P/P/P: EASTERN FINAL: Houston Dynamo @ DC United, Sunday, Nov. 18

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Result?

1. Dynamo advance

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Use your Noodle! Bobby Boswell did.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    To be clear-he was not eating that, I was eating, he was sitting and waiting at the gate with me. As for most health food conscious, I'd go with Brad Davis but I am pretty sure that DeRo doesn't eat Moon pies after practice.

2. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said De Ro, not Wade "I run marathons" Barett.
    De Ro knows munchies grub at the Bell.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NCAA soccer has no one show up at half of the games up north. We can have this discussion in the offseason. Reality is that other than football, no other outdoor sport is going to draw well after about mid-October up north.

DC-RBNY last weeks should end the Fall-Winter fantasy that many cling to. Not happening in US

4. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know whether he was full of it, but Brad Davis doesn't even drink alcohol during the season. Brian Ching, however, has nothing against getting drunk while the season is rolling. :D

La Diva and Levy2k6 repped this.
  5. NicaMexicano

NicaMexicano Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Houston
    So, is there a legitimate argument that the playoff structure is meant to give the higher positioned team a home field advantage withe he 2nd leg game, but has in fact given the Dynamo the advantage of building a strong cushion in their fortress, negating the higher seed advantage, as we don't even need to win to move on?

Just goes to show that you can't manipulate fate!

I do believe, however, in home field advantage for the one off cup finals, although proven futile for the play-in game.

Let's go Dynamo!

6. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I don't really think it's the weather I think it's the lack of tradition. (for lack of a better word) Having grown up in Philadelphia and experienced standing outside in wet, and below freezing temperatures to watch Eagles games, I believe people would attend outdoor sports despite the weather if there was a culture of support. Green Bay is a perfect example. Those loons are out there with no shirts when it's minus 20!

People attend winter matches everywhere else in the world because that's when the season runs and there is a culture and tradition and they prepare for the weather. We just don't have that. And, especially for soccer, we're not going to get it because we now have nearly 20 years of MLS as a "summer" game. The league and its fanbase are growing and from a business standpoint, even aside from weather, it would be a bad business decision to switch seasons.

7. stangspritzring

stangspritzring Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    NorMD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes...Yes I would. Certainly before going to one in Houston after June. :D

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  8. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Oh behave! Our big stadium is air-conditioned and enclosed :)

9. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like toe see watson get some time. With all the tired legs and it would be nice to see some fresh legs especially from a guy that covers so much ground.
    DeRo scares me as a sub.

metroag repped this.
  10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Too be fair it's the Chiefs who wants to see the Chiefs...

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ....as does 99% of our fanbase. no wonder he's a folk hero around these here parts.

btw, these past 4 playoff games i've been rooting internally for Ching to come in and score one. i hope the big guy can get one in DC to grow his legend.

ps - 3 things you need to know about metroag: #1 he's a cool cat #2 he loves lacrosse and #3 all his great stories involve food.

12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    dude, you summed up my life in 1 ps;)

DeRo also scares me as sub. I am very weary of DeLeon getting an early goal and then DeRo coming in to make a mad last minute rush. That could be bad. Don't forget that RFK is one of the scenes of a backline disaster earlier in the year. All it takes is one miscommunication. The more I think about it this 2 goal aggregate lead is dangerous.

If we do win the whole thing-expect Ching to ride off into the sunset.

The_Ponce repped this.
  13. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me first say I think Houston's got a pretty great team and there are those amongst us in the DCU camp who...

a) never discounted you at any point or thought either one team was "far better" and had the series in the bag.
    b) don't think there's an MLS conspiracy going on (though that doesn't change the fact we've had a lot of sh-t to deal with in this off-season).

I'm honestly just thrilled to be going to RFK again this late in the year after our 4 year playoff hiatus. But I also think the return leg is shaping up to be crazy town given the injuries and suspensions we have. Both teams will be struggling without a doubt.

But then there's this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2012/11/13/de-rosario-likely-to-play-sunday/, so we'll see how that goes.

Win or lose, RFK will be insanity if/when he steps on the pitch on Sunday.

BCLK, El Naranja, el nordissimo and 6 others repped this.
  14. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I love DeRo and I'm glad he's recovering. But if that sumbitch scores three goals and beats us by himself, I'm going to call for a Texas invasion of Canada after we secede from the United States!!

JC507 repped this.
  15. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    that's what worries me-the insanity could cause problems with out backline hearing each other, regardless if they actually create scoring chances.

Going into the playoffs I really thought KC was the team to beat regardless of conference. I really didn't trust SJ. I thought DC could be dangerous but was missing a couple pieces this year from really making a dent. DeRo being one of the pieces. I think Hamid with one more year under his belt will be better.
    In the MLS playoffs you need a lights out keeper. Right now Tally is holding his own, but we haven't asked him to take over a match yet. So we'll see. Looking at the East-NY didn't have a keeper. Chicago has a young one, that is still prone to mistakes. Same with DC. I really though the Dane was on another level coming down the stretch. Too bad his team couldn't score goals.
    Of course DC is still alive and can still advance so we'll see.

16. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Am I the only one who is upset that Honduras called Boniek up for a meaningless friendly tomorrow?

17. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    What!?

18. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club or country? Dynamo's Garcia juggles Honduras call

19. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS article I read quoted Boniek as saying Sunday's game was his priority, that he had talked to the Honduras coach and he did not think he would be used against Peru. Cold comfort if he winds up playing.

20. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The friendly is against Peru. Not Brasil.
    Normally I'm country over club always. Not this time.
    Klinnsy let Dempsey sit this Russia friendly out due to club welfare. They should act accordingly for Boni versus Peru.

21. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Well if they sit him on the bench I guess it's no big deal--he doesn't even have to travel. But I'm very uneasy about this.

The_Ponce, DonJuego and JC507 repped this.
  22. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If something happens to Boni, I'm blaming everyone of you ********ers that already saw us in the final and winning the Cup. Y'all jinxed us! Have my depressing posts not taught y'all anything?!

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  23. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your so right Ponce. The Dynamo are a long way from the final. Long way.

DCU scores just one goal and all of a sudden we are fighting for our lives.

Remember 2007 against FCD? They were 2 up with 45' to play and lost. It can happen to the Dynamo easily. DCU is a good team that believes in each other and are playing hard. DeRo steps on the pitch and the whole stadium will be going nuts.

Nothing won yet. 1/2 to play.

ImaPuppy and JC507 repped this.
  24. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Settle down. I'm not talking about the final. I'm talking about his fitness and rest for the game this Sunday.

25. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boniek's game is in his home stadium. It's more of a call over than a call up. It would have been an insult if he weren't invited. I doubt he'll play. Seattle also has a player in the game.