Pato vs. Bojan Krikic

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Mojam5, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Menguista

Menguista New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    haehheahua, I forgot about him..... messi is actually the other player besides Pato that I see dominating this prize for the coming years.......

then again, I think Gio dos Santos could also be one of the best from what I've heard.... but, even though I also didn't see him play much, he didn't impress me as nearly as bojan did....

2. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    C.Ronaldo should be winning the prize in the upcoming years, so i doubt messi or pato will.

3. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
  4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I'm glad that Aguero is going so unnoticed and underrated. Personally I rate him higher than Pato, Bojan, and Dos Santos.

5. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good point...him and Forlan have certainly changed the usual Atletico of getting 1-0 or 0-0 results at home

6. Paradie

Paradie New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Jerez (Spain)
    I really think Pato is overrated, and wanting him to be the next Kaka when he has just arrived European football is exaggerated. I think Barcelona will handle Bojan's development much better than Milan will with Pato's. They are gradually giving Bojan more minutes and more responsibilities, as they did with Messi. Of course, I am a Barça supporter so my opinion isn't that objective is it!

Edit: By the way, it's Krkic, not Krikic.

7. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hes only played one game, its not as if theyve overworked him.

8. Paradie

Paradie New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Jerez (Spain)
    I honestly think so. He's signed as a star, Milan has payed 20M$ for him and I'm not sure how much he earns but I'm sure it's not pocket money. On the other hand Barça is handling Bojan's career slowly and with patience.

9. bend-it-like-jack

bend-it-like-jack New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    welton
    Pato definatley because he's got smaller feet and knows how to use them!

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    couldn't agree more. I personally think that at this stage, he is far more advanced than any of those mentioned (though Pato did start off well for Milan). Hopefully he will continue to develop, it's a shame that in the NT he has so much competition for a starting spot but he has been playing very well for Atletico Madrid

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    I understand what your saying about the development, but to suggest that Milan paying $20 million for him while Barca didn't for Bojan has nothing to do with anything because Milan had to buy Pato while Bojan is a product of Barcelona's youth system. If he wasn't Barcelona would have also had to bust out around $20 million for Bojan

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    He's basically the focal point of Atletico's attack. And they have one of the best ones in Spain right now(Aguero, Forlan, Simao, Maxi Rodriguez, Reyes, Luis Garcia).

15 goals and 7 assists so far for him this season. And I'd say that more than half of those goals have been golazos.

13. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I really think you haven't seen Pato play besides this 1 match against Napoli.

Take it from someone that has seen him play before he was a Pro and during his first year as a Pro with Inter. He is not overrated. He is exactly what you see. A confident kid, cold as Ice, with lots and lots of skills and WILL be the FIFA player of the year in the next 3-5 years.

If he stays healthy he will be one of the greatest ever.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing Aguero into the argument is unfair. He has been a professional for 5 years now and been in Europe for a year and a half. Pato and Bojan have just started their careers. So it's no wonder Aguero is ahead of them in development. But it still doesn't mean he is more talented than them. We will see how far along Bojan and Pato are next year.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Back when Aguero was at Independiente his level was still superior than anything I have seen from Pato or Bojan. And I rate Pato highly and I have seen alot of him.

16. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pato by a mile. Bojan is for me another Michael Owen. Low centre of gravity, pace and a good finisher. Like Owen he is very good at dribbling past 14 year olds but hasn't shown any of this skill yet. Bojan will reach the level of Del Piero, but he will never be on a par with Shevchenko or Henry.

Pato is a different beast all together. Oozes class. First touch is impeccable. Superb array of turning and dribbling skills. Well built, strong and powerful. Fearsome header of the ball and has the best striker's instincts since RVN. once his finishing reaches the required level he will be the best since Ronaldo(early days).

17. Menguista

Menguista New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I don't really know Aguero, but is he better than Messi ?? I'll say it again, if he beats Pato in the near future, he will be Wpoty at least twice.....

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Of course he's not better than Messi. Neither are most players in the world. That's nothing to hold against him.

But he is better than Messi in some aspects like finishing with both feet, heading ability, and freekicks.

19. Menguista

Menguista New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I only asked because I put Messi and Pato on the same level, I think they are greatly talented, and will be the best soon (alongside C. Ronaldo, probably, but he is a little older)......

As I said, I don't know Aguero, except for the U20 tournament where he played really well for argentina, but still didn't impress me enough...... had you put him on the same level as Messi though, I would be much more worried about Argentina kicking our brazilian asses in the near future.....:)

As for Pato, he can finish splendidly with both feet and is one of the top 10 headers I ever saw in my life (with only 18 that is sometinhg....), so I find it hard to assume that Aguero is better than him, but I'll look further....

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    If you're putting Pato on the same level as Messi then you're greatly overrating him.

Well he was the top scorer and had a way better tournament than Pato.

Are you serious? Way to overrate him again.

Well you just admitted that you've only seen Aguero in the U-20 so it's pretty clear you don't know much about him.

Videos on youtube are not a good measure but I suggest you take a look at the goals he was scoring back at Independiente when he was Pato's age and younger.

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    to add to what Dr Know said, Aguerro currently has 15 goals and 7 assists in 25 games for Atletico Madrid this season. IMO He's doing pretty well :p

He's among top scorers in UEFA Cup (5 goals), He is 6th in La Liga in goals scored (9).

22. novastar400

novastar400 New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I have to say about all of this... What I've noticed about Aguero is that he's very instinctive, I've seen him score some amazing goals this season and also score some in the right place at the right time goals (but since I've seen him do it so much I think it may be more of a skill and you can't put a price on it)... As far as physical talent, Pato has Aguero, and Krkic beat... Pato has the size, and the speed to make him very successful... Aguero is ahead of both of them at the moment and he's still only 19??? On to Pato and Krkic... I rate both of them about the same b/c ones weakness is another's strength and maybe balances them out in the end... Pato has the physical tools to become a beast, Bojan has the football mind that some players are only born with... He always seems to know what to do with the ball... He's also very skilled on the ball, very deceptive and clever, much better dribbler imo than Micheal Owen would ever dream of being and he's a good finisher... Pato as someone mentioned needs to work on his finishing b/c once he's mastered that, he will be a nightmare for defenders for sure b/c he created loads of opportunities against Napoli, but only time will tell how good these kids actually become though... Both will become great players though, I say by the end of the season both should be getting looks from their respective national teams though... and by the way Giovanni Dos Santos shouldn't even be in this discussion, he's clearly a level below any of these guys that have been mentioned...

23. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Althought he missed two sitters in the game against Napoli, Pato has good finishing abilities. Did you guys see the ball he shot from outside the box? It had in inside spin, meaning he kicked it with the inside part of his right foot, and still it had so much power. It's rare to see people that shoot like that coming by.

24. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He does have great technique and that shot was certainly unexpected...i was waiting for who and where he was going to pass to and suddenly he takes the shot, which shows his confidence in his own ability

25. Menguista

Menguista New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Well, I understand you watched some of Pato's games and have a based opinion on him, and only time will tell, but I truly believe I'm not overrating him. I've seen him play great games, and he always showed not only good or scoring headers, but great technique and great jumping on his heading, both for Inter and for Brazil on the U20 South American Championship (very limited teams). But of course, I said he is one of the top 10 headers I ever saw, not all time top 10.... In Brazil we don't have many great headers, and I don't watch the european leagues for that long a time.....I've watched 15+ of his games and he impressed me as no player since Ronaldo as a 17-year old.
    About Aguero playing better on the U20..... well, we can't blame Pato, as that brazilian team showed terrible football........