PANAGIOTIS

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by reality7, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hahah yeah not slav, but European yes

2. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    OK, so after calming down and objectively re-watching the games I have to say Tachtsidis has been looking much better, I would still love for him to have some competition for the spot, but I'm beginning to think that Tachtsidids is not the problem...

It pains me to say this, as much as it hurts breaking up with a highschool love afair, but the problem is De Rossi...

...when Bradley plays instead of him we look so much better.

3. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Torosidis is an on going saga. Most teams in Europe were absolutely brain dead not to beg for him 3 years ago when he was red hot. One of the best rb's in Europe. Now he is less hot, lost motivation. If he leaves Oly, people will be sad but not heart-broken. I dont think he has signed the extension.

4. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Where in Europe?

5. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    My papou was from Leonidio in Arkadia.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Any chance of him starting against Ireland ?

8. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Its ok, if it is that personal to you where you from in Europe, its better you keep it secret. :)

9. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I would say about 50%.

Also Manolas is injured and did not make the trip.

10. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Played the full 90 against Ireland on his debut game. Looked immense and added huge authority to our game. Passed better than the ex pao human junk player Tziolis, tackled well and moved very well. Was involved in our goal too- he began the move passing forward. In reality he did enough tonight to prove to anyone with half a brain he should be our starting central mid for the next 10 years and katsouranis and Tziolis can retire now or SHOULD quit asap. greek goal:

Andreas and whill4 repped this.
  11. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'm proud of him. I hope he becomes an important player for Greece. It feels good to see a Greek playing again for Roma. The last one was Dellas.

reality7 repped this.
  12. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Remember a very very talented player who through his career away? Choutos? He was a Roma before Dellas, in their youth system.

13. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember his name in Roma squads in computer games but never actually seen him play for us.

reality7 repped this.
  14. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Truely gifted player, spoke fluent italian due to his youth at the roma acadamy. He could have been something extremely special but he had the mind of retard. Women, sex, fun none stop. When he would play, he would usually do very well as he was fast and a very clever striker who was a natural goal scorer. Two things destroyed him. 1 his knee injury, 2 his personality. If he was dropped, he would ask to leave whatever club he was in in retaliation. Also he punched coaches (could be wrong think he attacked hector cuper) and made absolutely tragic career choices due to his father/agent telling him what to do 24/7. Sad story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1:18 his goal against Manchester united years ago:

Andreas repped this.
  15. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I looked him up just there and read that he played in a front three at Olympiakos beside Giovanni and Zahovic. I remember those two very well, two also very talented and difficult characters. To this day Zahovic still has one of the purest left foot strikers of a ball I've seen in my lifetime. I don't know Choutos so well but if he is as good as you say he was at times, those three must've been electric to watch together.

16. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    They were indeed ^^ check the video above, also there are many vids of his goals at panionios. Zahovic was excellent, but a terrible personality as well and very disruptive, just like Xouto. I remember Xouto from his olympiakos days, in fact the man u goal is my first memory of him. It seems Fetfatzidis - who is 50 times the player Xoutos ever was, is fading in just the same way. Italians should raid Greece one last time and take the best footballers, they already took Kone, Tatchidis, Moras, Georgatos, Ninis, Dellas, Xoutos, Papastathopoulos, etc.. Now they need take the best young players still in Greece Giannotas, Fetfatzidis and Manolas.

Tatchidis gave an interview after the game tonight and basically said he has been looked after better in italy than he was in Greece and that is why players like kyriakos papadopoulos had to leave if they wanted a future. Basically he was describing Greece as a talent graveyard due to the politics of football there and he is 100% right.

whill4 repped this.
  17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why is it so bad

18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Is there a vid on youtube of this interview or somewhere else?

Fetfatzidis reminds me of Giovinco btw. He must leave Greece and Olympiakos as soon as possible or else he'll waste his talent.

