Park Ju-young @ AS Monaco 2010-2011 Thread [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Point taken... its hard to remember how well he did/didn't link up based on the disaster that's Monaco... but he seems to fade in and out of desire to get messy in the middle while JDW seems more willing to jump into the fire. Anyway, I'm clearly one of the more pro-PCY peeps in these forums, so I was trying to pick out something that one may consider a fault besides his so-so finishing.

PJS will be too old to play winger much longer. Plus I'm fine with 4-2-3-1. PJS can play defense in 2014. Back on topic, I'm having a hard time figuring out a strike partner for a 4-2 front that would jibe with PCY that exists on the KNT.

2. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I see your point as it's been a while since we've seen Park Ju-young linking up with his teammates especially at Monaco because they're just so..... shite.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Morgan Amalfitano of Lorient coming to AS Monaco?

4. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I extremely hope Monaco doesn't get relegated. This is like LCY's first season at Bolton all over again but Monaco are in a worser position because they are constantly stuck at the bottom of the table.

Morgan Amalfitano coming to As monaco? whered you hear that.

5. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seems like Alonso will stay in Monaco.
    I hope PJY and Alonso can establish a chemistry again. They used to link up very well last season.

6. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it was usually alonso --> nene --> PCY. Or it was Alonso --> PCY --> Nene. They seem lost without nene.

7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG] I'm lost without my Litos.!!!

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    lol... I thought it was so dumb that I deleted it...

Here it is again...

Just like Jitevra's lost w/o Tevez...

Alsonso + PJY + Nene = Aljune' - dammit, it doesn't really work :(

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Amalfitano is a great player, if they can have him, the team will look way better I think.

10. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what positions can he play?
    Isn't he an attacking midfielder?
    Can he play on the wings? What type of player is he? Does he like to pass? Shoot? Any info would be great.
    thanks in advance

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He can play anywhere on midfield, from CM to AM. He's a player with a lot of pace, skills, he can score and make assists as well :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9Zv_ATBPk"]YouTube - But de l'année amalfitano[/ame]

He's free to go where he wants this summer, a lot of teams want him, so the one which will give money to Lorient this winter will probably grab the player.
    Now, I don't know if he wants to come to Monaco. Marseille and Lille are also interested.

12. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    arg must spread rep
    thanks.
    I really want Monaco to get someone who can play on the wings dammit.
    Sounds like this guy plays best in the center. Would be nice to sign him although Coutadeur and Haruna are pretty decent in the center.

13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think he's already declined according to planete-asm.

14. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dang :( i knew the chances of this would be slim. Nobody would take a risk to join Monaco at this point. He's already an established starter at Lorient from what i know. Monaco are forced to dig themselves out.

On another note i think Koo ja cheol would look good at Monaco. They could use him to link the midfield and strikers together. From the highlights of the India match Koo is a smart player capable of setting goals up. The risk is huge so i doubt they'd transfer a foreign player mid-season

15. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No Wai! Kooey deserves better. Spanish league or bundesliga Imo.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    +1. BL all the way.

17. KwonchesterUtd

Aug 10, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want to see what he can do with Sergio Aguero or Luis Fabiano.

18. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Y'all need to calm down about KJC.

19. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Suk->Son->Koo->???

He wasn't the first and won't be the last. We have a tendency to freak out over promising players. :D

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not freaking out over Koo just yet in terms of club play. First he needs to get on a legit side... but I thought given his style of play that BL would be ideal to start.

vs. Son who I'm more excited about club play and less excited on the NT because of his style which isn't an ideal fit right now for the NT given PJS taking his spot in 4-2-3-1 and the short passing which isn't taking advantage of some of Son's explosiveness.

Are there any rumors on Koo? I thought he was going to some crappy Swiss league but maybe I forgot who is going there.

EDIT: WTF... I didn't realize we're on the PCY thread. Sorry to continue the wandering.

Doesn't seem PCY is close to coming back yet laborday (or whatever he goes by these days).

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Swiss newspaper thinks that he's agreed to personal terms w/ YBoys but the two clubs haven't agreed on a transfer fee. I think the story is rubbish. Especially considering how many bundesliga scouts are at the Asian Cup trying to pick up the next Kagawa...

http://www.derbund.ch/sport/fussball/Kommt-jetzt-auch-Koo-JaCheol/story/13669144

[Edit: dammit - same here... just noticed this is the PCY thread...]

To move back on topic, here's a column on Monaco's struggles this season...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/column...paul-marshall---two-weddings-and-a-relegation

22. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    George Welcome is close to a deal with Monaco
    Adebayor -> Monaco????
    There may be some truth to this rumor...

23. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Didn't he come from Monaco?

24. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yea thats why I think a lot of the rumors are starting up. The move doesn't really make sense since his salary would be too much for the club that needs to offload some of its own but there's so much of this popping up....

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Yeah, it'd make more sense if he went to the Chicken Kings aka Blackburn Rovers or Fulham even.