P/I/P #14 LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers, 4:00 p.m. PT Sunday June 17th

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Hachiko, May 27, 2012.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, I'm going to try this again and if the Galaxy don't get right in the month of June, I can officially confirm that this team really, really, REALLY has some serious problems.

This is the LA Galaxy vs. Portland Timbers thread. P/I/P #14 done the hard and fast way. This is the second meeting between these two teams. Discuss, ladies and gentlemen.

Mods, can you also add 6/17 to the title, I can't change it.

New Mexican, JukeBox and Finley repped this.
  2. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are the animes?.

3. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Later, when it's closer to the day of match.

4. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance of using some ************? It's more entertaining than our brand of football at the moment.

5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well it can't get worse for us!

6. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree we got the trebel got beat by the smurfs, got beat by a railhawk (whatever that is), and the crown jewel of futility lost the the damn shitvas! Three stooges brand football at it's finest!

MPNumber9 and JukeBox repped this.
  7. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad because I think the animes are the good omen. We need help to get us out of the hole that we are in.

JukeBox and Hachiko repped this.
  8. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll keep it safe for work.

9. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hachiko, maybe we need some soccer-related anime to get us out of our funk. Maybe some Captain Tsubasa or Giant Killing?

10. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, wait till the week of the match.

11. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, we suck! To make the pain even worse, we are totally being overshadowed in our own city by the Kings run to the Stanley Cup. I know people that have never watched a hockey game in their entire lives but recently declared themselves hardcore Kings fans. Just goes to show how fickle some LA fans are and that made me realize that despite how bad things are right now, there are still silver linings in these storm clouds. It makes me glad to see that we have a strong core group of posters that still care even when the chips are way down. The bandwagoners come and go, but you guys help me keep the faith that MLS will one day be the talk of the town.

Anyways, as far as the team is concerned.. yeah, IJDFK. Seems like we have tried everything to fix the problems, only for it to work temporarily and then mutate into twice the problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that we can get a few good results until we can get some reinforcements and make the playoffs. After all, despite all the doom and gloom around here as of late, theoretically at least, we can still win the MLS Cup.

Go Galaxy!

12. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not a Kings fan but I don't begrudge them their moment of glory. I don't need LAG to be "the talk of the town" because I don't draw my validation from the view of the masses. I fully agree that posters on this board committed to the team, the league and the sport are more interesting and important than the band wagoners, the fly by night "next big thing" fans, and others with the attention span of mayflies.

Kronos, GalaxyMike and Hachiko repped this.
  13. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIS IS LA... city of Front Runners... you should already know that, look at the Galaxy.
    Now I typically hate the bandwagon because its all just a bunch of glory humping. If ppl became Galaxy fans last year, to boooo the team this season, that pisses me off. Same with the Kings this season, if people just come aboard and start buying all the vintage gretzky jerseys in town to "validate" how long they've been a fan, only to have none of them stick around for the future, im going to lose it.

now since we typically can't even get a write up in the paper I doubt the Galaxy are being "overshadowed" as you put it. This run has brought to light IMO how much the media has no clue about the Kings. Putting up the Sacramento Kings logo on NBC, the FOX 11 girl saying "Brad Doty with the ball" (it's Drew Doughty and its a puck) NHL.com selling "Alex" Kopitar shirts? (It's Anze)

I never saw a highlight from Larry Donovan or Daniel Buckham

14. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No surprise on The Magee (as noted in my prior message). It could have been more than one game.

I honestly didn't think the Stephens challenge was all that bad, but given how he has been playing it doesn't hurt much to bench him for the Portland game.

16. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    T
    That's very noble. I on the other hand must have the attention of a mayfly because I see little if anything worth watching right now.

17. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Stephens along with Nakasawa and Jordan should be benched permanently.

The Cadaver repped this.
  18. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Someone really ought to get in the way of this Real Madrid fixture coming up. This season has been damaging enough for the business side of soccer and the face of the league. Plus Bruce is in a mood right now. He might have a mind to use the same team he used against the Railhawks.

19. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That WOULD be funny. And given that the sole purpose of the game is to rip off the real and phony Madrid fans, all the more power to him if he does.

20. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. But I bet you keep watching anyway. :D

21. COGalaxy

COGalaxy Member

May 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, given how the suspensions and injuries worked out, here's how I'd like to see us line up for this game

4-2-3-1

Buddle

Donovan Sarvas
    Becks

Walker Juninho

Dunivant Leonardo AJDG Franklin

Saunders (hopefully)

Bench: Perk, Meyer, Lopes, Keat, Jordan, Noonan, Barrett

22. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  23. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not gonna watch a complete destruction of the galaxy, no way no how! The best thing for bruce to do is to go to UCLA every morning and watch how a real football manager trains and motivates a club. What I mean by real is someone with pedigree my man joesay!

24. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I saw Saunders training goalkeepers at my son's club last night. He looked great and was joking with the kids and giving them great hands-on training. He also had a sidekick, though, who appeared to know nothing about soccer generally or goalkeeping in particular. So, it appears that he is still in the rehab program. Let's hope he is done by the 17th, since Perk and Gaudette have been underwhelming.

25. Finley

Finley Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Under the blue sky
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really glad to hear that he seems to be doing well. I'm looking forward to his return as well.