P/P/P: EASTERN FINAL: Houston Dynamo @ DC United, Sunday, Nov. 18

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Result?

1. Dynamo advance

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Use your Noodle! Bobby Boswell did.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    wait, you can decipher Hainault's "intent" by viewing that video?

*sne<bullsht>ezes*

....and that's why i go on and on about modern football, the perils of using technology to so-call improve the game, blah, blah.

let the refs do their job and let good and bad calls stand.

BCLK, ForeverOrange91 and Caddman repped this.
  2. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please...Like 1) your breath didn't catch waiting for a whistle and a card, 2) you didn't sigh in relief afterwards AND 3) if he HADN'T initiated contact and brought the player down, and Augusto had scored, you wouldn't have been griping about Hainault letting him through. Let's be realistic here.

Liam O'Malley repped this.
  3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    1. no, 2. no, & 3. no. i don't view football in those terms like you do above.

at first viewing, i thought foul, yellow card, and free kick for DCU. still think that after multiple viewings.

but in no way am i able to determine a player's intent by viewing a video. ridiculous statement. there are very few instances were intent is so egregious that you can smell it through the video.

4. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll pardon me if I remain skeptical, I trust.

5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    no, i'll think you as a rude guest to our boards since you seem to be implying that i'm liar while never knowing my theory of football.

up to about 3 days ago i had a grand respect for everything DC United related: the club, the players that excelled there, the SGs, the history, the fans. lately 3 or 4 of their posters have been staining that rep.

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that the day has not dawned where irate supporters or coaches can make enough noise to cause this league to issue discipline following the final whistle. A referee's call or non call should be final, not subject to review - otherwise lets have instant replays and reviews, challenges to calls during the game etc etc etc.

I'll start by demanding that a sanction be issued for this modified chokehold:

[​IMG]

BCLK and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff just tweeted:

*rey* repped this.
  8. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Ya don't say :rolleyes:

I would have been outraged at a suspension, anyway let's git itttt

9. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was obviously a clear attempt at a headbutt, Davis just happened to go up between Saragosa's arms which were already outstretched before he got there.

Obviously.

10. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we were to keep this up, we wouldn't have any games to watch.

11. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAMFO! then what was the point of press release!?!?
    I agree with the call.....no wait after I reviewed the video evidence, I disagree. The player could now be suspended. Nevermind it doesn't meet the conditions for further action.
    M-I-C, K-E-Y....M-O-U-S-E!

BCLK, DNez2001, ForeverOrange91 and 2 others repped this.
  12. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I want Ben Olsen suspended for the next game for what he was thinking when Pat Onstad got ejected

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Search for my mock disciplinary committee formation from a couple of years ago. Bugs, Daffy, Goofy, SpongeBob.

My concern going into this weekend is that all of the whining and moaning from DC about everything the last two weeks will somehow work towards Gelmut Toledo handing out an "even it up" weak red to Houston on Sunday.

This Hainault thing has reached farcical level. Its Wednesday and we are still talking about a double-foul no-call that would not even be remembered except for being a playoff game and DC whining.

Where was all of this when Terry Vaughn whistled a phantom foul in the 2009 West final?

DNez2001, DonJuego, JC507 and 1 other person repped this.
  14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first comment I heard about the foul from the league, when they interviewed the guy during the half, I thought wow I've never heard referees discuss a foul before. Then after the game Salazar explained his decision. Then discussed it again. Then the ref's official discusses it again and again.

I kept thinking, where were all these discussions in other controversial plays the Dynamo have been involved in? Has anyone ever explained what the call was that took the Dynamo goal away in the Dynamo/Galaxy playoff game 2 years ago? That would have been interesting. Think of the many other times we've wondered "what the H were they thinking? and never heard from a referee. This is crazy.

El Naranja, txsn, DNez2001 and 4 others repped this.
  15. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's 2012. The world is going to end before we get to X-mas. This madness is starting to make sense

Heft repped this.
  16. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Keep in mind, Goff is about as pro-DC as Glenn Davis is pro-Dynamo. I don't say that with negativity. It just stands to reason that he would jump at a tidbit of news that could have a profound effect on the team he's covering and then he retracted it as the story developed.

17. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i try to put myself in the position of the offended party and be honest about it. if we would have lost in DC under exact same conditions i would have been very very upset....but then in a few moments i would realize,like we all must realize,that sports are not perfect,refs,players,coaches fans none of us. And i would have gotten back to rooting for my team..........nothing DC fans say will change the result. Soccer is not a game that has timeout to review every movement during the run of play.The ref missed the take down.the no call cost dc united,,,,,,,no doubt,,,,,,,,,,now accept it and come out fighting on sunday and try to make up the goal difference.............there is nothing else to do but that...........

crying about it every day will change nothing.

comeonyoudynamo3cupsforyou!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCUSA repped this.
  18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/11/14/mls-disciplinary-committee-fines-dcs-hamid-pajoy

I wonder what's coming next.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a debateable no-call at the end of the first half, not a controversial PK given in stoppage time of a tie game. They were up 1-0 at the time!!! Need to move on.

20. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it Sunday yet.

redinthemorning repped this.
  21. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Seriously! I have a really busy work week, and I really can't concentrate! Let's just hope the lights stay on at RFK!

22. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't completely understand the conspiracy theories. I figure that if the illuminati or freemasons wanted to eliminate DC they would have done so in New York. I didn't think Garber was cutting off the lights in LA in 2009 either. Oh yea, that Hainault guy was involved in another controversial call then as well. Except that one went against him. He's a very controversial guy. He's like the Howard Stern of MLS.

Through my orange tinted glasses I thought Augusto initiated contact.

And retroactive cards suck.

23. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Welp, Boniek just got subbed in :(

I hate this.

JC507 repped this.
  24. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    what the hell is marring the penalty mark? Did he piss on it or something. Hell if you start fining guys from rubbing the spot off, what's next?

If this was the case in lacrosse, me and Cougarclaws would have been screwed, since (I am not sure about CC) I always kicked in marks on the crease for my positioning.

I feel like MLS is going bizarro again in the past week and it's only going to get weirder.

DNez2001 and Heft repped this.
  25. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been an odd playoffs thus far.

Walton, IMO, should have either stayed quiet during the game or stayed firm with what he said during the game when the question was posed to him again. For me, the only time that replay is useful in hindsight is for things that the refs completely missed. Remember that Ihemelu elbow against Colin Clark this year? If everyone missed that during the game, I wouldn't mind someone getting retroactively suspended for an act like that. But for something that the ref had a chance to see and determine what call he wanted to make? No, not in favor of going back to review stuff like that. Then again, I'm not a big fan of replay in general...

Hoping for a drama-free second leg where the focus is more on the play and less on the officiating.