Other teams .......

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude it's Real Madrid!

2. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree with RC here because 2+ years without a major title is simply unacceptable for a club of Madrid's stature. The bottom line is that Mourinho had 2 main tasks when he was given this job - beat Barcelona and win the CL. So if they don't win the CL this year and blow the league to Barca, I just can't see how you justify to the fans about bringing Mourinho back when all previous managers at the club were held to the same standard and eventually fired when the goals weren't met.

3. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This is like a viscous cycle now, this team needs stability not a new coach every two friggin' years.

4. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assume most of you saw the Crouch goal against City, but wow! What a strike.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7SABWaduPo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7SABWaduPo[/ame]

5. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Damn, very nice. Crouch has always been underrated as a footballer.

6. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I really wish I would have seen that live...I probably would have been blown away.

Yaya Toure also scored a real screamer from about 35-40 yards out to equalize for City - took a deflection, but still a nice hit.

7. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Can't rate it that highly if it took a deflection, just can't.

8. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah here's a look at it. Goalie definitely would have had it without the deflection, but still impressive to see a guy strike a ball so cleanly from so far out. Ball was still rising on the way in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGzMRI3WJk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGzMRI3WJk[/ame]

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I went to the Fenerbahce v. Galatasaray derby last weekend. Fener's goals were retarded sick, and like 5 minutes apart. We were sitting in the 6th row behind the goals where they happened. The right side of my jaw hurt for 2 days, probably from opening my mouth so wide screaming in disbelief twice in such a short time lol. Here was the first goal by Moussa Sow, one of the craziest moments of my life

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8BYP0kSVHw&list=PLB73A9B911612ED1A&index=7&feature=plpp_video"]Moussa Sow | Fenerbahce 2 - 2 galatasaray | HD | - YouTube[/ame]

10. Hopper10

Hopper10 Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Glad to see Canada win today against an embarrassing American team. Now if only Ukraine could pull off the same results against better opponents.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:

12. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow unbelievable goal, I'm so jealous that you got to attend that derby. Was the atmosphere and intensity everything that it's cracked up to be? And was there any violence among the fan groups?

13. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Atmosphere was the best I've ever been to but still a let down from videos I've seen from them. They banned flares this season supposedly, and the huge banners and mosiac before the match wasn't as epic as I've seen. That was something I was looking forward to the epic prematch pageantry.

Also the Gala fans weren't allowed in this match. Instead the Fener fans were fighting and slapping each other in the face all around me lol, saw at least 3 fights it was crazy :D atmosphere died down in the 2nd half as Gala were dominating and tied the game 2-2 everyone was in shock. But then 85th minute the girl ultra group of 1,000 to our side broke out 2 epic songs that got the stadium singing again.

Fenerbahce is a special club. Kadikoy is a nice suburb of Istanbul on the Asian side, lots of cool restaurants and bars in that area. The club has a cool low key neighborhood feel to it. Their apparel game is sooo sick too. The way they use the blue, yellow, white and green on their jerseys and scarfs is really fashionable. The best are the fan groups jackets, they look so cool, their apparel game is world class.

Because of fan trouble at the Gala match (throwing stuff on the field, hitting Gala's coach with a coin opening a cut on his eyebrow) men were banned from last nights match. This season Turkey has a new rule, instead of playing behind closed doors, women and kids under 12 can attend. The Fener girls are epic look at the video. Last night I think there were 50,000 in attendance, almost full house. Such a cool intriguing story to me. Nobody sits the entire game, and they know the songs just like the guys. Like I said, in the derby 1,000 chicks outvoiced the stadium. Its a very special club.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUHFBt4WQU&list=PLB73A9B911612ED1A&index=3&feature=plpp_video"]Fenerbahce Sports Club ( 41.633 Female Fans ) Record - YouTube[/ame]

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    They went to Istanbul in Football Factory and the Fener fans were much more chill than the aggressive Gala fans.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha yea I remember that. Gala fans must be so pissed he painted them in that light. He'd get shanked if they see him again.

Btw I was standing right outside that McD's where the Leeds fans got murked. That is right in the center of the city, crazy!

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I prefer Sporting, Benfica reminds me too much of Spartak. From the colors to the arrogant "People's Team" crap.

Back to Turkey, Fener always seemed like a family club to m. I was under the impression that Gala was an upper class club (despite the crazy fans) and Besiktas a working class one. Obviously these distinctions are probably severely outdated.

If you think about it, Ukraine and Russia are two rare cases where there are virtually no class, sectarian, political divisions amongst the fan bases.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well because if Portugal was Russia, all of Sporting's fans would have been killed. :)

By the way, I"m watching Rangers-Celtic on DCR right now. If they had a league for atmosphere and fan support through the TV, these two would be champion's of the world.

On the field however, they might struggle to beat MLS sides. Just absolutely dreadful stuff. The most stereotypical long ball I've seen. Can't count a time where the two teams put three passes together.

19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What when was this?

20. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Steve McMahnamon is just awful.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hater

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think you're right for the most part. All the Gala presidents come from this super prestigious French (I think) university right in the middle of the city. Besiktas stadium is right on the bosphurus in this cool neighborhood close to the Ataturk palace. That stadium has sick acoustics, they play Turkey matches there sometimes even those its old as hell. Btw Gala has a brand new world class stadium now. Prolly will get a UCL Final there in the next 5 years or so.

My friend was really hopeful Fener would sign Sheva before he went back to Dynamo. I couldn't see it happening, but after being around Kadikoy for 5 days I could've totally seen it being a good fit. Sheva needs to feel the love, and Fener is that special kind of place. They still talk highly of Rebrov cause he assisted in a Gala derby lol

Fener also has a Death Match type of story like Dynamo. When England controlled them, Fener players were like helping move guns on the front line loading boats etc. They won the Harrington Cup, a tournament the British set up to play. Brought in a strong English team and even made this big beautiful trophy and Fener beat them and now the trophy is resting in the front of their museum.

23. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am crushingly disapointed in the USA u23s. I had tickets to the semis and finals in KC.

I know Olympic football is considered a sideshow, but I was pretty excited for the matches.

THis is what happens when you send an amature coach to do a pro's job.

:mad::mad::mad:

24. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Chelsea win 1-0, Madrid leave it late to smash APOEL 0-3.
    Pretty standard, I was thinking Benfica would play a bit more of a pressing game and try to maybe get a goal in the first half, but they were very inert and in the end payed for it. Benfica certainly are still in this, but I think it will be difficult for them psychologically going to Stamford Bridge knowing they have to score.

Of course I'm also really looking forward to tomorrows Milan-Barca game. It should be a really good match, although Thiago Silva is out, and that Milan back 4, looks pretty bad without him in there.

However I'm just as interested in this Bayern game that's coming up. Honestly I feel like Bayern need to make a statement here in front of Real Madrid who will be watching this game very closely. I would really want them to go for it in this game and end the tie in this first game, just like Madrid did it today. A confident Bayern coming into the semi-final vs Madrid in my opinion would make a great semi-final to watch.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vomit inducing