OUT: Rosell, IN: Second Place | The 2013-2014 Season Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wow ... yeah let's ship out the only players who have the fighting spirit and heart to give their all every single game , can't wait to see who will you suggest as replacment :confused:

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    nope to me its a shared responsability

you even mentioned the amount of chances that the players missed

a mistake by a player essentially put us 1-0 down

those mistakes have nothing to do with formations tactics etc, it comes down to players either not finishing their chances or making basic errors

Tata makes mistakes yes, but so do the players and all of that adds up to the last 3 weeks

3. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    and i'm telling you if pedro and alexis have been starters all these weeks they would've converted all their chances today , anyway i don't think this will go anywhere , you want to transfer some of the blame from Tata to the players/management/transfers/etc and i'm putting all the responsibility on Tata , let's leave it at that.

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah lets just agree to disagree;)

puyol repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Just wondering about the transfer ban.. how are the punishments decided!? Masia kids = transfer ban? or was it just convenient to some in FIFA to place a ban on Barcelona when they need to restrengthen the most? Its just quite odd isn't it? Anyone dug into that!?

6. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My updated (hopeful) transfer activity for Barca this summer.

Sell:

Adriano (15m e)
    Dani Alves (18m e)- could sell over market value with strong WC and a few big fish competing to sign
    Alex Song (18m e)
    Ibrahim Afellay (5m e)
    Jonathan dos Santos (3m e)
    Cristian Tello (9m e)
    Isaac Cuenca (3m e)

71m e total (+50m e base annual kitty)= 121m warchest.

Sell if strong offer:
    Cesc Fabregas (50m e)
    Javier Mascherano (15m e)

Out (contract/retire):

Jose Manuel Pinto (GK)
    Carles Puyol (CB)

Return from loan:

Gerard Deulofeu (LF/RF)
    Rafinha (AM/F)

Promote:

Jordi Masip (GK)
    Denis Suarez (AM)
    Sergi Gomez (CB)

Train with first team/cup matches:

Jean Marie Dongou (CF)
    Franck Bagnack (CB)
    Sergi Samper (DM)
    Alex Grimaldo (LB)

Transfer In:

GK (2)
    CB (2)
    CM (1)
    CF (1)
    FB- LB/RB (1)

Updated Team

First XI:

GK- *new signing
    LB- Jordi Alba
    CB- Gerard Pique
    CB- *new signing
    RB- Martin Montoya/*new signing
    DM- Sergi Busquets
    CM- Cesc Fabregas/*new signing
    CM- Andres Iniesta
    LF- Neymar
    CF- Lionel Messi
    RF- Alexis Sanchez

Team:

GK- *new signing, *new signing, Jordi Masip
    LB- Jordi Alba, *new signing, *promote
    RB- Martin Montoya, *new signing
    CB- Gerard Pique, *new signing, Marc Bartra, *new signing, Sergi Gomez
    DM- Sergi Busquets, Javier Mascherano/*promote
    CM- Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, *new signing, Xavi, Denis Suarez, Rafinha
    LF- Neymar, Gerard Deulofeu
    CF- Lionel Messi, *new signing
    RF- Alexis Sanchez, Pedro

Total First Team Size= 25

Keep in mind, this is assuming you keep Cesc/Masch and sign a CM. Obviously, all of this will depend on the new manager and restrictions being lifted. I would sell Cesc at the right price. Masch is worth keeping as there is no immediate successor to Busquets currently, and for his dressing room value.

I think 5-6 first class signings would help get this team back to the level required to compete at the top on all fronts.

7. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and Roberto Martinez for manager. He is the perfect fit for Barca's current situation. He is tactically intelligent, modest and a great man manager. He is very much a players' coach in the mold of a Rijkaard and Pep, but he doesn't come with the glitz of those two. I'd take Martinez over any other Spanish manager being rumored for the job.

8. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd have thought that Jose and Real Madrid would have more enemies than Barca tbh.

9. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCB will be in competition with Manchester United for a new manager this summer.

