Parkhurst: FC Nordsjaelland vs. Shakhtar Donetsk, 11/20

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Scotty, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The Danish FA are now saying that they are not going to get involved in this case, but they will not be surprised if UEFA are going to take action. Danish NT legend and NT coach Morten Olsen is enraged... he says that when Bendtner got a one-match ban for pulling his pants and showing his green boxers at the Euro-12, then Adriano should be punished much more severely.

- "This is about sporting rules that everyone knows. This is why FIFA and UEFA hoist the yellow flag that says 'FIFA Fair Play'. So if he is not punished for this, though there are no actual rules, then I believe we should pull down that fair play flag." Danish NT coach Morten Olsen said to Danish TV2.

It perhaps should be mentioned, that Olsen got a 'fair play' award in 2003, when he ordered NT captain Morten Wieghorst to deliberately misuse a penalty in a friendly against Iran, when Denmark wrongly was awarded a penalty by the referee... Thinking that he had heard the referee whistle for half-time, an Iranian defender picked up the ball inside his penalty area. Unfortunately the whistle had come from the stands so Denmark was awarded a penalty by the referee, but Olsen refused to take advantage of the situation and Denmark subsequently lost the match by 1-0 . The incident was btw CNN's 'play of the day' on 2. February 2003.

ImaPuppy, Mani, Bees Knees and 3 others repped this.
  2. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Wow, what a great story, Ceres! Thanks for sharing that. :)

What Adriano did was despicable.

3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Parkhurst's strong reaction was a positive take-away from an otherwise negative match.

Do we know what the late yellow card was all about?

4. INKRO

INKRO Member+

Jul 28, 2011
    Exactly, it's not a question of if FIFA and UEFA have any respect for the game, from what we've seen they clearly don't have much of it if any at all.

5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    In my geezer game he would not have walked off the field under his own power.

(Not to mention, even if such a thing happened on would expect that team to be more aware of what being cheated on by scum feel like)

It's a problem with the system, honestly, but cheaters like that need street justice.

Sadly, they need to change the injury system and the ref has to actually toss the ball to the keeper directly or something rather than "trust" the players to do right.

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    This must be one of your all-time favorite matches, then ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(association_football)

I remember Deco running a long way to foul a Dutch player to teach the Dutch a lesson in manners (after the Dutch had not returned the ball after Portugal kicked it out so an injured (or 'injured') teammate could be tended to. Portugal was up a goal but down a man fairly early, and time-wasting was the order of the day.

Other memories: Maniche's goal was very well taken, with a very subtle touch to create space before he shot (Maniche seemed to have van der Sar's number); and of course (subsequently red-carded) Deco watching the game from the stands with his Dutch opponent/club teammate van Brockhorst (also red-carded that day.

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, that was a mess.

I honestly believe the quaint old "honor system" with regard injuries should just be scrapped anyway. It is open to too much jobbing. It should be the ref's responsibility to stop matches for injuries if he thinks it needed (even if you give it to the 4th official) and to preside over either a challenged drop ball or unchallenged as he sees fit.

It doesn't cause a ton of problems, but when it does, the honor injury system can get ugly - like in this match.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah the more and more i watch this the more i am a Dynamo Kiev fan by default....there is no dignity in this and speaks a ton about that Donetsk team. I actually enjoyed watching them in previous years, especially in the UEFA cup. But not any more, as someone else said, this team is now on my sh*t list.

The best part now is they just put a gigantic target on their backs. Never again will a squad show a Shakhtar decency during an injury, i hope it was worth it.

10. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm disappointed in Srna. I've always liked him and would have thought he'd be strong enough to fix this on the pitch. Guess not.

11. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Here is the FCN coach Kasper Hjulmand's take on the matter :

"When you look at a bench, where the assistant coach sits and was giving him [Adriano] a thumbs-up for it, when it happened, and later when he was subbed out. It is a scandal" Said the FCN coach who tried to talk to Shakhtar coach Mircea Lucescu about the goal.

KH - "I gave my opinion to Lucescu"

Q - "What was his answer?"

KH -"He speaks six languages and he answered in one I do not understand"

Q - "Was there an agreement that you then could run up and score ?"

KH -" I do not sense that there is a clear agreement. There are some players, Srna being one of them, who definitely expect that this is what to do."

KH -" He [Srna] also try to look in the direction of the bench, but nothing happened. So the deal is certainly not communicated properly."

KH -" It is one thing, that there is a fool who does not know what it is all about, another thing is how you deal with it, and as coach I would definitely have cut through and said, that this is how we do it [let them score]."

KH - "I have lost a great deal for Shakhtar, which I otherwise had a lot of respect for and for their coaching team, who I had spoken with, and I think had done an excellent job [in the past], but morality is an elusive thing."

Q - "Did you get so frustrated as a coach, that you considered a sacrificial red card to get back at Adriano?"

KH - "No, I did not. We do things our way, and we keep our nose clean. We also talked [in the break] about that if the situation should arise, we would not make use of it."

KH - "We have some values ​​that we believe in. There are many [people] watching - also children, and we should not go out and bring discredit on the game. We do things our way, and this we will always do".

sXeWesley, ImaPuppy, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really don't want to be a Dynamo fan. On all accounts; fans, management they are shady as hell.

13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    UEFA have now officially opened disciplinary proceedings against Adriano who faces charges for violation of the 'principles of conduct' (Article 5, UEFA Disciplinary Regulations) :
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1895837.html

... so he is not getting away with this...

You can find the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations article 5 'principles of conduct' right here :
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/81/94/48/1819448_DOWNLOAD.pdf

HartwickFan repped this.
  14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there an actual rule or are they just going to make something up to punish him.

15. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe kind of like the World Cup seedings: sure, there are "rules" and a "formula," but they're always going to nudge them until they get the desired outcome.

Zoidberg and Real Corona repped this.
  16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    UEFA has opened "proceedings" on the goal - Although I don't know why the ref would not card him for unsporting behviour "acts in a manner which shows lack of respect for the game."

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    "lack of respect for the game" is a cardable offense. I think the ref blew it when he did not card Adriano. I'm sure UEFA has a similar catch-all in their bylaws.

from ceres link: k) who behaves in an unsporting manner to gain an advantage.

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

FloridaFC2MLS, ImaPuppy, Ceres and 2 others repped this.
  19. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    That's so cool! And it sounded like the Danish fans were cheering after he passed the ball over the endline -- classy fans. :)

20. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    One game suspension to Luiz Adriano.

Schakhtar won't appeal.

21. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    "Sorry I can't help but I already told you I lost the key!"