Out of the Shadows: FCD BigSoccer Supporters, Show Yourselves!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Valerie Simmons

Sep 2, 2000
    Burkburnett, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I monitor and read, and don't comment very often. I learn a lot from everyone else. I've always been a Dallas till i die, even before ya'll came up with the phrase!
    love bigsoccer

2. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it the Soccer Post? I bought my Aztex jersey there.

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - thank you all for coming by. It is truly appreciated.

chris

4. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Balonpie!!!
    LOVE FCD but am missing the old team..... Only a few "originals" were left and I think now they are all gone. Things also changed alot when we lost BR19. I miss the fight this team had, the family feel of the team and the PASSION of the fans.... Now it seems that all the "fans" do is argue and move the supporters groups around the stadium and split up. Bah humbug. :) These days, it's hard to be a fan!!!

Hopefully things will turn around.......

CHEERS!!!!!

5. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Euless, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I joined Big Soccer in 2002 and have 25 post. That should show you how much of a lurker I am. I come here very often and read quite a bit. But I leave all the discussion to those who have more passion for the club. I want to be a hardcore supporter of FCD but I've pretty much become apathetic not only about FCD but the MLS in general. Especially with the amount of international soccer we can now watch in the states. (FOX Soccer, BeINSport)

I still follow and support but I just feel like the club is missing out on so much being where they are. My opinion about their location is tired and old, I get it. I wish they were more centrally located. But this is why I don't post much about it. Because it even annoys me to hear this tired discussion. It is what it is. And I think that is what has happened to the vibe of this club. It is what it is. Pretty much meh.

Soyrizo and Barega repped this.
  6. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understand how you feel.
    I've been a season ticket holder since about 2002. I went through the decrease in atmosphere with they left the Cotton Bowl. Atmosphere may not be back to what it was, but I feel it's ramping up (even during this last season of badness). I hope you get to check it out at least occasionally.

TacoKid repped this.
  7. tenorintro

tenorintro New Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started reading the forum a couple of years ago when I moved up here after college. Got my first set of season tickets in 2011, but didn't feel inspired to post until this season. I'm not a massive poster anyway, but I do like to share my two cents if I feel I can answer somebody's question or have something constructive to offer a debate/discussion. The biggest reason I stopped posting was just due to the off-season, but I've been known to comment over at Big D Soccer from time to time as well.

Great to be here.

8. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    I'm in and out. more in than out, but both though. A new coach and I would be more in. As far as posting, its a been there, already said that, sort of thing. Or, someone has already said what I would say. However, I still like to hear what people have
    to say and to share. I would appreciate more information like there used to be here. \

Cheers

9. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schellas had an "approach" which eventually got us to the MLS finals one year. Then player turnover and injuries prevented any chance of a repeat performance. After a while, I figured out I did not like Schellas tactics at all; he seems to overly rely on individual talent/speed to make things happen and it looked pretty ugly after a while. I preferred the "styles" of other teams which seemed to have a more "coherent" and "beautiful" approach to the game. I worry his early "success" will not be repeated as other coaches may have figured out how to play against his tactics.

Also, the FCD Academy is alleged to be one of the best in MLS; yet it does not seem to be translating to "quality" minutes from Academy graduates on Schellas' team. Why is that ?

A combination of unattractive SH tactics, a decline in the supporters section (e.g. Inferno wound up moving to the Beer Garden where the atmosphere was actually getting better) and personal issues has dampened my enthusiasm for the team.