Ottawa Will Now Enter NASL in 2014

Discussion in 'Ottawa Fury FC' started by Prosoccercdn, May 1, 2012.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They could use a redesign on their logo for sure, but the name is fine. Much better than Ottawa City FC or what ever else they could dream up.

Personally, I see a bidding war between the Fury and the Cosmos for Ricky Hill :D

2. MadAdam4

MadAdam4 Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the case, then I would expect a good amount of money in exchange for Ricky Hill.

...oh, and we'll throw in Shane Hill as a freebie. ;)

SoccerPrime repped this.
  3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was waiting for someone to say that.

Ricky Hill is a good coach, but I don't think the Cosmos would be very high on him and Ottawa probably has a decent coach or two in their organization that they want to use (think PDL).

4. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure they will follow BC Place's example of non permanent lines so both the CFL Lions and the Whitecaps just put there temp lines in when they play. Tarping the upper deck should be done for sure, and also tarp some of the upper end zone like the Whitecaps do as well and maybe have about 10,ooo until/if demand gets higher.

I'm not sure if tarping is expensive but Ft Lauderdale should definately do it at Lockhart.

5. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I didn't think about BC Place's example. That is encouraging to know. Without gridiron lines, if they have a debut like San Antonio, the stadium will be just fine. If they are near the league average, then it is going to be tough to create a decent atmosphere.

6. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  7. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Some tidbits from last weeks meeting between Ottawa's President & Coach and a group of about 60 fans :

- Confirmed Ottawa Fury FC will start in the Spring Season and play their first few home games in a smaller stadium until the Landsdown reno/rebuild is complete June 1.

- Looking for other options for a 2nd(reserve/academy) team when asked if they will field a PDL team next season.

- They will have the upper decks of the stadium closed and are still deciding on configuration for seating layout for NASL games.

8. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any news about how many Season Tickets for Ottawa so far?

9. penske

penske Member

Feb 21, 1999
    NYC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't that mean they won't play there for the entire Spring schedule, yeah I realize that only means missing either 4 or 5 games. I say 4 or 5 since I assume the spring schedule will only be 9 games with the Cavalry likely not to ever make a charge.

10. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ceezmad repped this.
  11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  12. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They should make their logo a stag.

13. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Any information on the success of season ticket sales?

14. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  15. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    This has success written all over it for the OSEG and the Fury.

Along with the already popular OHL 67's the NASL Fury and the CFL REDBLACKS could sell more merchandies this off season then other clubs in their respective leagues. Plus they will hae a whole season of 67's home games to sell merchandise for the Fury and REDBLACKS.

The little talk about NWSL expansion in Canada has been about Vancouver and Toronto but with the Fury already having a franchise in the W -League, a stadium in need of more events, and the ability to add another clubs merchandise to the the merchandise store they may be the best equiped in which to do so.

16. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So...how's everything coming? Any figures for season ticket sales? Any idea on the amount of support?