Other Teams Thread Pt.XII [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Chingoo, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nah, im not sure what he said but it's a popular quote for Liverpool faithfuls from Henry V. :)

2. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #2277 griffindinho_au, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Looks like The History Channel won't be showing Liverpool matches come may:D:ROFLMAO:

3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm trying to find a good quality vid of the huddle. I heard some f bombs including stevie g yelling "this does not slip. This does not ********ing slip." I love seeing such emotion in sport.

I've wanted chelsea to win the title but I want gerrard to finally get one.

4. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

5. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  6. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    I hate Liverpool so fcking much. It's all up to Mourinho and Tony Pulis to end their title hopes.

ughhhhhhh. Oh and fck you Takeuchi you scouser lol.

7. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't fancy pool too much but their attack has been so devastatingly efficient on the break this season. Its been such a joy to watch. Suarez not acting a fool this season has helped too. And I learned today that stevie's cousin was the youngest casualty as hillsborough.. and his tears today..

FEELS.
    Still would be kinda funny to watch chelsea beat them though.

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  9. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Neymar #2 and #3

10. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I really hope Atletico Madrid doesn't win La Liga because they don't deserve it. Especially because of an Atletico Madrid fan who threw a lighter to my fav player, AKA best player in the world. But kudos to Diego Costa for leading Atletico Madrid singlehandedly and hopefully he will be ready for Chelsea match. Will be an entertaining match indeed.

11. Sabin Rene Figaro

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Angers SCO
    Neymar dives just as much as your dream boyfriend

helo repped this.
  12. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Huh? give credit to Deigo Simeone and the other players (Koke, Gabi, Turan), especially since they won against Barca without Diego Costa. They might not play the prettiest football, but they sure do work hard for each other.

TaegukWarrior and wetcrispy repped this.
  13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hoping Atletico win both la liga and champions league.

14. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    costa is somewhat the face of the club atm but atletico madrid is far from a one man side.

15. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They don't deserve it?
    ????????????????????????????????

homie if you're this deep in the season and topping the table, I can't think of a more vapid comment then "they don't deserve it"

idk what their budget is or how much the club makes or how much it's worth or w/e, but I bet it's significantly less than RM or Barca, which is exactly why I would love for them to win the title, kinda like how I would love for Everton to win a CL spot

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
  17. helo

helo Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ahahahahahahaha

18. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2294 TaegukRedDevil, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    It's called having a favorite player not one of those gay crushes that you have toward your roommate in college. Neymar pretty much dives in almost every game giving Messi so many of those penalties. One example: recent El Clasico: Neymar offside. Not called. Neymar dive, called and Sergio Ramos given undeserved red card. I can't remember the last time the media talked about Cr7's diving but I hear about Neymar diving all the time.
    You're right I should give the other players credit and yeah the Atletico coach has been very good as well. But you know, I am a supporter of Real Madrid so...
    I take back what I said about they don't deserve it. But it's normal for a fan of a certain team to want his team to win the title.

19. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol ramos should be expected to get a red card in los clasicos now at his rate.. rarely gets the benefit of the doubt from refs it seems.

ronaldo was quite the prolific diver but he eventually grew out of it. neymar is similar, i've seen his play mature a bit since he's joined barca and his diving/antics haven't been as common as he's known for. if you want to be an elite player, you grow to try and cut that out of your game since people lose respect for you and debase your achievements.

but there is a difference between diving and accentuating a foul so that the ref gives you the call. it's an art from really, since the subtlety in difference is so minute at match speed.

20. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That's the one thing I hate about soccer: the exaggeration from the players. And it continues because the ref rewards it. A player who yells loudly and flops to the ground is more likely to draw a foul than a player who stumbles but stands his ground.

They should be more aggressive with giving out yellow cards for simulations.

TaegukRedDevil and wetcrispy repped this.
  21. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's probably the biggest issue with soccer and the main complaint non-soccer fans have about the sport. refs need to curtail the busquets/alves signature rolling on the ground as if they were dying. i realize i used "accentuating a foul" in my last post but that's not the best word choice.

the best course of action imo would be retroactive cards/punishment for blatant time wasting, blatant dives, and players swarming the ref in order to get a call. but we know that won't happen any time soon.

blatter actually pitched an idea for a hockey-styled penalty box for divers recently. which sounds ridiculous but i think there could be some minor reforms regarding player discipline. having only a yellow card and red card allows for vague and inconsistent enforcement of fouls in addition to limiting the possibility of retroactive punishment (if a player on a yellow was determined to have dived in the 60' by refs after the match and given a suspension or whatever, it does nothing for the club that the foul was committed against).

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The retroactive red card would be a huge deterrent. And as I've argued before if you simulate being injured so severely you should be in a box. If you're legit hurt, a couple minutes off the pitch wouldn't hurt but would deter these "catastrophic" injuries that get better the movement they get off the pitch.

wetcrispy repped this.
  23. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Diego Simeone > Klopp

24. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't give a fuq who wins what if they don't have a Korean player featuring on the team.