Other teams .......

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why the need to use the name of ICXC in vain?

It was for business.

Between 2006-2009 I spent ~180 days in India and it was undoubtedly the most fascinating trips that I had. I saw some local football and cricket matches. Travelled a fair bit around the country and was impressed how the people in the country were improving their quality of life.

Maybe it doesn't hit the fancy of many people, but I thoroughly enjoyed the country and the people.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I refuse to visit any country with snakes that are bigger than me.

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A teacher told me about this after El Clasico and I blew it off as a bitter Madrista upset about being dominated year after year. Today he actually provided some facts that are making me think there's some truth to it. Not the first time something we think is pure would be tainted to such an extent...

Its true that Guardiola got caught using Nandrolene and suspended while escaping time behind bars (one of the drugs Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens used).

Its true his doctor at Brescia was the current doctor at Barca (doped several other athletes including David Meca a open water swimming beast).

Its true Messi always used to have muscle tears in his hamstring ´05-´07 and he's an absolute raging bull, strong as an ox when taking body contact on the ball (Iniesta still gets hurt all the time).

Not sure if its true that they missed training sessions cause of known doping tests. That would be a HUGE red alarm wow...

Found this, its pretty crazy. Any of you hear something about this????

http://www.europeanboard.net/t23100-the-barcelona-doping-scandal

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember Messi ever being injury prone prior to 2008. He broke his foot once from memory but you're article is vague, just calling them injury prone. Messi obviously had his weird growth problems as a kid, so he obviously took some kind of growth hormones. There doesn't seem to be much in your link concrete other than just some random accusations with vague support.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if it were true, but from what I understand UEFA tests are much more stringent than any American sports are. *Cough NFL cough*

I smell bogus, but one thing for sure. Arsenal need to get some of those protein drinks.

5. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Messi tore his hamstring muscles badly at least twice from '05-'07, maybe a 3rd time and missed about 2 months at a time because of the injury. I specifically remember watching a game where he took a big burst to get by a defender on the touch line and him just pulling up mid sprint turning to the bench and asking for a sub, I was like 'wow again???' I thought he would never achieve greatness because of silly injuries like that kept happening to him.

The fact Guardiola got caught doping is shocking to me, especially that he was supposed to serve jail time. His lawyers got him off the hook. So fukin weird that the doctor from Brescia where he got caught is one of the doctors in Barca when he took over as coach lol.

6. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I always knew there was something to the Barca players being able to run around like crazy for 90 mins lol.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's all the feedback this got? lol ok

8. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I honest to God have always been suspicious of Barca in this regard, but I've always chalked it up to me being a cynical bastard.

I didn't read the article but do you think the treatment they gave Messi for his hormone disorder had banned substances involved?

******** it I'm going to make a thread on XT about this even though I'll get smashed for it.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are banned substances in so many things. I bet half of us would fail drug tests. I'm sure the stuff Messi took as a kid would be banned by most sporting agencies, except that he had a legitimate medical condition so......

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The key here is Guardiola anyway, you know the old saying, "where there's smoke...."

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its like he's overcompensating to prove his innocence by having this doctor join Barca with him. So f'n weird...honestly don't know what to think. If he was guilty it would be retarded to bring this guy with you. But at the same time this doctor is a known supplier of illegal performance enhancing drugs just like the guys who supplied Bonds, Clemens etc.

12. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    That could very well be, and with a touch of "Kiss my ass" to it.

13. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did anyone watch the Clasico?

14. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No because the result is already known Barca > Real most overhyped game in sports.

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep and we can conclude that Real Madrid are garbage. They spent a billion dollars to play like an angry version of Stoke.

16. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's amazing is that Real are probably the 2nd best team in the world right now, though. I don't know about others, but I'd fancy Real to beat Milan, Inter, Bayern, United, City, etc.

But Mourinho was essentially hired to win the CL and beat Barcelona, and neither plan is going well at the moment.

17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Is there any surprise by the result?

Although Real are top of La Liga with 18 games gone and hold a 5 point lead. Barca hasn't been as brutal against their opponents this season.

The question is whether Real will hold on to win the Championship. If Real doesn't win from here. The ECL is still an option. It will be interesting to see what happens to Mourinho if Real don't win anything....

Maybe a return to the EPL.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see Real holding on for the League title, simply because they have the depth in their squad to play fresher players against Real Betis etc.

Barcelona are very reliant on a small group of players who obviously can't play every game.

19. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Saw the first half. What happened with Pepe? Heard he was being a douche again.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He stepped on Messi's hand intentionally when he was on the ground and got away with it. He's like the only player I can say that I really hate. Mourinho played him in midfield and he went off stepping and kicking at every leg he could fine.

But he got owned by Puyol on the corner so in the end he got his lol. Front cover of MARCA today was epic, said 'the never ending story' and had the pic of Puyol celebrating his goal haha

21. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw that Taye Taiwo is joining QPR after only a half-season at Milan. Nice pick-up for them, I wonder why he didn't play at all in Italy?

22. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There's something called video replay which is very self-incriminating.

‘Shameful’ Pepe under fire after Messi stamp

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Is that official? Heard he was possibly going to PSG etc. Told my bro whose a big Milan fan he'd love Taiwo before the season, really surprised it hasn't worked out. Thought he'd be an upgrade for him. He was really good for Marseille over the years.

He should definitely be suspended a minimum of 3 games as a repeat offender who almost killed somebody by swinging wildly at the back of their head on a football pitch. Normal behavior only for Mourinho and g74

24. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that the Taiwo deal was official on a Portuguese site that's usually good about transfers, but I didn't see anything on QPR's website confirming it.

Looks like they also got Onuoha, that Nigerian defender from Man. City.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay new game, best team born in the 1990s.

I'm going 4-3-3

Hazard-Neymar-Gotze
    ---------Kroos
    -----Wilshere-M'Vila
    Gibbs--Sakho--Jones-Walker
    ------Szczney

Need help mainly with the backline, as I only threw in Gibbs, Walker and Jones for lack of better ideas.