PASL Webcast

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by dcunitedTV, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    When the teams themselves pull in 300 or so on a good night, I would love to see how many people pay to watch their games online. Maybe eight?

2. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ajaffe

ajaffe Member

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why delete the comment instead of just apologizing for making it?

GoStorm repped this.
  4. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Because it's Facebook and no matter who posts it shows up at "Professional Arena Soccer League" so it would be silly to argue against ourself as it were and drag out the thread any further.

5. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reeedunkulous answer...wouldnt expect anything other tho!

GoStorm repped this.
  6. ajaffe

ajaffe Member

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same question. Regardless of who it was, it was someone in PASL with Facebook admin access to the PASL page. It would be far better to own it, post an apology, make some fun with it, and move on.

At least that is how I would do it. Censorship doesn't look good usually.

Bpsockers and Joey Tee repped this.
  7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well for the lesser teams, yes it doesn't make much sense. For teams like San Diego and Dallas who are pulling in 3000+ a night there might be people who are interested on away games.

8. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Yes, maybe 30. I understand the cost constraints and I do not know what it would cost per team for the league to just eat the cost of the webcasts and show them for free, but for the 50 people that might pay $90 for the season, that $4500 in revenue less the production costs split between all the teams in the league is almost nothing. I don't see how this is a money-maker for anyone and to Go Storm's point would be better for the league to stream the games for free.

Joey Tee and cardshopmd repped this.
  9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, wait....how is losing a certain amount of money better than losing a lesser amount of money?

These teams don't have the resources to do this. And, no, despite what some people say, they wouldn't watch a lot of these games. They just wouldn't. Nobody's that big a geek.

Typical entitled American soccer fan. Give us everything for free, I promise I might buy a scarf someday.

dcunitedTV repped this.
  10. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I watch FIRE games for FREE and have purchased several jerseys and scarves for when I do attend games. I have Rampage items that I will wear to any game of theirs I go to but it would be nice to know I can watch the games at home if I wanted to but not at a price.

11. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How exactly are you watch Chicago fire games for free? If you pay for cable they aren't free.

12. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Ahhhh = good point good point but it does come with the package that I have. Now I can't see all games because I do not have a soccer package but when they show the games on channels that I do have then I do watch the game and it did not cost me any extra. But point taken because nothing is free in your argument. But you are correct in a way

dcunitedTV repped this.
  13. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago v Piasa
    So far the quality of the stream from the Mustangs is good. Audio levels are solid.
    Camera work is slow. and where is the color? The feed is in black and white.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Link? And is Andy BegYourPardon doing the game?

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, never mind, I ain't paying for that shit, either.

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Did the feed go down or is the problem on my end? I had the black and white video. The commentary seemed decent, but it was only on about 5 minutes.

17. Bpsockers

Bpsockers Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Sure doesn't seem like it is worth $8

18. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    In their defense - this was the first game for them and they did have some technical difficulties that they were trying to correct.
    Was a good game for Mustangs. Decent crowd that was very enthusiastic. Piasa even had some fans there.
    Hope fully they learned from the errors of this evening and will make next game better. Nice job & nice crowd tonight and a Mustangs wins.
    I can't wait for Rampage vs. Mustangs game that one will be good. Wish I could make out to Rockford for it

19. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are reporting 299 people, what does that place hold?

20. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I think 300

21. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Actually I would bet that there was more than 400 or more - there was a lot of folks watching and then quite a few in the bar area downstairs. There were even some fans on the benches facing the other field and they were standing on them facing the main field.

22. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree. I thought there were between 400 and 500 people at the game.

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I was told they could fit up to 1,200 but I don't know if they meant at a game or just "in the building" including the other field and other areas.

24. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I think that is in the building as 1200 would be very crowded watching one game on the main field
    They had the announcers on the same side as the fans - IF they could move that out they could have fit more people on that side