P/P/P: EASTERN FINAL: Houston Dynamo @ DC United, Sunday, Nov. 18

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Result?

1. Dynamo advance

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Use your Noodle! Bobby Boswell did.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

it means that he wiped away the white mark that the Referee had sprayed on the ground to mark the spot and tried to re-position the ball somewhere else.

2. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    It's funny because everyone does this. You see it all the time. This is the first time I've seen someone get busted for it.

3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    this was my point-and now people are getting fined for this.

My biggest problem with the reffing in MLS (and how the league FO handles discipline) is control. Very few refs control the match. The refs and league are loosey goosey and then they crack down at some point which leads to frustration on the players' part because both teams are like "well you let that go earlier"

It's kind of like a substitute teacher coming in like your pal and then tries to assert control after lunch when all morning the whole class has been acting like ass clowns.

Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of refs that do a pretty good job (and I think Salazar is one of them) but they are few and far between.

As for the no call on Saturday-as Rey said, it's a missed call, DC got screwed, let's move on. It happens when you have a person reffing the match. As for it being a red card, you almost never see the red because he's the last guy back thing. I have counted three times this year this argument could have been used for us, but no one calls it. It's kind of like pre-original lock out NHL hockey and penalty shots. I could never quite get the actual in practice definition of one (I know what the rule book says). Half the time you get dragged down on a breakaway back then and it was considered a great defensive play.

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? "Football lines and stuff" on the field? That was the KC game. The field wasn't great for DC, but there were no lines or "stuff" on it. At least it's not in danger of being condemned, and doesn't have a dumb looking Tough Shed storage shed behind the goal.

DNez2001 repped this.
  5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    actually I think you could still see some "playoff lines" on Sunday on out field. Hey, if they want to be distracted by the pitch and think that was the problem then let them think that.

6. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea you could see the playoff lines. I remember becuase it makes it real easy to tell when the ref is forcing the wall to line up 12-14yds from the ball instead of 10. The ref didn't seem to catch on to that simple fact during the game.

7. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I always mark the halfway point and my 45˚s.

Still if a player is deliberately scuffing up the spot after a call like a baseball player/manager having a temper tantrum and burying home plate, its something I'd rather not see in soccer.

8. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't the one taking the PK though. Cooper was trying to put the ball down to take the pk and Pajoy was kicking at the spot intentionally trying to fvck up the spot. This was right after the Hammid ejection and he was obviously pissed. And it was right in front of the ref who was trying to get him to leave the box to allow the PK to take place.

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    oh-I though he had a PK I missed. This makes a lot more sense now. Thank God because it was really starting to get goofy around the league.

JC507 repped this.
  10. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the DC version

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember when Tyrone Marshall, playing for Seattle, dug up the penalty spot in Columbus after the Crew were awarded a penalty late in the game that would have equalized? He left a crater where the white mark had been. Schelloto missed the penalty and while he accepted blame for missing, he remarked that "they broke the floor."

12. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
    The above is what everyone should be talking about.

13. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I don't remember this, but that is pretty ********ed up.

14. dynamotouchline

Apr 15, 2006
    If DC wants to see us on a wider field, I suggest they review the Houston/Chicago play in game.

15. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    im not sure who will and wont be available for Dom sunday but i sure want to see Giles Barnes out there......If Rico cant go and Moffat cant go,( i think moffat has beenruled out) then we have to come up with a formation and a starting 11......here is my opinion

a 4-4-2 with emphasis on defending and countering i would have Carr and Bruin up top
    Davis Barnes Clark Boniek
    Ashe Taylor Boz and Kofi and Tally

what you guys think?

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  17. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like last year..... MLS' attention is on LA/Seattle. What? There's another playoff game too? I posted the same thing last year, but on Kick Off, the league's website's morning roundup of stories from the day before, there were 13 stories featuring LA or Seattle and just 4 about the Dynamo and DC. Just like last year, we slip into the finals unannounced and unexpected. :) NOBODYLIKESUSANDWEDONTCARE

Levy2k6 and JC507 repped this.
  18. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    you see, no complaining from Moffat about it being a clear red with malicious intent on Russell's part. no mass hysteria from Dynamos fans about thuggery or getting the league office involved. just pick yourself up and keep playing football.

brahmafutbol, Heft, Levy2k6 and 6 others repped this.
  19. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Goff, Brandon McDonald and Marcelo Saragosa are back training. Pontius isn't doing so yet. DeRo seems on track to make the game-day roster.

I'd be surprised if DeRo doesn't play. He won't be game-fit, but all he needs is an opportunity.

Fortunately, Nick DeLeon is on the latest MLS ExtraTime podcast. So, the ExtraTime podcast curse now shifts to DCU. :D

The_Ponce and JC507 repped this.
  20. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd go 4-4-2 with:
    Weaver Bruin
    Davis Barnes Boniek Carr
    Ashe Taylor Boz and Kofi and Tally

I'd play Weaver because of his ability to hold the ball up and take some pressure off the D. Boniek's work rate is tops notch and I'd actually ask him to play D Mid, since Barnes tends to be a liability on D. I just don't trust Clark to be C Mid in this important game.

21. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps I'm wrong but I think Dom trusts Clark to be what he has alwas been, one of the best C Mids in MLS.

22. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According the the Houston Dynamo Game Log, he hasn't played since Sept 6th and before that he was subbed on for 9min on July 3rd. I'm not sure that screams confidence.

*** I'm an idiot was thinking Colin Clark, Not Rico Clark ***

23. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Confusing between Colin and Ricardo. No wonder.

JC507 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  24. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh! Yea I'll take Rico any day! LOL oops.....

JC507 repped this.
  25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's Noodle Time - photo taken this morning during full practice:

[​IMG]

El Naranja, JC507, *rey* and 1 other person repped this.