Park Ju-Young @ Arsenal F.C. 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think a more realistic scenario is that he shows that he's in shape by being dressed for every match, have a tolerable goals / min ratio and justifies some L1 paying enough to let Wenger loosen his death grip on PCY's career. I think L1 clubs found him to be appealing on a free but too $$ vs the number of questions.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They still have PCY love in canada it seems.

seolseol repped this.
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And what coyle had said re:striker loan a bit over a week ago. I'd suspect he wasn't referring to PCY but he's not looking for a 1 month loan while Wigan work through injuries
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-coyle-striker-search-102510922--sow.html

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    probably Jordan Rhodes. great if PCY can get play time with Wigan on loan, but I hope he doesn't move to Wigan permanently. btw, who started PCY to Wigan anyways? I'm not getting anything from English media except twitter & well.. some random bloke from Wigan forum.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No real press outside the korean article. KORFootballNews says Ilgan Sports. No idea of credibility. I'd say fairly low given CV move was unknown til it was nearly done IIRC. Somehow reached that canadian media guy so maybe I'm missing his name splashed across some paywalled paper (e.g. the sun)

6. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am honestly just grateful I clicked this thread and found some mildly positive news for once...

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We've been let down before so don't get your hopes high until the shirt is in hand.

12th Warrior and nmssis repped this.
  8. delta

delta Member

Jan 22, 2007
    The loan move is probably the best we can hope for. In all probability he ain't moving in Jan. He could've have moved to any number of clubs past summer, as Arsenal was willing to let him go. As I understand, the sticking point was his high wage, which no other clubs except the Arabs were willing to match. Either PCY has to take a paycut or Arsenal subsidises a part of his salary to be rid of him (Just like Manchester City did with Adebayor. City is still paying a part of Adebayor's salary, even though Adebayor now plays for Tottenham). Neither happened, and Its seems neither is likely to happen again in Jan.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd not worry about January. This is about playing from here until Jan. If he were to light it up (unlikely as he hasnt played regularly in forever), someone may be willing to pay more of his salary than now where the risk to reward ratio is very poor.

10. delta

delta Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Not likely. His current wage is way too high (For many clubs in German Bundesliga, he would be one of the top earners).

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    First, BL is likely off the table. When push came to shove in August, french clubs were the only ones really interested.

Second, after seeing multiple clubs in the PCY mix, Arsenal seemed to be asking clubs to pay more of his salary or PCY to give up his contract. May have even asked for a fee. Unfortunately for everyone involved, Arsenal's bluff got called and nobody was willing to pay for what Arsenal was asking.

Now it was clear from one of the presidents (lorient iirc) that Arsenal WAS willing to talk about SOME contract subsidization. But I imagine nobody was willing to pay say 1/2 of PCY's salary for a fairly unknown commodity given his poor performance for CV and his injury.

If PCY were to make that risk less by performing well, a move in January is still possible even if unlikely, especially if PCY becomes more willing to eat a portion of his salary.

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Umm, Arsenal were/are desperate to get rid of him but aren't willing to let him go for nothing with 2 yr left on his contract (nor desperate enough to pay compensation for his release/mutual contract termination). So, I doubt he could have moved to any club over the summer...

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #38 takeuchi, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    oh, and finally.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...der-Bruno-Martins-Indi.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

edit: haha.. and from Wigan forum. btw, Alan Nixon is trash journalist from Mirror

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=23236&posts=6

skimmilk and korfan repped this.
  14. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Suppose it's good that there's some sort of slightly more credible coverage.

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Daily Mail is no more credible than korean press.

KyopoOhNo and korfan repped this.
  16. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd suppose so :p

17. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can he play in Europa League?

18. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gayageum repped this.
  20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @JohnnyDuerden: Park Chu-young reportedly told to decide on Wigan loan today. Owen Coyle was Bolton boss when Park scored only Arsenal goal

21. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wait there's a decision involved? GO IDIOT

korfan and nmssis repped this.
  22. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I remember when coach Hong went to England to talk to both park and Ki, coach hong mentioned that relationship between park and wenger isn't bad as the media have reported so far(according to Park).

So, if that's the case, I assume there was a conversation between park and wenger on where park stand as to how and when can he expect first team playing time. Or, there wasn't one and wenger could simply have told park to 'just get ready whenever'.

Should be optimistic if that's case. But then again, park was bumped off by academy youngster who was 10 yrs junior during that league cup match. It's just unpredictable as to how park will get first team action as a member of north Londoner. Unless wenger explicitly told park that you'll play in this certain game, i would suggest park to move on loan again.

At this point park should be glad someone asking for his service in Europe based on last year's season at Vigo. So move to Wigan it is. I would hope that park can kickass in championship, scores a bunch, comeback to national team, kickass there too. And seasons beyond.

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    So Wenger hasn't tried to bury him alive yet? Oh wait, he's done that metaphorically.

skimmilk repped this.