P/I/P: Eastern Final: Dynamo v DC United. Sunday Nov. 11

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 8, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2012.
  1. Dynamo Win

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Dynamo Tie

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dynamo Lose

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. "We are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Noodle/Forever we are Nooooodle Time"

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everybody, as usual. I like standing for a whole game, but when they stand for exciting parts it sort of punctuates the moment. I really like standing for the added time in the second half as well as for corners and dangerous free kicks. I wasn't trying to argue with DJ, that would be stupid.

Not all LSP fans are die-hard to the end. All the ones around us in the playoff last year, in the front near the cauldron, got up and left after Costly's goal. They said "we'll, that's the game," turned their back on their team and walked away.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    In my fire proof lockbox at home, because it's a pain to get a replacement. but what does have to do with getting 20,000 actual butts in seats before kickoff at BBVA?

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was making fun of the regular fans, not Cauldron, that yell that out through the whole game. After we won this past game we were told, "now you can go back to Mexico." I love their fans for making my away trips fun. That's a real rivalry. Don't take it bad Rey. He meant no harm towards you.

PS.

This is our true competitive rivalry. Dallas is our cultural one, SKC is the "sporting" one.

redinthemorning and DNez2001 repped this.
  4. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you that on Wed, the traveling band of orange rocked LSP more than the locals until that first goal was scored. Go back and listen to the rebroadcast.

5. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No offense to you. I was just hitting on the rivalry being born with Sporting. They have a lot of fans who really hate the Dynamo and their traveling support, and they make LSP a tough place to play.

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ha, no offense taken. what some midwestern yahoo yells at me at a stadium has no bearing on my outlook on life, my money or what i'm all about. let those who wallow in that ignorance enjoy themselves now, because in the end it all comes back.

i was more concerned about what we as a fanbase do at BBVA and yes even when we travel. i think what Don Juego is planning for DC is a great start from a socializing standpoint. just like i know Newtex has also done a lot with away ticketing in the past. too many names to mention. not all of us can "lift", but i think we all have a part to play.

JC507 repped this.
  7. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Canetti just tweeted that there are fewer than 2,000 tickets left with sales still going strong. Looking good.

JC507 and ImaPuppy repped this.
  8. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I really hope people get there early for this one. No excuse with the Texans not kicking off until 7:20.

cougarclaws, JC507 and The_Ponce repped this.
  9. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see this turning out possibly like the KC series did.

2-0 at home
    0-1 away.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  10. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I feel this way about it too. Except that I think our battle away will be a little easier than the one we faced at KC, finishing aside. There is no way D.C. can keep up the kind of pressure SKC did for the 90 away minutes.

A 2-0 lead should just about do it.

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So ... the travelling Orange supporters Wednesday did great. Were fantastic. The broadcast records it nicely.

For me, sitting across the stadium, it was hard to hear the Orange supporters due to the Cauldron and the folks all around. For me, both groups brought it. I'm sure if I was close to the travelling supporters section I would have heard the Dynamo supporters more than the Cauldron. And that is well done and impressive.

However, the experience of most of the stadium would not have been that.

But none of that is the point. The point was never Cauldron v EB/TA/BW/LB. Houston supporters do the job the Cauldron does, but the Cauldron has more numbers for their games. Interestingly, as the game ended, the real core stayed singing. And their numbers are about the same as EB/TA/BW/LB's core -- maybe even smaller.

So this really isn't about SGs. (Note -- the only SG issue would be the decision by the Cauldron to arrive earlier and start singing well before gametime which only a subset of our groups do. I like the earlier atmo but I'm not in a SG and it is up to them to decide those things, I'm not going to really judge that. )

The point was that we have struggled to fill our stadium despite selling out of tickets, and that our crowd shows up late. I don't claim to know why. It is good topic for discussion and one this board has engaged in before.

12. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go friends. The big game approaches. Taking advantage of our home field is imperative to set ourselves up for the decisive 90' next week.

So lets all do everything we can to create as great an atmosphere as possible to will our tired, bruised and ragged players on to at least a two-goal victory tomorrow.

Forever Orange!

JC507 repped this.
  13. Transatlantic

Transatlantic Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I think the main problem is seeing the large number of empty seats, especially "sold out" games.

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they should do every game like they do the playoffs, well at least sort off. For the playoffs STHs have to purchase their seats by a certain time or they are resold. They can't make them buy their seats again for the regular season, but it would be cool if every game they would reserve their seats. If not reserved by, say, 2 days before the game, the could be resold by the team.
    Today's game should be full, finally. Everybody that bought a ticket for thuds game intends to use it.

15. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I'm so excited I can't sleep...time to start drinking!

DNez2001 and Bandido repped this.
  16. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Today let us honor those who bring us all honor every day with their service to our Country, State and City. Support our Vets

Lets Go Dynamo !!

17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know Burch, so I can't tell if he lashed out with a homophobic slur, or just uses the slur in a more friendly way. Unfortunately for Burch, the bar had already been set for this particular phrase. While I wouldn't agree that a state should have any business sanctioning someone over speech-- businesses do have that right to create a better working environment. Maybe they should send out a memo to the players that racist and homophobic speech will result in a ban.

18. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Most of this has to be ticket "brokers." There are certain sections that have the same empty seats every game.

The "real" STH's who don't show up on time, or at all, that's a head scratcher for me. There's a guy in my section who NEVER shows up before the 30th minute! Day games, night games, weekends, weeknights it doesn't matter, he's never there at the beginning. So it can't be an occasional work related thing. He's just weird!

19. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Those people drive me insane.

I have to say, I (generally) think it is a rich person thing...kind of like not wanting to take home left-overs of a delicious meal when you barely ate any of it. I mean, c'mon!

:D

20. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 games, through to the Cup. Maybe harsh, but consistent. Reminiscent of Clark's brilliant, but unfortunate brain-fart. Do you realize Rico has never played in a cup? Let's get him to this one! We want the Cup! Dale.

21. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really don't like all the guys sitting on suspension for a "next yellow card".

WARNINGS (suspended next yellow card): HOU: Corey Ashe, Calen Carr, Brad Davis, Boniek Garcia, Tally Hall, Kofi Sarkodie ...

a lot, a lot of names. this is something to watch today and hope that none get booted for next week. we can't afford to lose any of these guys, not even corey. hopefully it doesn't make them timid and we have them all in DC. we need to score 3 so we don't have to worry about it.

ps
    screw you DC and your filthy, corrupt non state!

ImaPuppy repped this.
  22. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My printout tickets say the game is at 2:30, anyone else notice this? Is it just a carryover error from last week?

23. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Heck, my tickets say 2:30 on Saturday. They'll still work.

24. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been worried about that too, people have been asking me what time the game is and I'm never sure. But the Dynamo say3 so I'll go with that.

25. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd figure the ones from the wildcard game would be removed by now for good behavior