Other teams .......

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Dimuha, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Exactly yasik, EL simply means fck all to Utd. and their fans. They value the FA Cup more for crying out loud.

2. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'd favor Arsenal and Chelsea over them anyday, same with Spurs. That's just me.

And I also doubt that Utd. or City end up 20 points behind second place in Spain. What do you think? :)

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona went to England and embarrassed United last spring. Real Madrid beat Spurs 6-0 on aggregate. I think these teams wouldn't be close, especially this year.

4. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Barca does more than that week in week out in Liga. I know I'm beign hypothetical here but no way do the top English teams end up 20-30 points behind the Spanish champs.

5. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, I rate Barca and Madrid way ahead of anyone in England right now, and probably for the forseeable future unless City improve drastically in the coming years.

On the whole, I'll still take the EPL over La Liga though even with this Bilbao result vs United. I'll still take the group of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc. ahead of Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao, Villarreal, Sevilla, etc. And I would also take the bottom teams in England ahead of those in Spain because I think the former are more willing to grind out an ugly result to stay up, while the latter are still concerned with style to some extent.

6. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last 8:

APOEL vs Madrid (End of the road for the Cypriots I think)
    Marseille vs Bayern (Should be a competitive tie)
    Benfica vs Chelsea (Good draw for Chelsea)
    Milan vs Barcelona (Let's see how good Milan really are)

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern
    Barca
    Chelsea
    Real

Fairly straight forward really.

8. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I think Benfica has a decent chance, they have a lot of individual quality, but I'd favor Chelsea.

I think Milan-Barca might be closer than some think but the Catalans should prevail at the end.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benfica and Marseilles are really the only ones who have a chance to pull an upset in my view.

I think Marseilles are strong enough to slip by Bayern, but if Robben adn Ribery are on form like they are at the moment, it's too much.

I think Barcelona steam rolls Milan.

10. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I have a feeling Benfica-Chelsea is gonna be a similar tie to Napoli-Chelsea. Benfica might be a bit better on defense than Napoli was though. Rui Costa said they fear no one, and I agree to an extent that this Chelsea side is certainly beatable when you realize the strengths and weaknesses of that squad.

11. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think Marseilles are gonna get "shitblasted" off the map by Bayern, especially now that Sweinsteiger is back. Also take into account that the final is in Munich this year and Bayern aren't gonna screw around anymore like they did last year in that epic fail of a game against an already then shitty Inter team. Marseilles looked pretty weak against this year's atrocious Inter Milan side in the Round of 16. I don't give them much hope here.

12. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    btw have you guys seen this? Didier at his best :D :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTeqDGeQEY"]Chelsea v Napoli Drogba Diving and caught on camera - YouTube[/ame]

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me wrong I think Bayern are going to win, but Marseilles have a chance. Unlike any of the Spanish team's opponents.

Also hosting the final has historically been a curse for teams. Last team to win it in their stadium was the 1960s I believe.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    lol

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I agree....ridiculous.

18. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang what a goal from Coates, this actually made SC's top 10 list.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9umu0H5hI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9umu0H5hI[/ame]

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Liverpool suck so much they gave up a 2-0 lead with 15 minutes left to lose 3-2

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    La Liga just got a whole lot more interesting in the past 3 days. Real lose 4 points with late free kicks in both games.

Valencia btw follow up their emphatic 3-0 win at Bilbao this weekend by losing to Zaragoza, easily the worst team in the league. Up 1-0 and with Zaragoza down to 10 men they found a way to lose 2-1, and in Mestalla lol ridic

21. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  22. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Madrid still got a game against valencia and the madrid derby along with the classico so Barca could still win this

23. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that would be an epic collapse if Madrid doesn't win it. If Mourinho doesn't win either La Liga or the CL this year he's got to be fired, it's that simple. At the very least Madrid will be sweating out the rest of the season now.

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol, dumb. Their playing better than they have in years. Turned CR7 into a man, yea fire him lol