Other teams .......

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...mesut-ozil-importance-real-madrid-michael-cox

Excellent article by my favorite soccer, or anysport writer, for that matter.

Kaka part very good.

2. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good article, I think Madrid should swall their pride and sell him this summer even at a huge loss from what they bought him for. It's just not gonna work out, and I think Kaka could probably help out another team as a secondary striker or whatever.

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    He goes back to Sao Paolo I bet.

4. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but I don't know if that would be realistic from a financial standpoint. As we've discussed before, Brasilian clubs are very poor, so perhaps a loan could be worked out.

I personally think he should return to Serie A and give that one more crack before heading home.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brasilian clubs aren't poor anymore. Santos just upped Neymar's contract to match offers from Real Madrid and Barcelona. Apparently there is a new TV deal with quite a bit of money entering the market over there.

6. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's true that some of the clubs are coming into more money, but the pressure to sell top players and work within a strict budget is still there, even for the top clubs. And the biggest indicator of this, IMO, is the inconsistency of the top clubs from year to year, which has more to do with their instability than with the balance of the league. You just don't see that in Europe.

--For example, Flamengo (most popular club in Brazil) won the Brasilerao in 2009 but were almost relegated in 2010.

--Fluminense (another popular club from Rio) won the Brasilerao in 2010, but sold their best player to a club in China during the middle of last season because they were cash-strapped.

--Santos won the Libertadores (South America's version of the CL) in 2011, but finished in 10th in the Brasilerao that year and were never a threat for the title.

--So basically top clubs like Santos might spend tons of money to keep a Neymar, but the big transfer signings for these teams are past-their prime players like Deco (Fluminense), Juninho (Vasco), Rivaldo & Luis Fabiano (Sao Paolo), Adriano and Liedson (Corinthians), Ronaldinho (Flamengo), etc.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Great article. Its true, Ozil has looked indifferent at times but still just brilliant most of the season. Him, Iniesta and Silva are my favorite players outside of Messi who is not human.

Nailed the part about Kaka too. Seedorf and Rui Costa provided the creativity and Kaka used his deceptive speed with that long easy stride to ghost by defenders (he was creative too lets not get it twisted). The part about his body type is something I touched on earlier this week. Some players can't help but get a little bigger as they get in their late 20's and that little bit of extra weight hurts their confidence imo. I mentioned Rooney as an example, he's always been a thicker guy with huge thighs, but I've noticed he's gotten even a little bigger in the past couple months.

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Interesting article. All of the bottom half La Liga teams lead Europe in ball winning defensively. Its cause like I said this week, they aren't afraid to play attacking futbol, only in the Camp Nou do they get turned upside down.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/01/13/rayo-vallecano-interceptions/

Barca btw have 13 wins and 2 draws at Camp Nou this season. Only Milan and Real have managed to score on them. 63 goals for, 4 goals against ;) The only other draw besides Milan's fortunate 2-2 escape was a 0-0 result with Sevilla when Sevilla's goalie put in a jaw dropping performance, even saving Messi's pk in the 90th min...

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Did Vince Kompany get a 4 match ban for his red card v. Man Utd??? this sport is so stupid sometimes lol I hate it

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    That was a legit yellow imo.

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Redknapp's dumbass running his mouth all week about how Spurs doing it without spending money like City blah blah. Yea its true, but your a dumbass for saying it at this stretch. Also he's an idiot for playing Adebayor every game, he's needed a rest for like a month now. Dropped points today they really shouldn't have before the match with City next week. I think City is vulnerable though, with no Yaya Toure and Savic playing CB for them they can drop points I think. All depends on if Silva, Aguerro and Balotelli are in really good form imo, or else I think they can drop some more points.

12. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah City have been on a poor stretch.... the reality of their position may be catching up with them a bit.

I agree Redknapp is a moron. Can't stand him as a person.... and he isn't much of a tactician but a rah rah man manager. He did however put the players in the right roles to succeed here.

Lets not cry too much Redknapp, you aren't Norwich City here, Bale- Modric--VDV-Parker-Lennon could be considered the best MF in the Premier League.

Still I want the Spurs to break in, got nothing against them really, their fans deserve some success.

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea great to see Spurs finally up there. They've played some erotic football this season.

Btw did you know Bob Bradley is coaching Egypt? lol

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's known as the Pharaoh I believe.

[​IMG]

:)

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    LOL you make that? :D

18. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Robin Pires is going to sign a 7 week contract with some Indian club according to the Guardian. Just can't imagine someone like him playing in that wasteland of a football league lol.

19. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Your arrogance shows....

India with the surge of investment and economic improvements is looking to improve its league.

The 20-20 cricket league has been an outstanding success.

Why shouldn't football try the same?

During my 7 visits to India between 2006-2009 I saw more EPL, La Liga and Seria A on TV than anywhere else where I had travelled.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its a 6 team league so they only have to play 10 games. That's the only reason these guys are doing it. Pretty awesome to see some of those names.

Can't believe Anelka went to China rather than MLS. He doesn't care about quality of footy though I bet, he's going to be incredibly popular and that's prolly more what he's looking for. To feel special again.

21. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ, were these for business or pleasure? If it's the latter, I have to admit that India might literally be the last place on earth that I'd be interested in visiting haha. :D

22. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Because this is a sport and they're Indian. lol.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly no. I have no photoshop skills. I wanted to find a picture of him in an Egyptian track suit, but that was all they had.

24. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Only a moskal' would reply in such a manner....

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Since you mentioned moskal.....

Сидит хохол с удочкой, рыбу ловит. Вдруг поймал Золотую рыбку, она и
    говорит:
    - Отпусти меня, я любые твои три желания исполню!
    - Ладно,- говорит хохол,- а нехай Монголия на Финляндию нападэ.
    Поднялась тут вся Монголия, на боевой технике, на конях, кто на чём и
    помчались прямиком на Финляндию и захватили её.
    - Давай теперь второе желание.
    - Нехай теперь Финляндия на Монголию нападэ.
    Воспряла тут Финляндия духом, выбила монголов из своей страны и погнала их в
    Монголию и захватила её.
    - Ну давай теперь третье, последнее желание, - говорит Золотая рыбка.
    - А нехай теперь Монголия с Финляндией помиряться и полонными обмэняються.
    И тут помирились Монголия с Финляндией и отправились пленные каждый в свою
    страну. Отпустил хохол Золотую рыбку и сидит опять, рыбачит. Через некоторое
    время выныривает Золотая рыбка и спрашивает хохла:
    - Слушай, я никак не пойму, а зачем тебе всё это надо было?
    - А нехай они москалям всю картоплю потопчуть.