Pablo Mastroeni

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Adidas4Life, Oct 10, 2012.

1. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want to add that ive only been told this by someone close to the team.. maybe its bs maybe its not

2. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hence my "If this is the case..." I don't doubt that someone close to the team told you this, but it would be nice to have someone else confirm before we take it as what really happened. Or if he comes back and has no problems at all next season, then it will be further evidence it is the truth, but I don't want to wait that long.

3. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the big announcement thread
    This only becomes an issue if Pablo is playing better than others. I think at this point he understands his role in the team. If he has signed for a low number then I am completely fine with this. He will be great for mentoring O'Neill. He will be pushing Thomas and Larentowicz to make sure they play their best.

I do think this makes Larentowicz more tradeable, but I only do it if I can get a true and proven box-to-box midfielder in return.
    I wonder if against a team like San Jose we will see a Christmas tree like this
    ST​
    LAM---RAM​
    Ginja---Pablo---Thomas​
    LB---CB---CB---RB​

4. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    If this is true, I need to get in contact with the therapist, receive treatment, sleep, and wake up no longer an illogically diehard Rapids fan.

Maybe Omar can think his ankle is fixed! Rivero can put every shot on frame! Put this Rasputin on the payroll!

22SteveD and Jasonma repped this.
  5. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    For a cheesy “big announcement” this one is pretty good IMO. Frankly, I’m getting pretty sick of the posters on here that are super eager to push Pablo out the door. If he is set to come off the bench for Jeff or Thomas there will be plenty of opportunity in the long season. If it’s true that he has signed for less and is actively embracing this role than I say this is a great “problem” for the team to have. I think of this as having a savvy, much improved Wells Thompson. Only I wouldn’t really worry too much if Pablo got the start due to injury, rest or yellow card accumulation. Because he’s Pablo.

6. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im for pushing him out the door... however if hes coming back at a severely reduced rate as well as committed to being a bench player and a mentor then im for it... otherwise this was a mistake

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Anyone who really thinks that the best player in team history coming back on a new (and as such, almost certainly much lowered) contract needs to reexamine what Pablo can do for this team. This is great news.

jayd8888 repped this.
  8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Let’s look at 2012. With him we are a hovering around .500 team, this with a new coach and system. Without him we are the most wretched collection of people wearing the same colored shirts, not even worthy of being called a team, getting beat by the likes of TFC and Chivas. I know people get old and their productions shrink over time but since Pablo’s game has never been based on speed (or other youngster traits) I feel safe in my holding on for another season. At least in the rumored roles, with the rumored cap hit.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that rumor that Pablo was fine but he wasn't playing because he didn't like Pareja was about as solid as I thought, which is to say complete BS.

BYLRPhil, Jimmydinho and jayd8888 repped this.
  10. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 minute interview with Pablo.

Edit: Props to the Rapids for posting the full interview with no editing. Really enjoyed getting to hear this. I wish they would do more interviews like this with other players. Just a nice simple conversation without big production. It is refreshing.

jayd8888, Cos_Mos, Jasonma and 1 other person repped this.
  11. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fellow STHs help me here... apparently Pablo and Smith have been calling STH today... Are people still getting calls? I upgraded to a full season ticket package after the end of the season, and I haven't received a call yet. I swear, if I don't get a call today, Hinchey is going to get a much ruder email than the rather polite one I initially sent him.

12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a pre-recorded phone call from Pablo around 11:30, but it specifically thanked me for renewing my season tickets not buying new ones.

Is Smith announcing a new contract too?

13. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well a recorded msg called me from Pablo...

14. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, well, that could make sense... ALTHOUGH, I am technically "renewing" as I had a half-season package last year. I renewed AND upgraded. If anyone deserves a call, its me :)

I dunno about Smith, I just saw that he was making calls on Twitter (I think it was Bianchi).

15. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like what Pablo is saying in the video; if he didn't believe they could win, he wouldn't have come back. I like that, I don't think Pablo is the kind of guy to BS about that sorta thing.

Jasonma and tonhtubra repped this.
  16. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You referring to #Winning?

Right now I see Portland doing a bunch to improve their team. Can't say the same for Rapids, right now I see a team doomed to another year like 2012 with mis-match of players compared to style we try to play.

17. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The offseason's not done yet...

18. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that too. I sent a message back to Bianchi asking him where he heard that from. I know I saw someone joke about what a phone call from Smith would sound like and I worry he misread it and thought someone had actually gotten a message from Smith. He hasn't sent anything back.

19. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way too early to make a judgement like that.

Soaker888 repped this.
  20. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May want to double check to make sure your phone number is correct?

21. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is, I've gotten calls from Ticket Reps before.

And on a side note, FCD people are STILL calling me even though we only had the 5 game plan... 4 years ago.

22. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now... Does it mean something different to everyone else?

23. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope just means that right now you are jumping the gun. :D

jayd8888 and BYLRPhil repped this.
  24. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I agree. If we see more signings like Atiba and not a lot else, I'll be inclined to agree that we are bound to repeat our 2012 season. Otherwise, too early to say.