Park Ju-young @ As Monaco 2008-2009

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did Jung Kyung-ho go then?

2. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No, Jung Kyung-ho signed a 3 year deal with his hometown club Gangwon FC.

Jo Won-hee is a defensive midfielder. He's a natural RB/RM but always struggled to play a lick of defense. Fortunately, he found a new home in central midfield and has been exceptional since then. I'd say he's the best Korean DM along with Kim Nam-il.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok thanks.

4. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Damn, this is one intense ass injury.

5. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    [​IMG]

Park Joo-young and Dario Simic will be back for the match against Caen.

6. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Park Ju-Young assists Pino for the opening goal vs. Caen in the 6th minute.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How many assists is it this season so far?

8. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    3. v. Le Mans, Lorient, and Caen

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok thanks.

10. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    That's not really an assist.

[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jLz31fqeFDE"]YouTube - Les 4 buts de caen-monaco (2-2)[/ame]

11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    yes, you are right, not really an assist that.

but the highlight doesnt include Park Ju-young's disallowed goal in the 2nd half before Caen's first goal. It was a corner kick for Monaco from the left, quite clever corner low on the ground going in close to the goalie, Park Ju-young accelerates past between two defenders then heel flicks it in to goal. Fantastic goal. Ruled offside. But for me the slow motion replay showed that he was just on side. But hey there you go.

if anyone finds a clip and posts it, its worth watching. 0-3 and perhaps Monaco could have got all 3pts, but then again Monaco did give away that kind of a lead before this season already.

this match was one of the better ones, but still the crossing was atrocious. They need a player who can actually cross a ball.

12. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Did he play a fair game? Does anyone have a clip of Park JY's disallowed goal?

13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I think the corner kick might have been going in even without JY's touch but it was a slick little move and confused the goalie. It looked onside in replay. Haven't seen it posted anywhere yet though...

14. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005

True. I watched the replays and not really an assist by any stretch of the imagination but in all fairness, I was reading the ESPN Gamecast :)

15. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    What have you guys been using to watch these Monaco games? I used to use PandoraTV but they don't seem to have any sports channels like they did a few months ago...

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Vagabond's been watching highlights.

17. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
  18. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    he had an ok game considering it was his first match back from injury.

However, Monaco still insists on using him as post, they just long ball the ball at him high, and he has to jump and head it all the time. Its baffling to see why Ricardo has decided that this is the best role for Park Ju-young. Alonso, Pino all prefers to take a shot themselves from mid to long range rather than pass or pass and run in to create space....And as i said before no one can cross into the box. Park Ju-young himself crossed in a couple, but was no better than others. However in previous matches he crossed well enough so i put it down to it being his first match back.

the disallowed goal should have counted as Park Ju-young was on side. it looked like it was a well practiced set play.

the funniest thing was watching Monaco crumble and give up that 0-2 lead. You just had to laugh.

Caens fans loved it, and there were quite a few in the stadium.

19. pakman38

pakman38 Member

Jan 28, 2009
    In your brain
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea I hope he continues to improve as a footballer. His "Korean Wayne Rooney" hasn't ever fit him.

20. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    you are wrong jerk face... i don't care about monaco, i don't watch period. you've been watching the games? you really need to get a life chump.

21. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    vagabondmd, it'd help if you just ignore these japes, and don't start anything yourself as well.

22. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGn_qRFP4U&feature=subscription"]YouTube - ??? ????[/ame]

23. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Has Cho Wonhee signed yet?

24. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't know. You should ask those Soccerline folks.