Paulo Henrique Ganso

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso was faster before he got injured, and he moved around more back then too.
    He should be 100% back in form by 2012 Soccer Olympics if he doesnt get injured again.

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I heard Tottenham is interested in buying Ganso. Contrary to popular belief, I believe a Brazilian can play in England. Now, if Ganso continues the way he has been for over a year now, he will literally get destroyed over there. It actually not a bad move when I think about it but Gans has to make some serious changes in his game for it to work.

3. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Based on his last two games against Oeste and Palmeiras, it looks like Ganso is returning to form. He looked smooth and precise in both games, and even made a fair number of nice tackles.

4. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am very happy with Ganso perfomance so far, he is starting to move around more and just plays better overall.

Ganso isnt a player that sprints around like Neymar and Messi, because thats not his job. His job is to be a classic playmaker and assist.

Ganso plays similar to Zidane and Xavi, and again they are not runners either because thats not their style nor the job.

I think Ganso should return in full form in 1-3 months :)

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is basically it, he needs to get faster and run more, other than that he has all the tools. Sometimes he's slow style allows defenders to get to him too easily. He has to make quicker decisions also.

6. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso vs Botafogo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJb0ZRpPDGc&feature=g-u-u&context=G2747823FUAAAAAAACAA"]Paulo Henrique Ganso vs Botafogo 2012 By Zouzinho - YouTube[/ame]

7. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Ganso needs to go to Italy. He could be the next Pirlo.

8. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso needs to start playing well again or no team is going to want him in Italy.

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  9. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    I thought he looked great against The Strongest, despite the loss.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He got much praise for his play vs Mirassol. Didn't see the game, so I can't really comment.

11. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His workrate improved 1000%. Against Mirassol he stole EIGHT balls, only our defenders stole more balls than him. He also got stronger and seems to be very confortable physically, hopefully this will keep up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j90FHcP7FEc&feature=g-u-u&context=G261314dFUAAAAAAAAAA"]Jogada genial de PAULO HENRIQUE GANSO (Mirassol 1x3 Santos) CAMPEONATO PAULISTA 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I only think he needs to invade the box more. He could be scoring a lot more goals.

12. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ganso with another great game.

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO one of the greatest CM's today. Ganso is the face of Futebol Brasileiro.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Ganso's game when he is on, but he always strikes me as a real cocky player. Always has an arrogant smirk on his face...haha.

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's not necesary a bad thing, all the great players have an edge about them and being cocky is being confident in your abilities

[]__[]

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Lets hope for Ganso's sake, a change of scenery does it for him.

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Agree there ,.. EPL teams had changed quite a lot since last 6years. EPL teams are good for Brazilians (or SA) are Arsenal, ManCity and Tottenham - as they play more possesion (with higher speed) and less "physical" than Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU or NewCastle ...

But I do HOPE Milan would get Ganso though. Ganso should lower his expectation to go there (rather than go for money in EPL teams) I think!

20. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Ganso at the EPL is a recipe for disaster.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well he is rumored to Internacional now.

22. astinus4

astinus4 Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe Ganso needs to reinvent himself as a deep lying playmaker ala Pirlo. Remember the young Pirlo was also a flop due to his athletic limitations. It was only after Ancelotti gave him a deeper role at Milan that he had the time and space to express himself.

23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ganso marked today. And I believe it was his 7th game, so that rules out an in-league tansfer. And I highly doubt theres an european team that will make an offer anywhere near what Santos or his ownership would accept. So it looks like he's a fish for the rest of the season.