Other teams thread part XI [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Sergei Mantis, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dempsey's on quite some run eh?

2. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i read headlines of Clint dempsey and liverpool rumors and was like What the efff that mediocre USA player :confused:

Looked at his stats. He's 40 appearances 21 goals this season. :eek:
    Very impressive. From what i remember of him he wasn't the out right goal scoring type of a player. i guess he is now

Chelsea are not going to get top 4 now. they have all tough fixtures left. tottenham, arsenal, newcastle, 2x barcelona and liverpool lol.

3. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Dempsey had 13 goals last year as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/09/football-transfer-rumours?CMP=twt_gu

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I am no mls fan but I thought he was prolific at revolution. I thought he was a good scorer and worse playmaker but he's improved the latter part.

5. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    You can't take away his goals but he tends to be quiet for long stretches and then his goals come in bunches, usually scoring a couple braces per season. Plus the f*ckin' guy is a classic gunner, takes a million shots. Had him on my fantasy team last season and this, large part you wonder why do I keep him but by the end he one of the top point getters.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It does seem silly in retrospect when last year I think he was pushed off the starting 11 for a while

7. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Dempsey won Fulham player of the year award last year and will again this year without a doubt.

8. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I should be surprised but Im not too shocked. Im impressed though that he turned a major corner and has accomplished what he has.

Physically he's in the prime of his life at 29. I bet he loves Jol. Speaking of whom he's due some accolades here. Facing Fullham this season has been a bit daunting because they are so hard to predict.

9. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    aussie football seems to be in shambles at the moment

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There was the first month where Zamora was getting the lion share of minutes. I don't follow fulham or dempsey so I could be misremembering but I do not recall an injury.

11. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Zamora was Fulham starting forward.

Dempsey's a left midfielder, he rarely plays forward. In the last five years, the only midfielders with more total goals in the English Premier League than Dempsey (47) are Lampard (64) and Ronaldo (49 in two years) and if PKs are taken out of the equation, Dempsey is at 45, Lampard 42, and Ronaldo 41.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    for club he plays second striker all the time.

as for the injury that was to zamora.

13. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    He sometimes plays as second striker or center forward, but rarely. He primarily plays as a left midfielder. Me and the US fans follow Fulham religiously.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm aware that he plays a number of positions but in the window I mentioned, Dempsey was on the bench and from my recollection of the commentary of the bolton match in particular, in favor of Zamora.

Again, I am no Dempsey or Fulham expert. But a quick google search:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/435959-hughes-condemns-fulham-to-draw-against-bolton

EDIT. And yes I'm aware of the suckiness that is the Bleacher Report but I have enough work that I can't go digging around for something I don't care about.

15. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    You should read the rest of the report. It wasn't Zamora, it was Gera over Dempsey for a few games at left mid when Mark Hughes just came in at Fulham.

Fulham has Zamora, Andy Johnson, and this year Pavel Pogrebnya as their forwards. Moussa Dembélé as their AM or second strikers. Dempsey and Damien Duff on opposite wings.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Feel free to continue yourself at the fulham threads then. My original point holds and I don't care enough to rewind time to years ago.

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lololol this. who is this guy? Such a random poster.

18. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  19. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man thats a tough one as far as who to side with.

both are supreme douches.

20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hell no. piers is way more obnoxious.

21. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er9vNQhNDmw&feature="]Raccattapalle rifiuta la maglia di Muntari HD - YouTube[/ame]

22. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A random poster that likes Fulham. What's the big deal? :confused:

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  25. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPkdyjSPPs"]Robben é humilhado após pênalti perdido contra Borussia - YouTube[/ame]

Robben dives, gets a PK and gets trolled.