Park Ji-sung @ Manchester United 2011-2012 Thread Part 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    They remind me of the Reading kits when SKH was around.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm hearing carte blanche hère.

edit: I like how the K media is bringing it.

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Finally. We're getting to our journalists and will get answers to (1) how Hughes will use PJS and (2) what the hell is going on with KSY and a potential third KNT member bid.

4. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The website is blocked! grrr bahrain

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    F*cker is giving the most basic answers...all he's saying is Park can play many positions but no confirmation whether he'll be in the wings or the middle...and nothing revealing on other potential Korean players.

6. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Basically said PJS will start as much as possible, but when Hughes? was asked how he would utilize PJS, he seemed a little caught off guard to me.

They haven't been able to comment on Ki specifically.

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    WTF? Tony Fernandes just took a picture of PJS w/ his mobile while PJS was answering a question in our language.

8. DavDavFC

DavDavFC Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sydney/Seoul
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LMAO is that all for the questions?

9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    And the stream goes dead when we get to the real sh!t. Anyone have a Korean stream?

10. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My stream just cut out. I guess QPR Live got bored since the questions were in Korean now.

11. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    7 years of service and no call from SAF. why am I surprised? I really should not be.

12. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mods, should probably close this thread.

13. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess we shouldn't be considering the bad exits of Beckham, Keane, and even Tevez?

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Right. I dunno how some are shocked by this treatment. SAF has been taking advantage of PJS for so long.

15. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    why? those guys left on rocky notes.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    STAM... Don't forget him. Butt and P. Neville too...

17. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Claiming mistreatment from SAF.

18. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy too apparently.

Got to hand it to SAF though, you gotta be ruthless and without emotion to stay on top for 20+ years.

19. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly what Mudang said, given...I thought what made SAF such a powerful manager was his passion and man management rather than his ruthlessness

20. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think his micro management is his bane actually. Fine for England but He'll never ever beat Barca with that static shtick.

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/the-new-ji-sung-park-thread.646813/page-30#post-26012488

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-sung-park-leave-united-for-qpr.aspx?pageNo=2

22. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ I like Rio. And Evra. We'll see if any of the other teammates make positive public comments.

23. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its nice that he's going somewhere as receptive as this. Happy for him in that sense.

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of South Korean midfielder Ji-Sung Park.

Park - a global phenomenon with a vast medal haul to his name - has penned a two year-deal at Loftus Road, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Manchester United for the midfielder's services.

The 31 year-old's arrival in W12 represents a significant transfer for QPR boss Mark Hughes, who expressed his delight at the signing, commenting: "This is a real coup for QPR.

"We are delighted Ji is going to join us because his record speaks for itself. He has been a big player for Manchester United and played a big part in their success in recent years.

"He is hugely respected there because of what he has achieved, his application to his work and the impact he has on games.

"He was always picked for the big matches because they could rely on him, and we are going to reap all those qualities.

"I think it is fair to say Ji has been attracted not by where QPR are, but where QPR are going. We were able to show him where we feel the Club is heading and he embraced it.

"He felt this was a good option for him and after giving seven great years to United he wanted a new challenge. He sees QPR as very much a Club on the up and wants to be part of something that is going to be very special.

"Ji gets what we are trying to do. He has been part of a well-oiled machine at United and now he wants to have an impact somewhere else.

"This is a huge signing for this Football Club."

Park - who during his time at United has won the FIFA Club World Cup, the Champions League, four Premier League titles and three League Cup winners' medals - said: "I am delighted to be here and be a QPR player.

"QPR is a Club with huge history and tradition, and a great ambition to achieve at the very highest level.

"Tony Fernandes and the Board are striving to accomplish big things at QPR and I wanted to be part of that.

"This project was simply too good to resist, and I am excited about getting started in pre-season and going on our tour to Asia in the coming days."

The midfielder - who has scored in the three consecutive World Cup Final tournaments - added: "I am joining a Club that is very much on an upwards curve - a Club that has a very bright future.

"The infrastructure is in place, with a new training ground and plans for a new stadium, for us to achieve in the short and long term.

"The Manager has a proven track record at Premier League level and I am looking forward to working with him and the rest of the squad to help take this Club to the next level."

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes hailed the arrival of the South Korean superstar, adding: "I'm overjoyed and can't wait to see him in a QPR shirt.

"I am the ultimate dreamer and myself and Mark have worked incredibly hard to make this happen. Ji has bought into the story and we couldn't be more delighted.

"What started as a little idea is now a reality and it shows that people are beginning to buy into our story.

"It shows out determination and our ambition to build this Club.

"Ji is a global star, with a Champions League winner's medal to his name, and he is as excited about this move as we all are."
    http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...835761,00.html

helo repped this.
  24. zdrav

zdrav Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Yeah, they're giving him the whole red carpet treatment. Might be what persuaded him to go there in the first place.

25. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic