P/I/P #13 LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo Sat. 5/26 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, May 25, 2012.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now we get the international break.

Hopefully we win our USOC games and play better after the break.

I mean, we can't play any worse can we....?

JukeBox repped this.
  3. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol why do they keep saying sold out stadium. Seats are empty

4. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank goodness for the no-relegation system.

JukeBox and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  5. dreamstarcat

dreamstarcat New Member

May 25, 2012
    Target the spot for playoff season will be more realistic.

6. dreamstarcat

dreamstarcat New Member

May 25, 2012
    They may work harder and push themselves more if there is one...................

JukeBox repped this.
  7. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just so disappointing. How can we go from first to worst from one season to the next? Hopefully a blowout on Tuesday can get the team going.

8. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely too much complaining about the refs, and it starts at the top with Arena and Beckham.

Cyclonis and Beerking repped this.
  9. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another game, another loss. Sigh.

10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know how to do blowouts. We'll be lucky to get a goal, or to win by one goal. Sorry for the downer post!

JukeBox repped this.
  11. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I'm gonna quote stephen a. smith this club and it's managment is playing ass-a nine, ass-a ten, ass-a eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, ass-a sixteen football! Season barring a miracle is over as far as I'm concerned. I hate the direction of the club in it's current state and I demand change not later, not in a couple of games but NOW! Bruce has worn out his "hall pass"for the past accomplishments, I demand to see proper football!

12. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't want to even mention the possibility of losing on Tuesday, but with the way LA is playing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we drew/lost.

But I'm just hoping that LA plays well and gets some confidence going. I hope the half month break does the team well too. Maybe the long break is just what the team needs to refocus and play like champions.

JukeBox repped this.
  13. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Frustration is creeping in. It's not just us the fans now, but the players feel it too. There's not much more to say. This is extremely disappointing. I keep hearing the players say its time to step up, and time to get the season started but I don't see it. The attitude is better but the results aren't. As a fan I'm trying to be patient about it, but it feels like the team is sinking quickly.

At this point I want to ask Bruce what comes into play when selecting a Starting XI, and his subs. Maybe if Nick Green can stop making snide remarks about the Galaxy, he can do his job and ask the questions that everyone in here wants to know. What's going on? Why can't Sarvas get a game? Why isn't our midfield working? Is there helping coming in during the summer window?

This international break will help. If I was Bruce I'd just pretend that the season starts June 17th against Portland. Priority on USOC, and start over 6/17. Lets take the next 3 weeks to recover and find that "magic" that everyone says the locker-room lost.

And finally -- ******** brian dunseth. Dude, I get it -- Gaul got away with one. Magee was a jerk at the end of the game but stop blabbing about it and do some analysis.

JukeBox repped this.
  14. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Happens almost every year after we win MLS Cup. 2003 we snuck in to the play-offs because the league was so weak, 2006 was a very dark year. Not just to the Galaxy either. The 2000 DC United side finished near the bottom of the league after winning The Cup! There are probably other examples.

15. dreamstarcat

dreamstarcat New Member

May 25, 2012
    Agreed. It happens in many leagues as well. Well, not exactly from the best to the worst but a carrying-off does happen frequently. You focus 100% on a big project and you just cannot pick up the energy again after completing it. It is the coach or manager who should keep pushing the players and makesure that they still get that hunger after a successful year. That's why Sir Alex Ferguson is amazing throughout the years.

JukeBox and kaburu repped this.
  16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Tough loss. Thought it'd be a good result after Buddle's goal. There were quite a few Galaxy fans at the stadium and I gotta meet Juninho![​IMG]

Finley, JukeBox, Berks and 8 others repped this.
  17. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would point out that Barrett has now set up 3 of our last four goals from the run of play, but then I would be accused of saying nice things about him.

It would not be surprising to see Magee get a suspension - it sure looked like he was throwing the ball at the ref, but he was like the rest of the squad - couldn't finish.

All those who wanted to ride with Bryan Gaul and let him grow into the position, please put your hands up now.

Dunivant needs a rest. So MANY unforced giveaways. Not that he was the only one on the team doing that. His, however, set up Ching on the shot that caromed off the post and the Magee.

Corners will continue to be our Achilles heel until Omar gets back or A.J. grows up.

I am pretty much ready to give up on Mike "Bring me in when you need to allow a goal against" Stephens. Nothing but downhill since his rookie year. Nothing.

Kenny Walker? Kenny Walker??? Sarvas better be injured or sick.

JukeBox, Kilgore and kaburu repped this.
  18. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Lucky! I'm waiting till May 31 to meet him! Can't wait!

19. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team stinks. Looking for leadership and this team doesn't have any. Becks is finished. He's checked out mentally, he's checked out on the field too. All he's good for is a decent free kick opportunity and about 10 solid minutes of ref bitching every game.

Keane is gone... And he's not gonna help much

Landon is still in England, or at least he wishes he was every goddam minute of everyday he's been back in MLS.

Buddle is just happy to be back home n have a job.

Magee for what it's worth seems like the only dude who invests any emotion into his game and tries with the limited skills he does have... But becks negative energy is quickly eroding even his drive.

And Bruce is AWOL. He knows the management could care less what's going on.. The kings are priority one, and the galaxy are on the back burner for the eventual future. Bruce doesn't seem to worry because his job completely safe. It seems like the crap moves in the offseason are gonna have to really be the saving grace and everybody knows thats just not goona happen.

Were stuck in purgatory. Bound to relive this mess every few days to a week throughout the season.

Deep down you all know... And if you don't know your either completely blind, or you've let ignorance get the better of you.. That none of the big three wishes they were playing for the Galaxy this year. None of them wanted to come back, albeit maybe LD And Keane in an offseason capacity to the galaxy.

And I truly believe we are playing like crap because the whole team,the coaches, and the maybe, hopefully the management knows it. You get the sense that the captains of the team don't care if the ship sinks, because they got better things to do.. And the other players see that and are responding accordingly.

That's the real deal in galaxy land people.

galaxydeadhead repped this.
  20. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a sacrilege considering how beautiful that BBVA stadium is. The stadium looks about 50% filled. Horrible showing quite frankly.

21. tyler storm

tyler storm Red Card

May 20, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well if it is.. then at least give the HG kids some chances to develop so that we can start using local LA products rather than highly expensive Euro products ( unless its top quality not obscure like Austrian League or Belgian League)

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It was pretty filled. There was a lot of traffic on the freeway getting to the stadium because some lady decided that she could park her car in the middle of the freeway then call for help. The stadium is a 30 minute drive for me and it took well over an hour so there was a lot of late arrivals. The parking there was horrible. $30+ for parking everywhere and there wasn't a specific stadium parking for the fans. Most parking was just people's lots.

23. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy ish! I thought $15 at the Home Depot Center was B.S. - $30 - that's worse than a Lakers' game. Is there any sort of public transit one can take instead? That's probably more than some (most?) tickets.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Public transport is probably out of the question unless you live nearby. East coast cities are brilliant with their public transport but every where else seems to be lacking. It's impossible to get to the HDC with public transport unless you live really close.

25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The game was sold out, and they can't sell the seats twice if people are in the concourse or don't show. A sell out refers to tickets and not actual attendance.