Other Teams Thread (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by RiverGaucho, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Woah. What a bunch of cry babies. They played like crap so they should go down like men. If that did happen in Argentina then we would see who are cagones and who still has some dignity. I wonder what Portuguesa is going to do about it

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The saddest thing about all of it is seeing those idiotic Flu fans celebrating in front of the court house... Que sin verguenzas!!!!

For some reason I don't think this is the end of the story.

I think alot of times in Argentina we look at Brazil as if they have all their shit in order, but considering all crap going on with the world cup and people dying, the insane violence in the stands- and not just the paranense vs. vasco debacle, there has been so much violence in brazil lately, remember the corinthians fans even killed a Bolivar fan last season amongst other incidents- and now this...

Their football and their society is just as screwed up, corrupt, and absurd as in Argentina, they just have a very strong currency that makes everything look good on the surface, but Brazil is still a really ********ed up place and will be for a long time, sadly, just like Argentina and the rest of latin america

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When it comes to Brazil, you got to remember, that country is far more unequal than even Argentina. It's easy enough to get envy when you go on vacation in the rich southern part, but northern Brazil is extremely messed up. In Argentina the north is neglected and poor too but northern Argentina has nowhere near the levels of poverty and violence that some parts of Brazil do. That creates problems even in the south, there's still more than enough people desperate for a bribe.

Brazil being so big is one of the reasons they have been able to get so much investment, but it's also why all the money in the world won't be able to solve its problems that easily. And their national government is more competent and less corrupt than in Argentina, but regional governments are just as bad.

Things are messed up in Argentina but a more investment friendly economy won't solve everything, and unfortunately football brings out the worst in people everywhere.

I consider myself both a Fiorentina and a River fan, for me the situations in Europe and the Americas in football is just so different it's possible to have two loyalties much as I'm also a Knicks (ugh), Jets, and Canadiens fan in North American sports.

Of course there is occasionally split loyalties, when Fiorentina wants a River player, but unfortunately losing players is inevitable for the latter, so as long as there's a fair deal...

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To think, the muertos from CASLA won this tournament with 33 points thanks to Tinelli's cash. Remember how they "beat" us... Biggest joke of a penal ever, then saved... And we had 35 points last tournament and didn't win the tournament.

The only thing I really want to see is them get HUMILIATED by Cruzeiro or Mineiro or another Brazilian giant. Like really bad... like a 4 or 5-0 ass whipping in Carrefour

My hatred of San Lorenzo has grown so much in the last 5 years and this tournament has been the culmination... Here in BsAs I have seen so many CASLA shirts in the last few days... Anyone who has even been to Baires for a week vacation knows this is something very, very strange to see a san lorenzo shirt outside of boedo...

God, what injustice they didn't go to the B when they played Instituto in 2012... Tinelli has completely changed this club with his $$.

6. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Knicks....ouch do you want to keep Carmelo or do you care if he leaves?

7. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd rather they trade him for draft picks, this team is a mess.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Estudiantes going after the great Rogelio Funes "D10S" Mori:

Pellegrino sigue con la idea de sumar a un nuevo delantero para terminar con la falta de gol. Y con las expectativas perdidas de sumar a Gonzalo Espinoza, el DT ya tiene un plan B: hacerse de los servicios de Rogelio Funes Mori, actualmente en el Benfica de Portugal. "Hablé con los dirigentes y hay una posibilidad que es remota. Vamos a ver otra chance también. Veremos si tenemos suerte”, confesó el entrenador del Pincha.

http://www.ole.com.ar/estudiantes/posibilidad-remota_0_1079892291.html

Suerte es lo que van a necesitar para que meta un ******** gol!

Meanwhile, Newell's also appear interested in his services in order to continue their policy of pajeros as reinforcements (see Banega..)

Newell's también tiene en sus planes contratarlo y a Funes Mori le gustaría desembarcar en el conjunto rosarino para formar dulpa con su ex compañero David Trezeguet. Claro que el tiempo corre y de querer tenerlo en sus planteles, ambos clubes deberán cerrar las negociaciones antes del viernes por la noche.

Crimson and RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romagnoli, here to provide the comedic relief for the week:

Leandro Romagnoli fue autocrítico sobre lo que hizo el Ciclón en la primera parte, pero remarcó que River le "llegó sin peligro" y que no les "crearon muchas situaciones". "Para mí era empate", aseguró el 10.

“Hubo partidos que no jugamos bien y nos llevamos un punto o tres de más, y ahora que hicimos bien las cosas no pudimos concretar .... era para un empate porque no nos crearon muchas situaciones”.

"Igual ellos nos llegaban sin peligro, tuvieron la de Teo (Gutiérrez) y el gol. Nada más

http://www.ole.com.ar/san-lorenzo/Regalamos-primer-tiempo_0_1094290915.html

LMFAOOOO!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What game did he see?! Dale, contate otra!

debe ser un joda para videomatch esto...

RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL the club is called Club Atletico San Lorenzo de Almagro… Yet they play in Bajo Flores… And they tell everyone they're from Boedo… De que barrio sos de que barrio sos de que barrio sos san lorenzo de que barrio sos?!?!?!?!

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ideal result in Santa Fe as Colon tied 1-1 with Godoy Cruz… Now if we win Thursday night we'll be just 3 points behind the leaders.

Now Gimnasia plays Rafaela I think the ideal result here would be another draw as both the clubs are on 7 points (same as us) which would allow us to pass them both with 3 points in Tigre.

locoxriver repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Happy holidays everyone!

For you ignorant ones out there, God returned to earth on this same day 23 years ago to bless us useless human beings. GRACIAS ROGELIO D10S!

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cuando no?

Guillermo Barros Schelotto crying and using excuses after his team loses. No surprise, it happens EVERY time.

"El primero fue de suerte y el segundo en offside."

“No merecimos irnos perdiendo. En los últimos quince, ellos tuvieron contras. Fuimos a buscar el empate. Se hacía difícil con ellos atrás. Está en la ley del fútbol no querer jugar. Jugamos mejor que el rival. Fuimos superiores cuando el partido estaba empatado. Jugamos como lo hicimos. Merecimos ir ganando y nos fuimos perdiendo”, comentó el DT.

LLORON.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Read the bosteros comments here or on Ole, and even they will tell you how bad they're playing nowadays. Yet Riquelme some how considers having one shot in 90 minutes vs. Quilmes (who are last, btw) a great game for his team:

"Fue un partido bastante bueno, controlamos la pelota todo el partido, merecimos ganar."

"Jugamos mejor que el rival, tendríamos que haber marcado algún gol, terminamos empatando un partido en el cual buscamos durante los 90 minutos."

http://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/futbol/Llegamos-iguales_0_1106889665.html

I don't understand how these bosteros see soccer. First Guille, now Roman.. :confused:

19. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At least the Twins are entertaining to hear them whine out of spite and aggression when they get beat down. But hearing Roman, I feel like someone needs to suggest a suicide hotline for the guy. Even he makes me depressed.

locoxriver repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arsenal clasifico para octavos de final de la copa... Con grondona todo es posible :mad:

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Velez lost earlier today... now San Lorenzo lost 4-1 to Lanus. Unfortunately Estudiantes won vs. a weak Quilmes, but I guess it can't all go our way.

Great results overall, though. I have a feeling the bosteros are going to defeat Colon tomorrow too, but don't count on it.

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm worried Tinelli may have bought the libertadores for San Lorenzo...did you see how little Botafogo was trying in that match?

God i may go as far as to buy a gremio jersey for the next round

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina