Park Ji-sung @ Queens Park Rangers 2012-2013 Part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by pourmood, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The last 10-15 minutes of the first half was 뻥축구.

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Julio Cesar is back to looking like a cat with those reflex saves... Wow... what a match for him.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm I the only one here who dislikes Adel Taarabt's flashy dribbling?

4. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Taarabt is a selfish selfish player.....

GoonerDoz repped this.
  5. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah good game for Cesar, showing why he needed to be bought. Unfortunately the game has devolved a bit...

6. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why the fck does Taarabt always turn into the defender when he can play a simple lay off to open team mates?

GoonerDoz and Hodori repped this.
  7. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why the eff is SWP still playing football? Are there no other decent wingers at QPR?

8. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agree. He just managed to kick the ground and foul himself when put through on goal.

9. Chupacabra1

Chupacabra1 Member

May 16, 2012
    Seriously, I think most of the guys in offense go for the spectacular too often. At least Taarabt can pull it off from time to time. But Mackie man... that guy. He plays like he has a two digit football IQ with nothing but a 'forward forward forward!' mentality. I haven't seen him getting past his man once yet, and he always goes for it instead of passing the ball back to the center where it's open.

10. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's their offensive threat right now, him and Taraabt have had moments where they've looked truly dangerous. I'm impressed with him.

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FT 0-0

MOTM: Julio Cesar. QPR would have been in a deeper shithole if they didn't have this man.

12. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well done JSP. Draw not a bad result against spurs. Did his job well.

13. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Offensive threat but not a winger that is able to create cut through chances or has great finishing ability. Likewise with Mackie. So useless. But good defensive game by everyone especially Cesar and Park Ji Sung.

14. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought he was pretty decent today, but I wish he did more offensively.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  15. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Of course we'd all be happy if he scored a hattrick, lol.

16. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A lot of positives today, I thought Fabio played well and also the two center backs, Clint Hill and Ryan Nelsen.

The team isn't bad, they just have close to zero chemistry. Park maybe brings the chemistry up by a few points but he was too busy cleaning shit up to be the point man QPR needed today.

It just seems that when they lose momentum they have no idea how to get it back, when Taraabt and Wright Phillips go forward it's like watching a ripped off zombie-arm work its way up while the rest of the body stays behind. They made some decent plays with each other though, just seemed to be missing that vital third component, due to the lack of proper build-up play.

KorS repped this.
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  18. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    God reading the QPR facebook page just hurts every time...

19. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they spam my news feed haha

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And twitter.

21. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To be fair to the QPR posters, there were some who were defending PJS as well. I don't really care about what the other ones said, since they post the same substance-less posts that point to some generalized lack ability, etc. etc. There's nothing wrong with being critical, but a lot of the dolts on that forum:

1. Can't ********ing string a god damned coherent sentence together.

2. Don't actually criticize in a critical way, they just bitch.

EDIT: God. I just read through all of that and I think my brain is bleeding. Do these QPR fans speak and utilize a different brand of English over there? Dear ********ing lord, these people are idiots.

CanadianGook repped this.
  22. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    theyre actually dumber than those on red cafe. no fukn clue. without players like park you give the other team more time on the ball and most likey concede goals which is a massive problem for qpr this season until yesterday against the spurs (and coincidentally with man united with park not on the team). ignore those ungrateful bitches.

GoonerDoz repped this.
  23. KorS

KorS Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm probably one of those that are over-critical of our (Korean) players especially if they play below-par or not up to their standards but watching Park play yesterday, I thought he had solid game. Not MOTM or ratings of 10/10 worthy but solid 7/10 game.

He did lose the ball in couple of possessions and contributed little to the attack - though I don't recall him misplacing a pass bar once or twice -defensively (which seemed to be his role asked by Redknapp), he did a great disciplined job.

Positionally, he was excellent to prevent Spurs players from moving forward, and I believe he was man-marking Scott Parker and successfully neutralized him (think Scott Parker had one decent shot in the whole match). He harassed whenever possible and broke up their interplay, never stopped running (watching Ki and Park is night and day in terms of running lol) and provided defensive cover for Fabio, Mbia, Taarabt, SWP etc when these players were moving forward. Even the English commentary that I was watching commented on how Park, Mbia and the back 5 deserved 8s and 9s for their performance in this match.

So I'm actually very surprised that many of those QPR forums are criticizing Park. I know he hasn't had the best season, was below-par in many matches but he's had to deal with injuries, change of coaches, captaincy etc. Not making any excuses though, I do hope he brings up a notch or two in the next few games, contributing to the interplay and attack in general, - analyzing Park only from this Spurs match, he did his job.

Mudang, wetcrispy, CanadianGook and 2 others repped this.
  24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic