Pato vs. Bojan Krikic

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Mojam5, Jan 14, 2008.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Pato vs. Bojan Krkic

yeah, i'm glad i finally found someone else who judges on the basis of one tournament alone. I have always said schillaci was much greater than van basten, and anyone who doubts it can look at the 1990 world cup.

2. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007

Hmm, what do people think now?

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

pato's been one of the few bright lights for milan the past couple of months, i have seen nothing that makes me think he will be anything short of world-class in the future. i like both, but pato for me still.

4. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007

In you opinion, how far can he take his game?

5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

if he stays healthy and reaches his full potential, by 21, I see no reason why he can't be a true jewel for milan. he could be a 20 goal scorer in serie a next year, i bet, at 19 and not even a true 9.

as for further down the road, hard to tell, so much development physically, mentally, and even technically can still happen between now and 23/24, plus a lot can go wrong, of course. If he competes for a golden ball or two in his career it wouldn't shock me one bit, though. I truly believe he is a special player.

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

What do you think of him in comparison to Aguero?

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

that's tough, but i would have to take pato as well, though aguero might be the (slightly) better player at this point, pato is a year or so younger iirc, so for the future, pato overall, but just by a nose.

should be interesting to see how those two grow as players in the next couple of years.

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Interesting. Though I'd like to see what Aguero can do on a superior team with a creative midfield behind him. Torres scored about 14 league goals in his last season at Atletico(which is about the same I expect Aguero to score by the end of this one. Even though Aguero has surpassed that if we include UEFA Cup), then he moved to a superior team in Liverpool and he's been scoring like a maniac.

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    true, if (when) he moves it should be to one of the giants, for sure.

10. novastar400

novastar400 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really hard to say right now b/c both of them are showing signs of their immaturity right now... Pato in the game against Arsenal, while he had some bright moments, was otherwise disappointing to me... I like him a lot, but he needs to know when to be selfish and when not to and I'm sure he will figure that out in due time... What he does have that cannot be taught is loads of pace and this to me is the biggest difference with him and Bojan... This allows him to always to be able to create space for himself... Bojan needs to develop another step or two imo b/c the tricks may not always work... Still I really like him to succeed b/c of his understanding of the game, willingness to get others involved, and the overall decisions that he makes in the games...

11. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    They both have qualities that are superior to the other. Pato is stronger on the ball and is better at taking players on. Bojan has been linking well with his teammates and has better vision. I think it's too early to tell either way.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The other thing you need to note is that Pato is playing considerably more game time then Bojan. That can either be a help or a hindrance to their respective development, depending on your view of things.

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    pato had another brilliant performance today, when he is on song, he has been unplayable at times, seemingly growing by leaps and bounds so quickly.

14. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Hard to judge Pato considering he hasn't even played two dozen professional games.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    So the Brazilian league, the Copa Libertadores, ext... aren't professional games? :rolleyes:

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    13 games for Milan, 25 games for Internacional, 13 games for Brasil U-23

12 goals for Internacional, 7 goals for Milan, 8 goals for Brasil U-23

17. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27 goals in 51 games(.53 goal rate). He's still only 18 years old. If he learns how to finish he might turn out to be a quality player ;)

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Care to explain the avatar?

19. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    good showing from Bojan in his last game

20. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/997/deathsinmiddleeastsq8.gif
    True. He looked good. But keep in mind he is playing for a Barca side that is creating a multitude of chances every game. Pato is playing for a Milan side that can't create anything. He is having to do it all by himself. Next year when Kaká is healthy and we add a quality striker I think Pato will look even better. Right now he is being asked to do too much for Milan.

21. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why do you hate america!

400k is way too low btw, it's closer to a million.

back to pato!!!!

22. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Milan sucks offensively, so they rely most of their offense on Kaka and Pato, but Kaka hasen't been that great this year.
    7 goals in 13 games for a 18 year old in serieA is brilliant. Imagine when he gets stronger in 2 years I could see 25 goals a season for him @ AC Milan.

For a skinny boy he has phenomenal quickness and speed.

23. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also he didn't start all of these games, nor did he finish them all. His goal/minute ratio is the best in Serie A, and the fact that he could've had many more by now if he had a little bit more of composure is frightening. There are also the assists, I don't know how many he has right now, but I'm sure he could have about 7 or 8 if Seedorf and Gila were scoring the one on ones. Ah, and he's being played out of position sometimes to cover up for injuries in the midfield. All that in his first season in a foreign country (second season in his professional life), after not playing a competitive game for 6 months. And don't forget the games he played after the injury, when not fit.

24. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think people will be more aware of Aguero when he moves to a bigger club. Watching him lately, I don't think there's much of a point to argue who is better out of the aforementioned four. Aguero is playing at an exceptional level.
    The other three haven't played enough to warrant any amount of valid discussion. Could they just be on a hot streak (well everyone but Dos Santos)? I don't think that's necessarily the case....but who knows? They're all young.

25. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right now I also think Aguero is the best of them all, but he has been playing at a professional level for more time and he's one year older than Pato, two years older than Bojan. If I had to pick one of them to have in two years time it would probably be Pato.