P/I/P: Eastern Final: Dynamo v DC United. Sunday Nov. 11

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 8, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
  1. Dynamo Win

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Dynamo Tie

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dynamo Lose

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. "We are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Nooooodle Time"

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Much respect to OBG for his late game high pressure play.

DNez2001, 7seven7 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Boniek's looking like a hell of a pickup for a team that sticks to the budget so stringently. I keep wondering how long Dominick Kinnear will hold this thing together yet he proves me wrong time and agan.

DNez2001 and JC507 repped this.
  3. oofinalheavenoo

Oct 30, 2006
    Daly City, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Houston and Galaxy on collision course for MLS Cup again.

La Diva and JC507 repped this.
  4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The save off the line by Bobby could be the real deal breaker for this tie, what a Johnny on the Spot type of coverage! It was 1-1 at that point and going down 2-1 at home with the tired legs coulda been too big of a mountain to climb, even at home. Instead, with that save from Boz we go on to win 3-1!
    Boni out right is pure joy. Camargo really stepped up tonight and Bruin came up money once again in the playoffs.
    I am spent. I can barely talk. The players took a lap to thank all us fans and came over to the hinchada fist pumping and showing their appreciation. That was real cool, I couldn't say anything back they know we all love 'em. DALE DYNAMO! KEREMOS LA COPA!!!

el nordissimo and DNez2001 repped this.
  5. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even Salazar was able to screw this up.

6. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Boniek Garcia. What a player. I was impressed with his play.

DNez2001, CeltTexan, ImaPuppy and 2 others repped this.
  7. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four words for you:

Giles Barnes

Corey Ashe

That is all.

The_Ponce and JC507 repped this.
  8. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he did for DC ;)

9. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll they're in meltdown mode over on the D.C. boards and I really can't blame them for being cheesed about the non-call against Hainault. If I'm being honest, when it happened, I thought for sure yellow or red.

That said, there's one clown over there that wants us beat bad because of "how we play" yet he really didn't go into detail about "how we play."

If "how we play" is by beating teams consistently and taking our chances when they come, well then I'd submit that he doesn't have a clue about what he's said and really, it's nothing more than sour grapes. "How we play" gets results.

I feel for D.C. from the standpoint that they had to make three subs early and have a few other players out. Once they went down, Olsen had no options to bring off the bench (not that they had any) to try and change the match. However, they also conveniently forgot that WE had several key players out (Taylor, Carr, Clark) due to injury which would have also made a difference.

It'll be interesting to see how many players they can get healthy for next week. It'll also be interesting to see how many of our players we can get healthy.

jvilla07 and JC507 repped this.
  10. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a fvcking game. Atmosphere was incredible and the team played its heart out. One more game and we're in the cup. Queremos La Copa!!!!!!

The_Ponce and Heft repped this.
  11. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    <3 our boys. ********in warriors!

JC507 repped this.
  12. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    The way Boniek was in dead sprint at the end of the match putting high pressure on them was insane. I love that guy, incredible.

7seven7, El Naranja, jvilla07 and 4 others repped this.
  13. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Also, what an atmosphere! Asses in seats early and the crowd was really into it. So proud to call this city my home and the Dynamo my team!!

14. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Great game!!! Proud of the boys for coming back. I found new seats!! My season seats are in 237. My buddy got tickets in 234 row A. I've been trying to get my friends to get closer to the SG's. I think I have them convinced now. Props to the SG's. I'm hoarse from singing, my feet and arms are tired from stomping and clapping but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh yeah, I stood the whole game, something I can't do in my normal seats.

15. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It is a testament to the Dynamo's actual depth to win a key match while missing four starters.

16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    3rd best part of the night. The yellows all cleared!

cougarclaws, DNez2001, JC507 and 4 others repped this.
  17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I will say I did love Barnes going in their and Ashe getting through defenders I was like will today be the hat trick.

