Park Ju-Young @ Arsenal F.C. 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Probably money

skimmilk repped this.
  2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    doubt it is money issue this time. don't think PCY's wages are HIGH as everyone is making it ought to be..
    Plus, Wigan can actually afford PCY's wage without the help of Arsenal subsidizing portion of his wage. Grant Holt is supposedly on similar wage as PCY is right now (if not slightly higher)..

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wigan aint exactly rich either tho. And arsenal will want wigan to pay as much as possible during the loan. Hopefully we get closure in the next couple days.

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    True but this is emergency loan. I'm sure Wigan were or are prepared to pay PCY's entire wage during the loan period.

However, this is all probably BS since we have tabloids like Daily Star expecting "season-long loan" for PCY.

5. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    According to the Guardian, Holt's wages with Norwich was 30k/week. I believe PCY's wages with Arsenal is 40k/week. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/29/norwich-grant-holt-melbourne-heart

Celta's loan fee to Arsenal last season was 800,000 euro (I think) and they only had to pay partial wages.

takeuchi and skimmilk repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ahh, you are right about Grant Holt. Or at least I believe Guardian more over tabloids as Mirror/Daily Star (found some link/quote with Holt on 40k).

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Park is getting paid 50k a week at Arsenal right now. Holt is getting paid at best 30k. I reckon the true value is around 27k, what he was getting at Norwich.

Riight. So Wigan will gamble 50k a week for a player who has flopped badly in club football for the last two years when they have cheaper options? Unless Whelan's gone mad he will never agree to do this. At most Wigan will pay 50% of the wages if Park does actually. Wigan had their top players wages cut to survive in the Championship. You don't seriously think that the would jeopardise that to get Park paying him 50k a week, right?

Also, according to the Korean media, the deadline that Wigan had set was the 8th... So...

Corporation X repped this.
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For one, this is emergency loan if it actually happens. Also, Wigan doesn't have any leverage.... they should be prepared to eat up majority of his salary. And no, Wigan did not have their top players wages cut as guys like Shaun Maloney is still getting his EPL salary.

As for Grant Holt, he was on 30 to 32k at Norwich (he bitched to get a raise the previous season from 17k.. while Aston Villa were supposedly rdy to offer him 40k or so that season to get him).

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    What I'm saying is Wigan can get strikers who's actually been playing for the last two years on emergency loan. And for much less than 50k. For some reason I highly doubt Wigan would pay that amount of money. I guess that's the major stumbling block right now. No sane club would pay 50k for Park's wages, and Arsenal doesn't want to pay either.

Corporation X repped this.
  10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Well, yea. And as for Arsenal.. they are paying PCY 40 or 50k, whatever his exact salary is right now. I don't have a clue WTF Arsenal is doing with PCY in general. Could have unloaded him during summer if they were willing to subsidize 50% of his salary...

11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Might as well reminisce the days where the Korean media were cult worshipping Park... That was much less painful to see than what's going on now. Putting up some good ones to lighten up the mood here...

[​IMG]

A better version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seol Korea, DavDavFC and Ohhii repped this.
  12. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #87 dudedudedude, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Ronaldo had some insane strength in his shots. He was extremely unpredictable b/c of his quick release and power. There aren't that many strikers that can do this. A lot of the older Italian/Series A strikers had this ability but now these days strikers seem to go for accuracy over power. (I think its largely due to the fact that good teams are adopting the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation. they all try to stretch out the opposing defense)

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    haha, really? Where do they get this stuff? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::speechless::sick:

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I doubt PCY's wanting/not wanting to go was the slow part of this loan.

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The most likely issue being resolved right now is the percentage of his wages that Arsenal will pay/provide as a subsidy to Wigan. Once that's resolved, this should probably go through imo.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Until wenger plays too hardball and Wigan end up looking elsewhere.

17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    No clue. I couldn't find any other press mentioning that aside from the Korean media. I'm guessing there was a rumour on a fan forum and that became a story. Nothing new here. :speechless:

18. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One day Owen Coyle will manage the KNT. :trollface:

19. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    DON'T. EVEN. MENTION. THE THOUGHT OF IT

20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hahaha, wow... idiots..
    I mean.. really, idiots. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::speechless::thumbsdown:
    checked Korean media for Korean NT & this is the garbage i find

http://sports.news.naver.com/sports...&mod=read&office_id=076&article_id=0002403845

writing an article based on this crap I bet... outdated article too..written in 2011

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557...e-dreossi-confirms-interest-in-park-chu-young

zdrstvte repped this.
  21. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wtf is happening... just speculation!?

22. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Wenger plotting Llorente loan swoop as unsettled Juventus striker looks to boost World Cup chances
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ant-Fernando-Llorente-loan.html#ixzz2hNK3w9GC
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Showed up on my google news so I'm guessing the same for them

LOL

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    amazed they didn't report this

http://nord-pas-de-calais.france3.f...om-d-avoir-achete-florian-thauvin-336057.html

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh well. Looks not good at this point for an ideally timed loan (with intl break to fit in).