19. reality7

reality7 Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Vulpinous

Take fetfatzidis, youtube him and look at his talent and what he has done.. He is a typical case. Comes out the acadamies on fire. Scoring, tricks, gets an immediate international call up, scores 2 goals in 2 international games. Scoring in the champion's league..in the greek league..he is only 20 at the time.. Then Olympiakos sign some mediocre foreign older player from say france to replace fetfat. fetfatzidis sits on the bench. The new player is given game after game after game - player does nothing, doesnt score or assist. Fetfatzidis sits on the bench,,. After a season, Fetfa has better goals to minute and assists to minute than the new player even though he has very starts and less minutes played!, but the coach persists with the older newer signing. Some fans get angry and sad and say only in Greece we destroy talent the italians and spanish would cherish, others say, 'just support the team, the coach is not wrong, fetfa must be lazy in training or taking drugs, that is why he is dropped, coaches dont make mistakes, bla bla bla..' Same story. Tatchidis was treated like SHIT in Greece and at AEK. So was Ninis at PAO. Absolute shit. Journalists, fans alike would say they are weak, too young to merit a starting spot etc etc.

Best example? A player called Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke. FANTASTIC player. Gifted, strong, read his wiki page on his story of how Espanyol offered him a senior contract after 2 days in their test squad as a 16 year old. Olympiakos buy him just so espanyol cant. They let him rot on the bench, at 17 when he comes on as a sub, he looks as good if not better than our then current CBs of Melberg and some other idiots. He is consigned to the bench. he complains. Fans call him a traitor, talent-less, dumb ''who does he think he is'' etc..media agrees. I, like a few others saw his ability was miles ahead. Schalke snatch him. Play him EVERY GAME. He plays CL as a DM or CB at 18, plays every game he is fit for. He is one of their most valuable players and he is still only 20. Real Madrid want him, he spends all day turning down contracts and committing his loyalty to Schalke. He is only 20, he is now worth £16 million and offers flood in all day from La Liga. Do the Olympiakos fans/ board/journalists regret the way he was abused and treated? Not a chance. They make up excuses so dumb you would think they are a bunch of retards climbing trees in a park, they lie, they cry....but they NEVER admit they destroy talent or it is their fault. When he was at Olympiakos he was not good enough to play 5 minutes in a cup game against a second division team. In Germany 6 months later he is starting in a champions' league semi final. That is why Tatchidis referenced Kyriakos papadopoulos in the interview after the game. He and Tatchidis survived and left and bash the greek system whenever they are interviewed. Fetfatzidis, in my mind, a sensationally good player who if he possessed a Brazilian/French/ Croatian/ Englishpassport would be worth easily £15 million (Olympiakos currently have put a release clause of €10 mil on him), is rotting on the olympiakos bench, like kyriakos papadopoulos did. Even if the team is 5-0 up, he will not get time as a sub and he is better than 99% of the players in Greece or even other more advanced footballing countries. Some Greek coaches like tsiolis who coaches asteras tripolis recently spoke out for fetfatzidis explaining he cant understand why olympiakos abuse him. Olympiakos in respoinse gave fetfatzidis a total of 86 minutes this season in a pathetic attempt to contradict tsiolis.

This is Greece and this is why Ninis, Tatchidis and Kyriakos all hate it and leave and encourage all Greek players to leave Greece if they can. Greeks love old shit players and so do the journalists. When a star is being destroyed, everyone just looks the other way and they feel uncomfortable, but like true cowards, they will never say anything.

Andreas

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ella...n_ellada_den_me_prosekse_kanenas.2010894.html

decola, whill4, Vulpinous and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Atopos

Atopos New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    reality7

I'm trying to figure out if you are really Olympiakos cause I'm surely convinced you're not Greek

"Take fetfatzidis, youtube him and look at his talent and what he has done.. He is a typical case. Comes out the acadamies on fire".

Which academies?

"Scoring, tricks, gets an immediate international call up, scores 2 goals in 2 international games. Scoring in the champion's league..in the greek league..he is only 20 at the time.."

As a part of which team? Surely not Olympiakos, which is a "graveyard for young talents".
    They couldn't have trusted a 20y old talent in ch.league.