JC507 repped this.
  18. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well i came in here to let you guys know i finally went to a dynamo game voluntarily. my dad and i surprised my dads best friend's son with tickets. To my surprise you guys are complaining about the atmosphere which is f'ing ridiculous. you guys definitely have a great atmosphere sure to us (my dad and i) it does have that "gringo" feel but with latin flavor which is great. We enjoyed the game especially since we sat in sec 221 where the barra brava :ROFLMAO: was at. Good to rub it in the visiting fans. Boniek was a steal, and ashe is a dangerous player, we knew DC united sitting back was going to bite them in the rear.

I think it was great at how organized everything was. When we purchased the tickets we received an email with pretty much an itinerary of how every thing was going to start off and the events around the stadium. 3 streamer rolls per person you bet we were prepared.

anyways enjoyed our afternoon at the game and if the final was in Houston we would go back. best of luck.

DNez2001, 7seven7, El Naranja and 8 others repped this.
  19. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the atmosphere was always like that, we will never lose. It was amazing in there. Only empty seats I found where the two to my left and I txt my friend to come down from second tier to get them.

Game was great. After seeing the Hainault call, I understand why Onstad got red carded. Can't really see that from the Walker end

Dynamo_Forever and JC507 repped this.
  20. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not goin to lie, atmosphere died after that first DC goal.. SG's came back with let's go dynamo but man, I couldn't clap or yell at all, I felt as tired as the players and wondered to myself what if we actually lose.

Hainault goal changed the whole stadium around though. Back to partying after that.

Props to my earlier post for belong in Mr November could score for us

21. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    That was an absolute killer of a match. Hainault is definitely the luckiest man in the MLS so far. Let's hope they continue this and meet with LA and hold Keane down, cause sweet hell he's been on fire this post-season. Poor Seattle.

DNez2001 repped this.
  22. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    If by "on fire" you mean "he has the same number of playoff goals as Will Bruin." Then yes, Keane is "on fire."

Dynamo_Forever, JC507 and ImaPuppy repped this.
  24. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    To be fair, they are both playing really well.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was almost an organizational win due to depth developed and acquired and a testament to Dom and the staff for putting this roster together to be able to weather missing Rico, Taylor, & Carr.

I'm sure back in August you all had Camargo to Sarkodie on the scoresheet in the Eastern final 1st leg, just like I did :cool:

A few other quick Westside thoughts tonite:

1) It seems that all anyone wants to discuss on many MLS sites and soccer sites is Salazar's non-call on Hainault. DCU seems violently distracted by it - go look at the handshakes with Salazar post-game, they still are bitching about it. I saw one suggestion that MLS may suspend or look at Hainault because it looked like he scissored Augosto!!

I don't think it was a red, although you will see that called in Europe (BTW, I can think of many times that the Dynamo have put guys thru and got intentionally fouled and the refs haven't given red). If you look at the replay from field level from behind Tally Hall, you can see what Salazar probably saw - Augosto is the one who initiates the contact by jerking right into Hanault and knocking him to the side, who does sort of hook Augosto's arm and they both go down - but Hainault's "scissor" seems more to do with an awkward fall and lunge for the ball than any malice.

I think Salazar saw it as a more even shoulder-to-shoulder challenge start and let the whole thing go.

And if DC wants to moan, there were a good half-dozen tackles that should have earned them cards. And Robbie Russell definitely leaned into Moffat and made no attempt NOT to run him over on that collusion. It was 50-50 but Russell did the old "look like I am playing the ball but really try to blast the other guy" technique on that.

2) If there was any other proof why the MLS playoff schedule sucks, the amount of 1st half subs burned today shows that the games are too congested. Let's play for seven months then rush thru the playoffs as quick as possible. Stupid. Keep the wild card team on short rest for the conference semi 1st leg but stretch it out so 6-7 days between games after that.

3) A veteran Bruce Arena team is not blowing a 3-goal advantage in an MLS series. Not sure if Sigi was distracted by In-N-Out Burgers on the post-game menu or what, but that was a weak effort by his team and tactically as well. Pencil in LA for the final.

CeltTexan and DNez2001 repped this.