Other Teams Thread Pt.XII [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Chingoo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    I think there may have been a news embargo on this Moyes story, that's why all the outlets are suddenly reporting it at the same time.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The guardian article predated by quite a bit of time. There's no formal embargo on these types of stories because that would imply the team was involved.

Thus other outlets usually try to up the level of story to hide the fact that they were beaten to the story, by either reporting on possible successors or putting exact timeframe on canning, etc.

6. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Yeah I think the club might be involved on this one. On my browser the guardian article is shown published 10 US eastern, which I think is 3pm in Britain. The reports came out around 2 ish British time I think?

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2357 skimmilk, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    they're not. Again, embargo = official club story and cannings are never official club story until its a done deal. Moyes is still managing as of now. Thus sky said other unconfirmed reports. But less savory organizations (and who I'm particularly pointing out is ESPNFC) will just make up their own sources and claim it as their own.

EDIT: Whoa got telegraph and guardian mixed up in my head (which compounds my point sadly). My point is not to credit or discredit any source, but pointing out how ridiculous all these places are with reporting ethics without proper attribution.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Yeah it's kind of sad that Goal.com can get just as much credit posting the same thing that a more reputable outlet put up just a minute before.

Looking through red cafe the consensus from United fans seems to be that this is a premeditated move by the club for whatever reason. The nebulous wording would all be a part of it. They've done this before many times (release of Alex Ferguson's book for example), just that usually it's til night so the news can be printed for the morning. You're right it would coincide with some official club story. But perhaps it's not a coincidence that the journos put it out just before the NYSE opened for today, and the official announcement would come later maybe tomorrow thru New York once everything is set in stone. Admittedly I don't know sht about PR or the stock market so I'll stop there, but it all just seems kind of weird.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Given the quality of reporters giving this weight (aka not the Sun or Daily Mirror), I'd imagine the sources are real but its not a premeditated embargoed release as yes, there are financial regulation issues in leaking this sort of info; the only news on Bloomberg and the like is re-hash of print articles; and there is nothing to gain by publishing this story with legit United stamp of approval ahead of actual canning.

That said, I do think the leak was intentional to provide fan momentum to pressure Moyes into resigning rather than getting sacked due to financial issues of 6 year contract. You leak to one legit site and bad sites will parrot the news in seconds in this day and age of internet. I bet half the english tabloids already had this written up after the weekend result.

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I vote for Ryan Giggs

[​IMG]

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't envy whoever is going to take over. There's more pain rather than less coming up.

13. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's gonna be someone who's got some clout when it comes to transfer targets. at least someone with a prolific record that other players would believe will return united to the top. so van gaal might make sense. would be funny if he snubs spurs now for the united job.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...upport-of-the-clubs-Glazer-family-owners.html

15. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Building a club up is a multiple year project. What happened to the Glazers when they said they knew it was a signing for the long haul? Don't expect Moyes to pull lightning out of his ass right after Alex ********ing Ferguson retired. It's impulse firings like these that screw over clubs.

16. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The players doubted him and players like van Persie/welbeck were openly criticizing him. He hasn't gotten one single player to do better than before.

Money was made available to him and he goes out and buys huge in the one position where he has tons of players and extends nani. (I find Rooney and fellaini bad business too but more in the line of new manager mistakes)

He looked totally clueless when he said that it was only a couple unlucky breaks that they lost this past weekend. He has no idea what's wrong.

And unfairly or not you had Everton running amazingly well without him

It was long overdue. Moyes was a mistake in the first place and no amount of waiting was going to fix it. And at the end of the day, will have had a longer run that most premier league managers.

18. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Glazers probably expected, at a minimum, CL next year and that stipulation was probably included in Moyes' contract. The rumors of the imminent sacking shortly after their CL exit seem too coincidental and tbh this 'firing' doesn't seem impulsive at all. Moyes failed pretty hard this season and showed plenty of red flags to convince everyone he's not LT material.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's Man Utd. Moyes wasn't hired to build a club (it's already built) but to sustain it. He took 2012/2013 Title winners to complete laughingstock in one season. Sometimes, it's better to admit your mistake & move on quickly before it completely falls apart (ex: Liverpool under Woy Hodgson).

skimmilk repped this.
  20. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yup. He's interim manager.

21. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    458520342701801472 is not a valid tweet id

skimmilk repped this.
  22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    interim should be removed :whistling::D:sneaky:

23. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Normally this stat shouldn't look out of whack esp. among bigger clubs (squad rotation and/or tactical changes are necessary), but with Moyes in the context, this is apalling. Lol.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd have a hard time thinking that they will make this permanent. Too much inexperience with too many needs / expectations and not enough time to determine if he's the answer. I figure that theyre hoping hiring giggs will placate the fans for the rest of the season and perhaps setup giggs for managing jobs elsewhere to gain experience for future

wetcrispy repped this.
  25. Akimize

Akimize Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It shows Moyes throwing everything but the kitchen sink in terms of his lineups and hoping some combo of players will just stick. But really just him hoping rather than coming up with a tactical game plan, even a bad one. He plays Valencia all season, whose been so frustrating offensively, and then in a game when he's facing a dangerous pair of fullbacks who are so important to Everton's game, his own former fullbacks, he starts Nani and Kagawa. And so he loses to his former at home and away. Still hasn't sorted out how to fit Rooney, RVP, Mata, Kagawa in the the same lineup when it's clear as day RVP and Rooney are the anti Suarez/Sturridge and either Kagawa or Mata are far better in the hole than Rooney. On top of that, he's lost the dressing room.

This train was never going to get back on track. The first good decision the club has made in awhile. And to think all the options they had last year, and they chose Moyes. Ha!