OUT: Rosell, IN: Second Place | The 2013-2014 Season Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    good question. this article by allas provides an answer.

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yeah Ive read that before.. also a while back there was talk about Xavi bossing in the dressing room, can anyone remember if it was under Tito or Pep!?

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    maybe you're thinking of the victorious second leg vs milan last season, when tito was in NYC getting treatment. supposedly it was xavi's idea to switch to switch to a 3-4-3 with villa playing in front of messi.

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I always liked the idea of messi playing right behind an imposing striker.

The interlinking can be devastating.

I think barca should move on from messi being the focal point.

Have strong physical striker up top.

Alexis/Pedro on one wing, neymar on another wing. Messi in the hole.

Etc etc

Forzabarca, puyol and Mengão86 repped this.
  5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would like to see Barca buy a proper striker, but all the ones I'd like to see have signed for other clubs or we could not afford, I.e Aguero, Lewy, Falcao, Suarez, Diego Costa, etc, etc. I'd also like to Simeone as our new manager, but given the board want a yes man and not someone who will stand up to them that ain't gonna happen.

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do you guys think of Mandz?

He already plays in a possession style team, he's not going to be happy playing second fiddle to lewa..

He's a very hard working, defensively solid striker. His hold up play and his areal ability is top class.

That's all you really need him for. Someone to be on the end of crosses, someone to hold up play and open space for messi from behind..

His weakness would not be noticed in this system.

Probably 25-30 mil

inswinger and KluivertsBoots repped this.
  7. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dhajj, if permitted to actually spend money, Mandzukic is probably the best quality for the best price. Much will depend on the new manager and how he feels- which is anyone's guess at this point.

Jackson Martinez is my preferred, but his price tag stands to increase from the current 30 or so million since he will be Colombia's feature forward this summer.

8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we had a chance with Tevez with him up for grabs and we ********ed that up as well

9. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What's the latest on the transfer ban?

We've appealed, and FIFA is currently contemplating their verdict, right? How long can it take to say "nah, you broke the rules and we aren't Fifalona, so no new CBs for you"?

Then we appeal to some other place, I guess.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are a lot of players the club could have gone for, but given that Rosell and his cronies had planned all along to splurge 100 million on Neymar it was all academic.

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

If you have plans to rebuild the stadium for 600M€ then there should be no problem with finding funds to strengthen the real thing needing refurbishing, The SQUAD!! If Rossell could find a way to cut deficit and at the same time buy Neymar for ~100M€.. well then there is a way. Who wants to go see games at Nou Nou Camp when Barcelona fights for EL spot!?

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leaving aside the issue of the transfer ban, it's not a question of whether or not they buy players, they have to buy players otherwise next season will be worse than this one and this one had a 100 million Euro signing.

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    even if we decide and can buy players, with Zubi in charge will get the wrong ones.

Zubi should be out.

Forzabarca repped this.
  14. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Goal is reporting that Barca is seriously considering selling Messi this summer...what are your views.

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What source is Goal citing, because they always get their info from other sources and translate it to english. They rarely have an 'exclusive'.
    Or you can post the link from Goal.

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#641 Forzabarca, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...na-should-consider-selling-messi?ICID=HP_HN_1

Well.. will we have another 2011 summer transfer drama!?

U cant usually trust goal but this is not something out of the blue.. there have been signs here and there. Barcelona are in a peculiar situation.. they risk new contract with Messi slowly declining and losing the opportunity for large sum of cash (or another glorious 4-5 years) or they ship him off for 200-250M€ and get lucky with him declining or see him comeback and destroy everything with 4 new ballon dórs. Ohh the dilemma Rossell caused with Neymar!!

Its 50-50% for me. Id like to know whats going on first..

17. Hecklin Von Dutch

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Would be funny if after all these negative talk, RM and AM losing a game and draw some and we lifted the thropy. :p

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    the whole board should be out. a lot of tough decisions need to be made this summer, and these people should not be the ones making them.

R.Baggio repped this.
  20. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Alexis argued with Tata for playing with Cesc instead of him in the dressing room before the game , then after the game finished he went to Tata and told him " YOU ARE A COWARD" and refused to take the silver medal even with Puyol trying to calm him down.

*waiting for @condor11 to quickly come and defend Tata as usual*

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got a link for that particularly salacious tidbit?

And come on, be more respectful of other cules. This isn't the LPB forum ffs.

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

LINK

puyol repped this.
  23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I haven't disrespected anyone , and if you are saying pointing to someone for defending Tata is considered an " Insult " then you're the one who is declaring anyone who defends him an idiot not me o_O

24. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    sounds like Alexis is a frustrated player

by the way Alexis allegedly said Wimp not coward according to the link provided;) and I am sure he now regrets those words (under Pep and Alex Ferguson he would be gone next season)

I would like to know how someone that starts with two very attacking fullbacks and hardly any protection from counterattacks can be considered a coward

like I said I have no issue with questioning his tactics but to call him a coward is low blow

25. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Translation of another article said he called him a coward , same thing really :cautious:

and as for the attacking full backs well ... we have been playing that for a long time with having the wingers tracking back , are you implying that cesc is better defensivly than pedro or alexis ? hell no they can track back and intercept so many balls when needed.

but it seems you are satisfied with our team not being able to do anything in front , just sit back and pass , no counter , no attack , no shit , no wonder you love that pussy of a coach.

and please don't talk about "His" Tactics , he only copies from previous failed tactics that never worked , cesc false #9 , iniesta as a winger , and lately he did both of those for the ultimate failed combination , what a great innovative coach he is .... :unsure: