PANAGIOTIS

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by reality7, Sep 29, 2012.

1. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we only have 50% of him.

reality7 repped this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure but I think it says: happy birthday my brother.

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where'd you pull that figure from lol. He was already worth about 6 cause genoa still has half his contract.

I think he is staying for a while!! I hope so

4. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Zaglebie Lubin is from Poland. ;)

5. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cool, couldn't be bothered checking last night. My bad.

6. reaper the Pure

Oct 12, 2004
    Apparently, this is another example of misinformation. Roma bought him outright.

“AS Roma announces that it has signed with Genoa an agreement for the outright purchase of the rights of player Panagiotis Tachtsidis, for a fee of €2.5m,” read a statement posted on Roma’s website.

http://www.football-italia.net/21327/roma-announce-tachtsidis-purchase

Pulled that figure not from 'whoscored' website, but from reality. He is your player 100% and what you paid for him was a bargain of the highest order. You have doubled your money in 12 months.

Taxi who so impressed Zdenek Zeman during last years Serie B campaign, that he specifically requested the young Greek player, telling Sabatini "buy this player and I'll turn him into a star."

7. reaper the Pure

Oct 12, 2004
    Exactly correct.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really? I can't believe he was 2.5

9. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a-tim/calcio-mercato/squadre/-/trasferimento/1718
    http://www.asroma.it/pdf/corporate/operazioni_di_mercato/19-7-2012_Panagiotis_Tachtsidis.pdf

Does this not mean its a co-ownership? I could be wrong, but I always remember it being a co-ownership.
    "contratto per l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo, con accordo di partecipazione"

10. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    partecipazione it's half

11. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    After searching for a while in the A.S Roma signings announcements I can confirm that Panagiotis Tachtsidis signed a five year contract with our club and was purchased from Genoa for the sum of 2.5 Mil. Which is an amazing price in my opinion for a player that showed a great deal on the field yesterday.

However I am still a De Rossi fan and I would have him on the center midfield role any day over Taxi. I know he is more defensive but he also tends to make great runs to the box from time to time and even though he hasn't been at the top of his game this season its just a matter of letting him be a regular starter again in order for him to regain his confidence.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma owns half of Tachtsidis, the press release linked by stugotz is clear.

13. PDeGennaro

PDeGennaro Member+

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  15. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    nice pass

reality7 and porreca repped this.
  16. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Zeman was quizzed about Tachtsidis, who was booed by the Roma fans at the Olimpico on Sunday even before he came on as a substitute for De Rossi. "Competition between him and Daniele for a starting place has emerged, and it’s only normal that there are more people who are rooting for his rival. He didn’t take kindly to the boos: he’s a very sensitive lad and his form is suffering because of that too. I speak to him often. Try to take his mind off it. But he also needs to react and show that he is a player worthy of pulling on a Roma shirt. I know he is – but he has to convince everyone else. He has to keep going forward and take the weight on his shoulders. But it isn’t right that the Roma fans boo a player who is wearing a Roma shirt even before he's walked onto the pitch. That’s completely absurd!”

17. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    After Roma's victory today.

Zemen " Tachtsidis was booed? As I've already said, they stem from a rivalry that I can't comprehend. The section that support De Rossi are against Panagiotis: in my mind they're both Roma players. I don't think Tachtsidis played badly: he was good in the first half, while he made a few mistakes after the break because there was no movement, so he couldn't pick out team-mates in space.

18. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Good article ^^

I dont get these romans. You had 1000000´s of Greeks settle in Rome over the millenia and become good law abiding Romans once they italianized their names and gave up their Greek heritage! Some very famous more recent ones too like BVLGARI.. who made you proud! Give the guy a break! Its not like he is a Turk or an Albanian. Greeks have a culture of wine, family, religion and trying to get laid just like Italians and we like our sport too! We are very close culturally, just go to southern Italy. Roma fans in the stadio olimpico - put pressure on Di Rossi to play well rather than attack poor old Panayoti when he does his job!

On a side note, I think Panayiotis seriously needs to concentrate even more. He needs to realise extremely fast, one mistake off his boot is as bad as 7 off Di Rossi`s. That is the way the world is and he needs to accept that fast.

Andreas and porreca repped this.
  19. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is completely fallacious information. The word "partecipazione" does not mean half, it means participation. This simply means that Genoa will benefit as Roma Benefits, i.e if we sell him they may get a portion of the fee, in other words they will participate in enjoying the gains. It could also, but less likely, mean that Genoa may participate in incentive bonuses i.e. appearances,CL, Goals etc. He is not a Genoa player at all, period.

The phrase from the official statement is ..."contratto per l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo" which means an outright acquisition. No mention of 50% whatsoever.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Believe me you don't need to tell me what "partecipazione" means. Tachtisidis is co-owned by Genoa. I am 99% certain of this. Go look at all the other players we sent out into co-ownership deals and you will find the same freaking wording. The Borini contract I linked proves it, when Roma enter a co-onwership deal with Parma for Borini it was worded just the same as Tachtisidis contract.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You guys took Sciacca over now can you clean it back up? :)

22. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    THE WORDING IS NOT THE SAME!!
    The Borini document you linked states this "contratto di acquisizione a titolo temporaneo dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore FABIO BORINI, con opzione per l’acquisizione a titolo definito, sottoscritto tra le parti in data 31 agosto 2011. Please see the red word following "contratto di acquisizione a titolo TEMPORANEO. The sentance than goes on to say that there is a condition to a aquire the entire player on 8/31/2011.

