Pato vs. Bojan Krikic

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Mojam5, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    He started a few matches(very few) due to injuries in the Barca squad. If everyone had been healthy he wouldn't be seeing anytime. I don't see how that has anything to do with making him better than Pato which he clearly isn't. Your entire post was laughable.

Uh what? What match was this? Was it a friendly? How is it relevant to anything being discussed here?

2. Late88

Late88 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Pato is not that good. I would take any of the other youngsters mentioned in this thread over him really. I haven't seen him in that many league games. Mainly Champions league and the u-20's wc. He did not impress me at all.

I would like to see Kerlon make the jump over into Europe though.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    So then why are you even commenting on this thread? People who are ignorant towards any player should just shut the hell up.

4. novastar400

novastar400 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, this conversation should just be focused on Pato and Bojan... I don't know why Adu is in the discussion... At the u-20's Adu did play better than Pato, but that didn't necessarily mean he was a better player... I mean the positives for Pato were hard to overlook(Brazilian, loads of pace, good touch, still growing, performing well in probably the best league in the Americas)(so him not 'dominating' at the u-20's wasn't that big of a deal) Adu should've won the Silver or Bronze Ball, but instead it went to Dos Santos(who scored 3 goals, 2 from penalties)...Adu right now is undeservedly on the bench, the kid should be clocking more minutes right now for sure... And of course he was overhyped, and if you ask me it was a damn shame too(the kid was forced into the limelight and didn't get the opportunity to learn the game at a pace more suited for him or an environment more beneficial for him)(partly his fault because at the time I'm sure he could've gotten into any youth academy in the world back then, but money will do that to you)... Pato is starting because he is a very good player and also because he has to... Who else does Milan have to play besides him, Gilardino, Inzaghi, or the other young kid??? And now Kaka's injured... If it were me, I would play him before those guys too... Granted Milan has played better since he has come into the squad, but even with Pato they are out of the Champions League and in jeopardy of not qualifying for the Champions League next season... I mean if I had some of the players that Barca has, I doubt I'd be starting Pato if I were a coach(not to take anything away from him as a player)... Bojan is going through the same thing at Barca right now, Ronnie's out, Messi's out so Bojan is playing as opposed to Iniesta, the only other viable option is Iniesta who is needed more in the midfield... I mean at the end of the day, it's all subjective... Bottom line is that both are great young players who have extremely bright futures in front of them... And for the record, I do think that Pato has a higher ceiling than Bojan...

5. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For Christ' sake, Kerlon's name doesn't belong in this thread! And I know what I'm talking about, as I watch every single Cruzeiro game. He's not even the most impressive youngster in the team, although he is actually pretty good and can do a lot more than seal dribbling, too bad he's already injury prone at such a young age.

6. Late88

Late88 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm commenting because I have seen him play. There are other competitions. Just because your in love with Pato doesn't make him the greatest player ever.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop with the hyperbole. Nobody here is claiming he's the greatest player ever, and (as far as I know) nobody here is in love with him.

But those of us who have watched him play for Inter of Porto Alegre and now at Milan seem to agree that he is a talented player with potential for greatness. You come in here to say 'he is no that good' and then you admit that you have not seen him that much. Why opine so strongly if you have not seen him enough?

Sounds like trolling to me.

8. Late88

Late88 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Then I don't think you really know what trolling is. It's not like I said I have seen him play one time and based everything off that. I've watched him in with the national team, in CL, and a little league(not no league at all). I said he didn't impress me much and he didn't. It's a thread asking opinions on potential anyway. So no need to tell me to stfu because I think other people have more potential. ;)

9. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, like Kerlon... :rolleyes:

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Can you blame them ? I mean ... you are comparing the talent coming from the US to Brazil and Argentina. Loot at the history. The US hasn't proven it can produce players that are World Class. Brazil and Argentina have ... for decades !

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Pato will play his first International game Tomorrow. :confused:

12. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Hopefully a 100 more to come:)

13. kemgooner

kemgooner New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Connecticut
    Bojan is better imo. He will be one of the best strikers in the world very soon. Pato will be good too, but not that good.

14. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato has just scored in his national team debut. He has scored in every professional debut he had.

15. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I heard it was a really well taken goal. Are there any highlights?

16. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [youtube]W_2OTpSjiSY[/youtube]

17. henvik

henvik New Member

May 21, 2007
    that was one hell of a goal

18. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Did he even look at the goal before he shot? Pretty impressive if not

19. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought I was the only one with that impression.

No, I think he DIDNT looked at the goal when he shot. The ball rebounced on his leg, and he KNEW that if he took more time to look at the goal, aim, etc, the defenders would close in.

Besides, he is the kind of player who FEELS everything around him and KNOWS, in his subconscient, the whole map of the pitch, including other players.

He knew the goalkeeper was there, he knew the other defenders were still closing in (because the way the play was set up) and were not near the goal. And he knew PERFECTLY WELL, where the goal was, in what angle, and how he should shot that spinning ball, so it would make a curve and enter the goal.

Some may call that goal luck. Well maybe he WAS LUCK he was able to hold the goalkeeper kick. But the goal itself, no... not luck... because 80% of the strikers in the world would MISS that goal even if there was NOONE else on the pitch. And about 99% of the strikers on the world, would not THINK AND ACT SO FAST, before the defenders arrived.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Congratulations on winning the 'Hyperbole of the Year Award'. I had just selected CPonder14's post using the multi quote function with the intention of stating that most competent strikers do not need to look at the goal when shooting because they should already know the position of the goal, keeper and any defenders. I'm not even talking about professional strikers here but the guys I played with while I was still at school. Then I came to your post... :rolleyes:

21. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree lol
    It was a nice, well taken goal, but c'mon! We're talking about a duck, not the spiderman and his spider sense here.

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lmao...yeah, i do have to agree with teso here. it was a very nice goal, and i am thrilled for the kid, but jesus christ, that post made it seem like the best play in the history of the sport...:D

23. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Do you guys think he will be a regular with the Brazil NT now? Not necessarily starting, but at least on the bench for subs?

24. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I think he could be a starting player, at least I'll choose him before Luis Fabiano or Vágner Love as option in the national team.

25. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We still have two years until the World Cup. I think Dunga will play Pato sparingly at first but by the time of the WC I bet Pato will have earned his spot in the starting lineup.