My top targets for FCB would be:

Roberto Martinez
    Jogi Low (leaving Germany after WC, wants club job)
    Rudi Garcia
    Frank de Boer

I bet United will be a strong contender for Low. He makes a lot of sense for them. Martinez, Garcia and de Boer all fit seamlessly into this club's philosophy.

10. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Heck, this is maybe the second or third time I've seen Rudi Garcia's name posted in this forum and each time I've had to wikipedia him to see who he is. :oops: I'm simply out of touch with Serie A.
    I'm sure he's a good coach. And I like Roberto Martinez just for his analysis (ha, that word just doesn't look right!) work on ESPN in the summers of 2010 and 2012.
    But both these guys have only spent one season at their 'new' clubs, they're probably viewed as knights in shining armour by those clubs' supporters, and I would question whether they're ready to step up to the hot seat that a big club would present. We needn't look far in the past to see how Tata and Moyes (and Mourinho - DID I JUST SAY THAT?!) have handled such situations. At least with people like Luis Enrique, Laudrup and Cocu they've played with the club and so have experienced dealings with the high demands of a big club.
    I'd also feel a bit bad for Everton or Roma supporters knowing Barca waltzed in and snatched away a good thing they had going for their clubs.
    Wait until 2015 to steal one of them away. :p

11. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bartra to Barcelona official channel "I could not stop Bale due to my exposure to a thigh injury."

“Things did not go for me, I have spent the whole week screwed because of the hamstrings,” Bartra said. “I tried to hold on but I was not good physically and in the end it was not to be. I didn’t train at all with the team before the game, not even this morning. In the end I played and I felt good, but I was very tired in the final minutes. I cramped up in the final play , I was closer to the ball, but a rupture sharply struck me and made me lose the progress , he won the ball and scored the goal."
    -----------------------------

Poor Bartra , i hope he get to stay with us and not get transferred or stay as a bench warmer , hopefully with all this transfer ban issue he could start and prove himself next season :thumbsup:

SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  12. Obito Uchiha

Obito Uchiha Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hope we don't get an inexperienced coach this time. It worked with Pep, but it didn't work with Tito or Tata.

13. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Bad news with Moyse leaving Man U today ..... they will also be in the market for a top coach as well ...

14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I thought you were going to say " Bad news with Moyes leaving Man U today ..... Barca management might consider hiring him for next season " :ROFLMAO::D

wait ... they wouldn't be as dumb as to consider him right ..... RIGHT ....!??!! :confused::eek:o_O:alien:

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    David Moyes is a football genius

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Played Bayern twice and took the lead in both games. :eek:

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cmon guys, Wenger hasnt win title in a fckin decade! give Moyes same amount of time he'll probably win at least 1 or 2:D

18. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I'm not particularly upset with Tata as some others are, but if he doesn't come back, I really like what Martinez has done both at Wigan and Everton. I don't think he would move to ManU, but Barca might be a different story ... but what do I know. :rolleyes:

Martinez is imaginative, plays flowing, agressive football, and seems to be very good at analyzing an opponent before and during games to attack their weaknesses. Plus is very positive and a good communicator.

Garcia is defense first and when Totti doesn't play, Roma isn't cohesive. That may be due to the squad's composition more than anything, but he doesn't seem like Barca material.

If you visit the Ajax forum, you may be surprised at the level of dissatisfaction with de Boer. Most people, including me, don't watch Ajax so all they know is what they read.

I'm not sure about Klopp. It seems like his team plays one way and if that isn't working, he has trouble making in-game adjustments.

evil_allan repped this.
  19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    unclesox repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    New CB & CF please

21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

You mean CB'sssss :p

22. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ban suspended !
    That means we can spend big !

23. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    The only problem with Barcelona's potential transfers this summer is that every player we identify, the club will at 15-25% to their value cause they know we are in a dire situation with the ban looming in the future, so they'll try to squeeze every penny out of us..but it is what it is.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    whew!
    Let's open up a transfer thread!

os_mutante repped this.
  25. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That really doesn't concern us tbh.
    The money guy at Barca has already said that we can spend this years and next years budgets ( total €120million ) PLUS any money raised by outgoing sales ....

Hecklin Von Dutch repped this.