The Taxi document does not contain the word TEMPORANEO, it also does not mention anything about a %50 ownership anywhere unlike the Borini document.

Finally, i have no way to judge your Italian comprehension, but i was refering to Vulpinous when I defined the word "partecipazione"....just read the thread.

MORE EVIDENCE

1. http://data.7m.cn/transfer/2012-2013/en/34/174.shtml

2. Here is an article from Football Italia
    Roma have confirmed the outright purchase of Genoa midfielder Panagiotis Tachtsidis on a five year deal for a fee of €2.5m.
    The 21-year-old’s move was anticipated to be announced this evening in light of Andrea Bertolacci’s transfer in the opposite direction being finalised earlier today.
    However, where Bertolacci has moved to the Grifone on a co-ownership basis, the Giallorossi have announced that they have concluded a deal to take full ownership of promising Greek Tachtsidis.
    “AS Roma announces that it has signed with Genoa an agreement for the outright purchase of the rights of player[​IMG] Panagiotis Tachtsidis, for a fee of €2.5m,” read a statement posted on Roma’s website.
    “The player has signed a contract for five years, expiring on June 30, 2017.”
    Think you know your Italian football[​IMG]? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition £5,000 monthly.

3. http://www.soccernews.com/soccer-transfers/italian-serie-a-transfers/

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It seems you can't read Italian very well, so I will explain the contract. The Borini contract I linked is dated January 23rd 2012 states the following:

ACQUISIZIONE A TITOLO DEFINITIVO CON ACCORDO DI PARTECIPAZIONE DEI DIRITTI ALLE PRESTAZIONI SPORTIVE DEL CALCIATORE FABIO BORINI

Which means Roma has agreement to enter into a co-ownership agreement with Parma for Fabio Borini. A literal translation would be: Aquisition of the definitive title with agreement of participation of rights of the sporting prestations of the player Fabio Borini.

It does make mention of the word temporary but clearly you struggle to grasp what is written. Here is the first paragraph:

"L’A.S. Roma S.p.A. rende noto di aver definito con il FC PARMA S.P.A. l’accordo per la risoluzione consensuale anticipata del contratto di acquisizione a titolo temporaneo dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore FABIO BORINI, con opzione per l’acquisizione a titolo definito, sottoscritto tra le parti in data 31 agosto 2011."

This paragraph is all about terminating the previous agreement. Roma and Parma agree to terminate the original loan agreement, keep in mind this document was dated Jan 23rd 2012. So this paragraph sets up the nullification of the previous agreement. Note the Italian words for resolution, consensual, and anticipated. Note the Italian phrase "contratto di acquisizione a titolo temporaneo" which means contract, acquisition, temporary title. Note the phrase "con opzione per l’acquisizione a titolo definito" which means with option for acquisition at definitive title.

So right there we see that Roma had an agreement to loan Fabio Borini with an option to buy him, which terminated on January 23rd 2012 which this new contract came into effect.

That's the only reason you see "temporaneo" which seemed to have confused you so much. Moving on to the second paragraph:

"A seguito di tale risoluzione, è stato sottoscritto il contratto per l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo, con accordo di partecipazione, dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore, a fronte del riconoscimento in favore del FC PARMA S.P.A. di un corrispettivo pari a 4,6 milioni di euro, oltre IVA, da pagarsi in tre annualità, tramite la LNP Serie A, di cui 1,84 milioni di euro, oltre IVA, nella stagione sportiva 2011/2012, 0,92 milioni di euro, oltre IVA, nella stagione sportiva 2012/2013, e 1,84 milioni di euro, oltre IVA, nella stagione sportiva 2013/2014."

Now let's examine the second paragraph and see what the new agreement states. The very first meaning says that having resolved the previous agreement we now have a new agreement. It then goes on to state the agreement. It defines the agreement as:

"contratto per l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo, con accordo di partecipazione"

Contract for acquisition of definitive title, with agreement of participation

Now I can drag this on and continue to go through this sentence by sentence, but I'll ask you to recall what Roma did at the end of this season after signing this contract. They went an purchased the other half of Fabio Borini.

So this contract terminates the original loan with option to buy deal. It then introduces a new CO-OWNERSHIP deal (con accordo di partecipazione) for the player. Now let's look at the Tachtsidis document from AS Roma's website. First the title:

"PANAGIOTIS TACHTSIDIS
    Acquisizione a titolo definitivo, con accordo di partecipazione"

:eek: What do you know it's same wording as Fabio Borini's contract from January 23rd that turned his loan deal into a co-ownership.

Of course it doesn't. Borini's contract spend the first paragraph saying that original loan deal is terminated. Hence the mention of "temporaneo." Tachtisidis document is straight and to the point.

With all due respect but your Italian comprehension could use some work.

24. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @ DDR You forgot to address numbers 1-3, if you please.