P/I/P SKC @ Revs, 4/26

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Apr 23, 2014.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKC comes to town riding a 5 game unbeaten streak and at 3-1-2 overall. Since losing at Seattle 1-0, they've played four of their next five at home. They won at Colorado in their only other road game.

They have given up 2 goals in their last four games, with 3 shutouts, including a 4-0 thrashing of moribund Montreal. They have a 9-4 goal differential this year, and last year's MLS Cup Champs lead the East.

The 2-3-2 Revs are playing only their third home game of the season, and have a two game unbeaten streak going. Revs are 1-0-1 at home this season and have a 5-9 overall goal differential.

Game is on CSNNE live Saturday night, and as of now, temps are set to have a high of 61, low of 41, with a 30% chance of rain.

RevsLiverpool and revolution1776 repped this.
  2. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we even tie this game we will be very lucky. The Rev's inherent inadequacies will be exposed and laid out on the table. Let's face it... we are a middling team. No longer the cellar dweller, but not elite for sure. As much as it pains me to say it, because I loath Vermes, K.C. is in the elite class.

3. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given how effective he was against these guys last season, hopefully we finally see Imbongo instead of Bunbury. It will be interesting to watch if Heaps really does adapt the lineup to the competition, or plays Bunbury up top hoping for a lucky bounce, own goal, PK, or a bad mistake at the back by them.

4. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing Heaps plays Bunbury in the hopes that he has something to prove against his old club.

5. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 SamSam, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Looks like JoGo and Rowe won't be playing http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...unlikely-return-new-england-revolution-lineup

The game they played at Gillete had the following Line-ups:
    Reis
    Farrell-AJ-JoGo-Barnes
    Dorman
    Agudelo-Nguyen-Rowe-Fagundez
    Imbongo

Sapong-Bunbury-Peterson
    Olum-Rosell-Zusi
    Sinovic-Besler-Colon-Myers
    Nielson

On Saturday the Revs probably go with:
    Bobby
    Barnes-AJ-Farrell-Tierney
    Dorman
    Sene-Nguyen-Kobayashi-Fagundez
    Bunbury

Or maybe Sene comes out for Bunbury and Imbongo or Bengston plays up top

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refs:

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We REALLY need those two back and with Alston out as well it's hard to see us getting points out of this match. But then, thats why they play the games. 0-2 KC

9. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still love that we're strong at protecting the lead. :D

I don't love that KC has no significant weaknesses. Outside the fact that Collin is a douche. And Vermes is an even bigger douche.

11. BUSA Bulldog

BUSA Bulldog Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I hope it is on the wing...

12. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, it seems like there should be some kind of minimum sample size before the stat is used, they might as well add that we're very strong playing west coast teams.

I've been bummed that I can't go or even watch the game live on TV, but after reading how KC has a litany of strengths and no weaknesses, compared to the Revs having 2 things that are "technically a strength", along with a number of weaknesses, perhaps I'm better off than the lot of you.

13. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Fortunately the B's have game 5 at 3pm - it'll be a nice warmup for the Revs.

I totally hate when the games are going on simultaneously (chuckleheads at the Revs always seem to feel the need to announce the score).

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get to listen to the game during the tailgate! :)

15. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Well with no Rowe, JoGo, Diego and Alston, I'd like to see
    Bengston
    Nguyen-Daigo-Caldwell-Bunbury
    Dorman
    Tierney-AJ-Farrell-Woodbine
    Knuttleton

With Nguyen on the wing hopefully we'll get more service to Jerry, and he can cut in because Tierney will push up wide.

16. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Did they say Diego is out too?

17. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thought he's out with his neck.

18. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, I was just wondering if the team had said anything, as I didn't see him mentioned in the article on Jogo and Rowe. After I asked above, I looked at that article again, and noticed a link at the bottom for the article titled New England Revolution's Diego Fagundez carrying back injury, status in doubt for Sporting KC clash. However the article itself says he's training, and doesn't seem to imply the his status is as doubtful as the title implies. If it was only tightness in his upper back, as they say, then I would think there's a good chance a fit 19 year old would be able to recover enough in a week to be able to play. Oh to be 19 again. Heck, oh to be under 40 again...

19. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will most likely get
    Bunbury
    Nguyen-Daigo-Caldwell-Sene OR Fagundez-Nguyen-Daigo-Sene
    Dorman
    Tierney-AJ-Farrell-Barnes
    Shuttleworth
    However I do agree, I'd like to see Sene take a seat, Bunbury moved back and Jerry up front. I think a start might be a confidence boost for him

20. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game is still on CSNNE live Saturday night, and as of now, temps are set to have a high of 44, low of 42, with continued showers at 40% and NNE winds at 8 mph. Forecasted attendance: 6,422

21. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, what the hell! Let's add to all the suck and put down some pointy-ball lines and a flying Elvis just for good measure! :rolleyes:

22. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announced attendance will be more. Every STH ticket counts, plus the free tickets that STH can give has got to add up to more than 6,422 right? I'd say more like 9,422

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Announced attendance will probably be closer to 15k. Remember, every single season ticket holder was able to get an extra two free tickets for this one.

24. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15k sounds reasonable. Does this mean the Fort will be packed? Just an aside, I think the offer was one per STH account, so if you had two tickets on one account, that's still only 2 tickets total for the 2 STH's.

Along the same lines, how/when are these tickets distributed? My friend filled out the form around 9 pm instead of the stated 5 pm deadline for this and is unsure if he will be getting tickets.

Back to the game at hand, I'd be interested to see how the Revs attack comes together. They've had enough time to figure out how to attack as a unit right?

25. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I submitted a request via email for two extra tickets and they were never sent.