Past Dynamo Players (Where are they now?)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by truthandlife, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rico got the start and played the full 90 for Frankfurt in their away game at Mainz today. Game had no bearing on anything (both teams out of Relegation Danger, no chance at Europa League spots etc.)

Poetic justice from my POV (Teamwise), Frankfurt is leading 3:2 until Min 86 when Rico loses Ex Offenbach Player Bance whose header equalizes for the 3:3 Final Score.

2. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. My Blood Runs Orange

May 13, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ade Akinbiyi's new club, Notts County F.C. finished 1st place in League 2 and are now being promoted to League 1. According to wikipedia, Akinbiyi has appeared 9 times with no goals.

4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
  5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A goal you say? Bob Bradley ought to call him into camp and give him a look for South Africa.

6. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His name should not sully this thread.

7. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i thought of that, but technically he was under contract and their seems to be occasional minor interest on his whereabouts.

8. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. But my thoughts on Felix Garcia are that I neither like him nor dislike him...I nothing him. He is completely irrelevant to me.

9. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha THIS

10. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston
    Congrats to Wondo

Chris Wondolowski scored his 4th goal in 4 games last night for San Jose (he's only played in those 4 games, yet he's tied for 3rd in goals in overall MLS). I always appreciated how he played when he was with Houston and wanted to see him get more of a chance to play. He always took time to talk to the fans and never seemed to complain about not getting playing time. It's nice to see that he's now getting that chance and performing well.

Since he was traded from Houston last June, he's scored 7 goals in relatively few games played for San Jose. That's more goals than anyone on Houston has scored since June last year, If you count the 2 goals he scored in Houston last year before being traded, he has 9 goals since the start of the 2009 season. It would be nice for Houston to have a forward who can score goals and stay healthy!

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Re: Congrats to Wondo

very happy for Wondo. i was one of his biggest backers.......

but it doesn't work that way. just because you're scoring goals on 'x' team doesn't mean you would of score goals on 'y' team.

12. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I do think he would have scored for the Dynamo too. I think his problem with Dom was that he was neither a big guy nor a fast guy so he wasn't the ideal partner for any of the forwards here. Dom did say he was the best pure finisher on the roster last year before the season started.

13. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Back when there was a reserve league, Wondo was always super appreciative of the fans that showed up there...every single time. I remember once in '07, a group went up to watch the DC United game and ended up going to the reserve game the next day. He walked over to US and literally shook our hands saying how thankful he was that we made the trip. Quality individual.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He always seemed like a good guy and teammate who gave great 100% effort all the time. He's got to be one of the all time leading reserve league scorers (especially since it is gone).

Other than Weaver being hurt, that deal was a good deal for both players and both teams. He seemed destined to be the 4th striker on the squad regardless of who we shuffled around.

15. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Landin or Wondo???

16. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

or Dalglish!

17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

your kidding right. Dalglish had injuries that had him retire. by the time he got here, he was on his last groin (if you will).

the rest i can't/prefer not to discuss here. ;)

18. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah I was kidding. He made an impact in a few games that first year, but honestly he wasn't all that good.

19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston

btw e.

Dalglish is a great guy. i just wish he was younger and hungrier when he came here. he probably would still be here (in some capacity).

ps - Zach Wells or Tony Caig? :D

20. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article popped up in the YNT forums.

I wouldn't write him off just yet.

21. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info...but I'm not holding my breath.

Assuming that he does eventually join the Dynamo at some point (and that's a HUGE assumption, IMO), he's going to have a lot to prove to the coaching staff.

22. DYNAMO_WARRIOR

Oct 31, 2006
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here some good news:

Holden set to return for Bolton after broken leg

BOLTON, England — American midfielder Stuart Holden is set to dress for Bolton in Sunday's Premier League season finale after recovering from a broken right leg.

The 22-year-old, who left Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo to sign with Bolton last winter, was injured playing for the United States in a 2-1 loss to the Netherlands on March 3.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle said Friday that Holden has trained for two weeks and because the midfielder is likely to be included in the 30-man U.S. World Cup roster, he will be involved in Sunday's game against Birmingham.

Coyle said he will make up his mind on Sunday whether Holden starts or is on the bench.

23. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came on to play the last 25 minutes yesterday.