Outstanding players that have gone unrecognized... mostly because ODP is to political

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by usain2010, Jul 25, 2002.

1. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Does anyone know of any outstanding players that are not in the ODP system due to it's political nature? I do.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Name names and provide proof.

Sachin

4. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Philip Salyer.

5. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    Eddie Pope got cut from ODP. I heard this somewhere in another thread......dont know if it is true....

6. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    It is possible that a 16 year old Eddie Pope wasn't good enough for ODP...

7. SeismicShift

SeismicShift Red Card

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of Cobi Jones, but he was never picked either for the State ODP team.

Jon O'Brien also. Never made the California State team--except the year that he left for Ajax, they gave him a quick call-up because they heard he was going to Holland.

Friedel I believe never got a look at Regionals until he was older.

8. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Moose Baloch. This guy is the bomb.

9. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I can see how this may become a very frustrating "Urban Legend" thread, but just for giggles, let's try to get a list of guys together and maybe if anyone remembers this thread in 4 or 5 years, they'll go "Dang, those internet nuts really knew their stuff!"

Oh yeah, my contribution .... ummmmmmm ... I defer to davide.

;)

-Tron

10. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Re: Re: Outstanding players that have gone unrecognized... mostly because ODP is to political

The bomb, eh? I'm sure that was the kind of proof Sachin had in mind. ;)

11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Re: Re: Outstanding players that have gone unrecognized... mostly because ODP is to political

Just ask TexanSoccer06.

12. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    I'll ask anyone who can answer. So TexanSoccer06, or TheSlipperyOne, or anyone else:
    Who is Moose Baloch? Where does he play? What position? Strengths of his game?

Let's say that this guy makes it to the senior US team. Then we can all hear that classic commentary, "No, the fans aren't booing, they're all calling 'Mooooose.' " I can never get enough of that one.

I mean, I'm sure almost anyone who has played youth soccer knows of some player who was nicknamed Moose, was twice the size of anyone else, scared everyone, played central defense, and could kick the ball to the moon.

But in all seriousness, you're saying this Moose can actually play? Let's hear about it.

13. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    the only moose that I know that can ball is Justin Moose(will be at Wake Forest)....played for '83 CSC Blue, ODP Region III, and at one point was on a youth national team(pretty sure)......but he wouldnt belong in this thread now would he?

14. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    What would be great is if his nickname was "Moose."

Then his name would be Moose Moose.

Moose developed due to the patient, expert instruction from several youth coaches who faithfully called out from the sideline "Kick It Moose." - always a good tactical ploy, telling the big guy to "kick it."

15. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Moose Baloch is a badass. I hear sometimes he posts on BS as TexanSoccer06 :D.

16. Re: Re: Outstanding players that have gone unrecognized... mostly because ODP is to political

With a last name like Moose he don't need no stinkin' nickname.

17. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

I once saw Moose Baloch nutmeg a defender, with the keeper as the only man in his way he kicks the ball straight up into the air. He then proceeds to jump into the stands kisses the keeper's girlfriend, signs her breast, jumps back onto the field and proceed to head the ball into the back of the net as the ball came back to earth. Simply mahvelous.

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Bump.

This forum really is quite a place.

19. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Ahh, those were the days. Remember The Slippery One? :) I should dredge up some old discussions, like maybe Freddymania. On 2nd thought...

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999