"Then Olympiakos sign some mediocre foreign older player from say france to replace fetfat. fetfatzidis sits on the bench. The new player is given game after game after game - player does nothing, doesnt score or assist. Fetfatzidis sits on the bench."

Are you taling about Kevin Mirallas who just recently moved to Everton for 7,5M?
    Or should he play instead of Ariel ibagaza?

Best example? A player called Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke. FANTASTIC player. Gifted, strong, read his wiki page on his story of how Espanyol offered him a senior contract after 2 days in their test squad as a 16 year old. Olympiakos buy him just so espanyol cant.

Yeah cause Olympiakos only buys players so that Espanyol can't. We are old time rivals. What if we are 2.000km apart...

"They let him rot on the bench, at 17"

This one, I better leave it unmentioned.

"when he comes on as a sub, he looks as good if not better than our then current CBs of Melberg and some other idiots."

Olof Mellberg, who came to Olympiakos from Juventus, and Avraam Papadopoylos are those idiots? Please spend otherwise your 15 minutes you spend each year to watch football.

"He is consigned to the bench. he complains. Fans call him a traitor, talent-less, dumb ''who does he think he is'' etc..media agrees."

When did that happen? Are you sure you were awake when you heared those voices?

"I, like a few others saw his ability was miles ahead."

As for that, I'm now sure. Like you did when you saw Messi at the nursery.

"Do the Olympiakos fans/ board/journalists regret the way he was abused and treated? Not a chance. They make up excuses so dumb you would think they are a bunch of retards climbing trees in a park, they lie, they cry"

You really love Olympiakos, don't you?

"When he was at Olympiakos he was not good enough to play 5 minutes in a cup game against a second division team."

Then where did you "notice" his talent?

"That is why Tatchidis referenced Kyriakos papadopoulos in the interview after the game. He and Tatchidis survived and left and bash the greek system whenever they are interviewed."

Tachhidis survived from Sasa Basta and all the other starlettes he was dating at the bouzoukia, the night before his games.

"Fetfatzidis, in my mind, a sensationally good player who if he possessed a Brazilian/French/ Croatian/ Englishpassport would be worth easily £15 million"

Since you're not paying any taxes, why not make it 30 m?

I don't wanna go on, since this is a Roma page, which is a team I trully respect,and guys over here don't care about someone's inferiority complex.

Kala myala aderfe.

P.S Please take "7" off your name. It's a blasphemy

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tach had awesome passes in the 2nd half v Lazio.

I can't believe it but I saw it with my own eyes

reality7 and Andreas repped this.
  22. Atopos

Atopos New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    First of all, I'd like to thank you for pointing out that I'm disgustingly stupid, a random idiot full of crap and my other is a gypsy.

I was trying so hard to hide it but your intellectual ability simply made it impossible to hide.

At least my mother can now feel relieved that she should not hide her origins any more.

Also, you made it clear you have no inferiority complex.

Nevertheless, I could not help but notice you have become so fluent in Greek, especially in those original words you use like "malakas". It is always good to know that your parents' money spent in your trip to Greece, were well spent.

But still I'm confused with one thing. Where does all this fury origin from? Did you, by any chance, bring your girlfirend along on your last trip to Greece? That would explain a lot.

P.S. Your last reply, which btw put me in my place, made a few tears drop from my cheek. But, I'll just let time heal my wounds and pray to God to give me a tiny part of your wisdom, wittiness and eloquence.

23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. reaper the Pure

Oct 12, 2004
    Example of what good coaching can do to natural talent. Zeman's child. This player will be worth a lot of money one day. I recon if he continues as he is going this season he will be worth €6,000,000 by the summer. Seeing as you paid €2.5 million, you should give a cut to Zeman seeing as it was his baby. ;)

25. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've liked him since he chipped the goalkeeper in pre-season against that un-pronounceable Romanian side.

Tacht has these moments of unadulterated genius. A moment that sticks out tonight was one cross, he whipped it around the defender from the left hand edge of the box into the oncoming run of Destro. Destro hesitated for a second and as a result didn't reach it but what a pass.