P/I/P: Eastern Final: Dynamo v DC United. Sunday Nov. 11

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 8, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
  1. Dynamo Win

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Dynamo Tie

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dynamo Lose

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. "We are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Nooooodle Time"

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He let it go like he their handball.

2. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    It's Salazar, be glad that he didn't call that red on Hainault. We've blown our few good chances and our back line is just asleep during this match. I don't know what else to say on this derp of a match...

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** this game fifteen ways from Sunday. ********!!!!!!!!!!

4. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think most refs get caught up in the idea of "letting the teams play", especially in the playoffs. I have no problem with a physical game because I think it benefits us as long as there is some type of consistency. Swallowing the whistle on fouls like that does tend to carry over to penalties, handballs, etc. For me, that foul was a lot more blatant than the handball but they're both tough to call in real time. As a Dynamo fan, I'm obviously glad it wasn't called.

5. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    YEEESS Hainualt. GOOOOL!!

6. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. October!

We've got them back on their heels...I can see us grabbing a few more before it's over. Their side is not set up to defend over 90 minutes.

And one more thing: this one is going to come down to whoever has the most endurance.

JC507 repped this.
  7. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    Hainault is truly the luckiest man in the MLS right now. Holy hell.

8. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Their last sub. Players dropping like crazy, I've not seen this much before or rarely.

9. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be the runs, but Davis' service seems...off.

10. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    Lol this entire match has been off. This isn't good for either team playing this hard with Seattle or LA waiting in the wings.

11. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, but I think they'll beat each other up too by the time their series is over. At least we would get a break before the finals if we were to make it.

12. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Bobby Beast!!

JC507 repped this.
  13. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boswell is a rock.

And if it hasn't been proven already, that move showed Giles Barnes is class. How many players that have ever put on Dynamo Orange could pull off something like that?

JC507 and jvilla07 repped this.
  14. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Heck of run by Barnes!

15. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giles freaking Barnes. His ability to run at defenders with the ball is proving quite useful.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Kandji, Kandji, Kandji needs to keep his damn cool.

17. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Oh Baby!!!!!!

18. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    The Orange Fortress baby!!!! Eastern Conference is truly castle warfare!

19. La Diva

La Diva Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    For the love of God put in Ching!!!!

20. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Goool & Ching!!

21. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Excellent comeback and some lucky greats but mostly Dynamo intensity in the play-offs. They come to play when it matters!

22. guaroboy828

guaroboy828 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loving the win!!!Let's hope our hurt players come back and their's stay hurt. If we go into DC not looking for a coffin nail like we did in KC we're not guaranteed to make it to the Cup. Dom's gotta show a bit more balls this time around. We made it out of KC by the skin of our teeth. It does not matter who's side you were on tonight, Salazar was atrocious.

23. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Should've scored one more.

La Diva repped this.
  24. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts on the match:

-Great Effort. Great Comeback. Just the position we wanted to be in heading to DC.

-Unlucky not to get that handball call, but extremely lucky not to get at least a yellow on Hainault's tackle

-Probably not the best team we've ever had on the pitch, but one of the most technical that I've ever seen for the Dynamo. Joy to watch in the 2nd half.

-DC looks banged up, and I know that our depth is better. It will be interesting to see who is able to play and who the coaches choose to play.

-Thought Barnes was very influential today going forward. Lucky we had him on a day like this.

-Looks like we won't have any players suspended due to card accumulation for next game (unless Kandji is).

-I take back anything negative that I've ever said about Camargo or Sarkodie.

-I don't think DC can apply the kind of consistent attacking pressure over 90 minutes that SKC could, but they seem more lethal in the final third. They goal they got was a little fortunate, but they seem to have a few different guys that can deliver a good ball and create chances. SKC just had Zusi, really.

-Will be interested to see if we change formations/personnel for the 2nd leg from what we started against SKC. Could be beneficial to keep a guy like Camargo on to help keep a little more possession. Don't want to see us have to defend like that again.

One more note about that Hainault tackle for those of you who were at the game. Kyle Martino talked to someone from the Professional Referees Organization at halftime (don't remember his name...something Wilson I think). He said that the foul (if there was one) should have been a yellow at the most because Camargo's presence prevented it from being a clear goal scoring opportunity. Arlo White referred to the guy as "Salazar's boss" so he should know what he was talking about. Just a little ammo for any DC fans who say that the foul should have been called and should have been red.

25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    We'll always have the handball in the box non-call.