P/P/P: EASTERN FINAL: Houston Dynamo @ DC United, Sunday, Nov. 18

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Result?

1. Dynamo advance

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Use your Noodle! Bobby Boswell did.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moffat looks like he's enjoying the scottish summer weather.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone notice how Rico was moving around? I would think he may not be fit for a full 90. Moffat I would expect to start if cleared.

The problem with starting guys with muscle injuries - like DC did last week - is that you run a higher risk of reinjury than with a guy who is just hobbled by a knock. You don't want to burn early subs in a game that might go 120.

On the other hand, if you sub them in late and they have to come off, you may be down a man.

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double post for some reason. Sorry.

5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what you will about Twellman, but he has lead a crusade in MLS about concussions and I'm glad everyone is on board with this. As much as I want to win, I hope Moffat takes it easy and worries about getting to 100%, not just good enough to play.

Is it Sunday yet?

6. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is Sunday somewhere now isn't it?

So MLS has adopted pretty strict concussion protocols. My impression is that Moffat did not decide to come out last week, and neither did Dom. It was the trainer's decision based on the protocol.

If he is cleared to play by the protocol then I thrust he is good to go.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I generally like Twellman as an analyst and he makes good observations, although he might want to advise players not to run 120 yards to celebrate with supporters after scoring big goals

8. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo fans everywhere are already buying plane tickets to the final in Los Angeles. While I'm almost sure that LA will make it to the final, I'm not so sure that Dynamo are already in. We have a horrible road form, played like crap in KC, and find ourselves in that same situation. We may have a 2 goal lead, but the fact that DC can actually finish really makes me feel uneasy about this game. For those of you that celebrated the fact that Hamid is out, Willis proved himself to be an adequate replacement. However, he doesn't get frustrated and pulls a Rafa like Hamid does. The way DC played us at home would be sufficient enough to beat and eliminate us. The only reason why we didn't lose at home was because BB.com pulled a miracle, and the ref didn't caution Andre, which would've caused him to play cautiously for the rest of the game. Not to mention the Dynamo have lost by 2 or more on the road this season multiple times, and DC has won by 2 or more multiple times this season at home. I don't like our chances. We've gotten lucky. Don't let some luck make you think we're actually better. At least we got this far, right?!

#DepressingPoncePost

MLSNHTOWN, DNez2001, JC507 and 2 others repped this.
  9. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always thought we need to do a "bubble-head day" for Carr, where all the rest of the team wears a bubble-head during a game. Perhaps a pre-season match. Would be spectacular publicity for the cause

JC507, Heft and redinthemorning repped this.
  10. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Gods will smite them with an LA meltdown. Dynamo advance, but are forced to play Seattle. Sounders will thrash the Orange in front of 60,000 rabid fans with short memories and an understanding of color that would make Monet weep.

#SnarkybutStillDepressingRedInTheMorningPost

Heft and The_Ponce repped this.
  11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Does anybody know if Greek Tony's in The Woodlands will show the Dynamo game? It's hard to find a place in North Houston that will put on the Dynamo while the Texans are playing.

12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    After what I read, I think Adam chose to come out. He said something about going down the second time and was like I don't remember what I have been doing for the last ten minutes. My impression was that he knew he had to come out.

13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    OMG-I haven't been to that place in years. That place had the best pizza.

14. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I think we will go through but you are right, buying tix for LA is dicey.
    Read that Anderson post article. DC is not worried. They plan to possess the ball and be deliberate and not to rush it. They just want to be within in a goal at the end and "throw the kitchen (no pun intended) sink at them"
    Ponce brings up some very very good points. If BB doesn't make that save, and they had Hamid, it might be a different match today, regardless, strap on your Calen helmets, it's going to be a wild ride this afternoon.
    Dale Dynamo

15. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping for a good game. I'm hoping for an early goal to put a dagger in DC's heart. No red cards please.

16. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that this could be a wild ride. But I the Dynamo just might be able to nick the first goal. That would be huge -- as would nicking a goal after DCU gets one.

I also think that with a week's rest the Dynamo can keep DCU out better than they did at SKC, possess better, and be more dangerous overall. But it is all potential. They team will need to energized and ready to play and on top of their game. If they are playing poorly like at SKC and they give up a goal they will find DCU poised and capable of exploiting them.

So, I understand Calen Carr did not make the trip. Looks like Mac Kandji to start. I assume Moffat is starting. The question is Rico, with Barnes or Camargo if Rico can't start. I'm guessing Dom starts Camargo in that situation because Camargo will actually tackle the ball and in the end we have something to defend. Barnes could always come on in the 2d half if we need a goal.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If Houston can hit those combination passing routes on top of the DC 18 yard box, the Dynamo attack will easily overpower DCU's shaky defense. The Dynamo are very capable of the short passing game. LAG just killed SSFC last week with their combinations. I'm hoping to see Davis, Boniek, and Barnes short passing up top, and good through balls from the full backs on the wings. Sarkodie and Ashe have been essential during the playoffs.

18. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn, that's rough. He should be there to celebrate with his team in the event that the dynamo win

19. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your missing a whole nother thread. There is nothing to celebrate if we win today. The only celebration is winning the MLS CUP.

I don't mean this as harsh or chiding as it sounds. I do think Dom and team vets believe this ....

The_Ponce and redinthemorning repped this.
  20. tigerheadsaints

Sep 1, 2010
    League City, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe celebrate is too strong a word. My point is this isn't just another MLS game. This is a very important game, and would be a TEAM accomplishment. As a big part of the team I believe he should be there

21. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    just going to start drinking now.

22. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the DC crowd really that good where it will matter? Cuz that's all I hear.

Is it better than SKC's crowd or our (playoff) crowd? I know they haven't had a playoff game in a while so there's no bit sample but what ya think. Will the crowd really effect out players?

Effect/affect. Whatever the spelling is n

23. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Sucks Calen is still out. Any word on D.C.'s injuries?

24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Blah, game is played on the field. If anyone in orange is going to be intimidated by opposing fans then he shouldn't be in orange.

It's not like we're going into Richie Saprissa stadium circa early 2000s.

cougarclaws and Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    From Houston Dynamo Facebook.

[​IMG]

*rey* repped this.