Park Ju-Young @ Watford F.C. 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
  2. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    430032109764608000 is not a valid tweet id

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  4. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Watford is on BeIn this weekend. Rare time to see PCY maybe.

7. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    The guide at http://www.beinsportsplay.tv/schedule says so with channel icon that suggests their regular TV channel. But their regular TV schedule (http://www.beinsports.tv/tv-schedule) and others sites ( Dish guide or LiveSoccerTV.com) don't have that game.

I'm wondering if it's on their online streaming site.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Their online schedule is more accurate. BeIn and GolTV often do not update their schedules for the weekend until late Wednesday or even Thursday. The online schedule on the other hand I believe are based on rights that have been pre-determined by other parties either by logistics (e.g. which games will be broadcast in UK for Championship) or by contract (La Liga).

Thus, BeIn owns the rights to the match and will stream regardless of TV... but as its listed for the main channel, other guides like their TV listings / providers / zap2it will update later and SHOULD carry match (I've never seen BeIn vary but I have seen GolTV change their mind).

cappuccino_kid repped this.
  9. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Never understood why people have a problem with this. Are they lying or making this shit up? Do Koreans not eat dogs? And before people get their panties in a twist, I understand that it's only a small part of the population that do it. However, the fact of the matter is that people from other cultures find eating/butchering dogs disturbing. Personally, I find it pretty disgusting as well but who the ******** am I to judge? Especially when both my dad and uncle have said they've tried it. What I'm asking is, is the source of your frustration your own embarrasment and/or even self-hatred? If it is, then it sounds like misplaced anger.

10. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because the implication is that people who eat dogs are barbaric, uncivilized savages.

Corea10, Hodori, HojuSaram and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Gash Basher

Gash Basher Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well if that's the case, then fu*k em!

CanadianGook repped this.
  12. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Excited to see our boy finally get some club minutes again - but man, it's against Leicester, who haven't lost since the beginning of December!

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    then, maybe a greater chance of PCY getting in as a sub then if watford needs goals.

seoulman9 repped this.
  14. Zizzle

Zizzle Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol just posted in the NT thread

16. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    need to re-edumacate western society. Dogs are animals notwithstanding sentiment....people all over the world eat dogs...I have never but who the fuk cares....

the real issue is I think what u are getting at...English poke fun at koreans as if they are beneath them bc they eat dogs...but they act that way with any other peeps as well. even amongst themselves. eg mancs say a lot worse about scousers...ie Park ji sung chant...

nmssis repped this.
  17. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Think Watford have got a game today vs. Middlesbrough?

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Pretty sure you've eaten dog before or at least you say you have.

Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2009-2010 Thread [R] V

For the record I have tried it unknowingly but after I found out I just kept eating it. Frankly it wasn't that good and I don't think people eat it for the taste anyway. Same reason people eat frog or snake.

Hodori repped this.
  20. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ohhhhh dang. Canadian Gook got put in his place!

21. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #96 dudedudedude, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Cnn kind of does this crap with dolphins. Do they really need to troll japan to get hits lol.

22. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    when he made the dog comment on tv, was he being malicious or being completely ignorant?
    When he watches a team from Africa, does he go "You know....I ate some fried chicken and watermelon..it was delicious"

23. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i wouldn't judge what other people put in their mouths, but there was a pretty bad horsemeat scandal in the u.k. not too long ago, and america has proliferated more bad meat via mcdonald's and corporate farming practices than any other country combined. also it does seem kind of pointless to take offense for people who see none. hmb served it to his friend, they served it in 88'...

24. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    God. Can we just drop this discussion for good? There are ignorant soccer fans in England. Wow. Shocking. No different than any other large population in the world. Why do you guys let it upset you so much? Why let other people's stupidity rile you up so much? Pity their ignorance and don't let it affect you.

Hell, if they think Korean food is defined by eating dogs, then missing out on kalbi and samgyupsal is punishment enough.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  25. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    not upset. I thought it was lalas? he's american right. Wondering if he was jsut being ignorant or racist