, thank you.

1 person likes this.
  14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not? Chicago's a big place. Metro LA has five PDL teams, with three of them in LA County itself.

15. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh of course Chicago can support both teams, but really? Could they not think of any non-pyro-related names?

16. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn't that register with me? :p

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're an idiot with no reading comprehension.

Here, I'll highlight what I said for you:

The MLS part is freaking daft, though. Not because it can't be done, but because it can't be done in Worcester, Mass.

You're part of the idiot brigade that has made pro/rel not only the endgame, but a moral imperative, not me. I'm well aware there's no pro/rel in this country, moron.

But there is a way for teams to move up. And there is a way for teams to move down. Not that that has much to do with what I was talking about, which was "you're an idiot."

If this owner starts with a PDL team in Worcester and eventually wants to take it professional after a period of time, there's a system in place for him to do that, it's just not based on winning the league - it's based on having the financial wherewithal to do that. People like you don't give a rat's ass if a team is financially viable, you only care that if they win the league, they can move up so they can get pummeled on the field and lose even more money, but, hey, it would look like your precious Europe and that would really be all you were interested in.

So, please, spare me your rolling of eyes, dipshit.

1 person likes this.
  18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^But you seem like such a calm and nice fellow on tv...

:)

19. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, the NY Cosmos won't have a PDL team in 2012, right?

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Release 5/4/2011: "United Soccer Leagues announced today that New York Cosmos U23 will field a team in the Premier Development League (PDL), and will become a full member for the 2012 season."

Did they even play any of the exhibitions they were supposed to play in 2011?

I see where they were supposed to play 11 exhibitions, but one against FC Clip Art was cancelled. They went 3-4-1 in the other 8 games I could find, but I have no idea what they did in two other friendlies that were supposedly against the Jersey Express.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rumor is...it's very questionable, but then again I just can't believe that their new ownership can't come up with the cash.

23. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    maybe they don't think it is a good idea, because these guys must have boatloads of money, money cannot be the problem IMHO

24. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe cash isn't the issue.

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Cosmos have the money but... they think the PDL is below them/not worth their effort? Just wondering what you guys are inferring or concluding.