Alert: Our #1 Michael Bradley...

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Tru Fan 07, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Thread moved.

2. theerobmoyer2

theerobmoyer2 Member

May 19, 2008
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know bradley plays a lot because of his dad but I think he is pretty good anyway...i would take him over clark and he is a toss-up for me with torres just because i have only seen torres play a few times.

3. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    Oh your answer is fine. The only thing you left out is that Michael's career looked like it was going to take off, but despite having a great year for Heerenveen, he got signed for a newly-promoted team from the Bundesliga. That was at the very least a disappointing turn of events. But it certainly makes sense to start Michael in this game. I just wish a soccer journalist had compelled Bob to make the answer which you just provided. It seems like he just doesn't get a lot of questions about Michael; I would speculate because reporters don't want to offend Bob and are afraid they may touch off a nerve if they ask about his son.

4. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Genarro Gattusso. That's one destroyer that comes to mind. Pretty much every team that has a truly gifted attacking midfielder has some sort of pitbull type player in behind them. But you've clearly demonstrated that you know nothing at all about soccer, so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

5. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    When is the last time the U.S. lost by multiple goals? England, a year ago? When was the last time before that? Argentina at the Copa America? Needless the say, the U.S. doesn't lose all that often, and when they do, its rarely ever by multiple goals.

6. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    As a member of the US soccer journalist "fraternity", and as a person that has sat in on dozens of press conferences with Bob, and has interviewed him dozens of times at various training camps, I can tell you that BB has fielded tons of questions about his son. He usually gives a very generic answer or steers his answer towards talking about the entire team. It is a subject he does not like to talk about it, and asking the same question over and over again has never illicited a different response from Bradley.

I could ask you a 1000 times what your pin number is for your bank card and you're never going to tell me - no matter how many times is ask. So why is it that morons like yourself just assume that journalists aren't asking certain questions?

Bradley has always tried to deflect attention off of any one player and put the focus on the entire team. Read any interview that he's ever given. When asked about any specific player he'll give a brief answer about that given player and then he almost always steers his answer back to how that player fits within the team concept. That is just his philosophy. When it comes to his son, even when he has a good game, you never hear him dote more praise on him than other players.

Journalists ask questions, but they don't badger someone about the same topic over and over again if they know what the response is going to be or if they know that its a subject that the interviewee doesn't like to talk about. It's called survival. If I want to be granted access to the coach, its probably a good idea not to label my self as the retarded monkey that asks the same annoying questions every single time I interview the head coach. If there is a pertinant new question involving MB, then I ask it. But to ask the same thing over and over hoping one day I might get a different answer is only going to assure that I won't be given the chance to ask that question or any other question at a later date.

7. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    He was referring to the Brazil friendly in which Mike electrified his fans and well, didn't impress the rest of us. The legendary defensive performance (he kicked people) in which he gave up a silly penalty in a multiple goal loss. Are you a print journalist?

8. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    yes...no more clues. And that Brazil game was a lot closer than the final score. If not for a dive by Dani Alves late in that game that led to a free kick goal we're looking at a much more respectable scoreline.

9. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    bump, Mother ********er

10. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    michael bradley!!!!!

11. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    Just to show that I'm not full of shit. Halftime. Sideline reporter asks about Michaels goal. Bob says its all about the team. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh, and Baby Bradley isn't doing too shabby. Even without the goal he's been one of the best players on the field so far. Hmm...wonder if the haters are still going to be out in force???

12. aaronbrown

aaronbrown Member

May 6, 2004
    San Diego
    Cognitive Dissonance.

13. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They always will be.

Even without the goal, Bradley is looking exactly like he belongs on the field so far throughout the first half.

45 minutes (and another goal ;) ) to go.

14. Haddamlion

Haddamlion New Member

Feb 4, 2008
    ....you were saying?...

15. DUFC206

DUFC206 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THERE'S ONLY ONE MICHEAL BRADLEY!!! shut up you haters!

16. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree, BMG are a great club and the perfect fit for Bradley. They've got tradition and prestige, great fans, young and very promising players. Not to mention, Meyer is a very good coach who is understanding of young players.

The team is too talented to get relegated from the Bundesliga and if Bradley doesn't do well there, its his fault. He's competing against very good teammates.

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    bump BITCH!

18. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, okay, I'll admit it.... Bradley had a good night :)

19. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I bet you just feel like a retard now, eh?

:D :D :D

20. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    I feel prophetic right about now. And yes, my arm is getting sore from patting myself on the back.

21. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Best.Thread.Ever.

22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, the timing of these things is just amazing. It's almost as if god himself took time out today to point out how stupid you are.

LOL!

23. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nepotism FTW

:D

24. Billl

Billl Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Long Island, New York
    Thank God for Nepotism.

25. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, damn. I've bashed Michael Bradley tons of times but I guess its time to join The Club.