Other Teams [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by shiboboo, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Why do you doubt it?

2. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Zeman is no shrinking violet...

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what is a shrinking violet?

Also, what is the context of your NickyViola quote?

and who are you.

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Zeman says what's on his mind.

And The context of what I said is that I can't imagine that Roma has as many fans as BigSoccer would seem to indicate.

5. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    you ought to be paranoid - hope you will get better soon (though being a Fiorentina fan is never going to help your mental disorder)

NickyViola repped this.
  6. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    By the way, Bigsoccer only tends to indicate that AS Roma has the most passionate fans all over Italy, at least...Not like the dead forums of all the other teams, including yours

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    It's true that if I wanted to be a member of the biggest BigSoccer club I would not be a Viola fan. But I don't, so it's no big deal.

8. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I must admit, it's great that this message board is fairly busy most of the time. It must be one of the busiest boards on this site surely? DDR would probably know

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Vegas in August?!?!

11. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah if it's not at night then I think we might see a few deaths. It's still pretty hot at night as well in August.

It's why the new stadium needs a roof to make it viable during the MLS season.

edit: deaths not fatalities, it's not an accident, lol.

12. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been there in August. Players will be dropping like flies but they will certainly have a good time after the match!

NickyViola repped this.
  13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I played high school (American) football in Vegas (go Chaparral Cowboys!) and we started two a days in late August if I recall... No fun and absolutely dangerous.

14. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You played American football? That surprises me

15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Lol Why? I played baseball and football freshman and soph years, baseball and basketball junior year then got kicked out. I played soccer for teams that were not school sanctioned.

16. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just didn't picture you as an American football player.

17. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at Bonanza.

My mom and a few family members lived out here when I was younger. So I would bounce around from LA to LV, that's when I was in country (I had a strange childhood). I played in leagues in Vegas. Honestly when you're a kid like 10 years old you barely notice the heat because kids are so filled with energy. I remember we used to go out and play football or ride out bikes in 100 degree weather which now in retrospect seems freaking mad. I live across the street from a park where they play baseball and softball on weekends during in summer. I don't know how they do it.

As I got older and was part of more structured teams with a more intense training regiment you notice the heat more. I remember at Bonanza the coaches for the various teams in summer practices would do a run from the school which is around Oakey and Rainbow to Oakey and Decatur, approximately 2 miles. I'm surprised more kids didn't die of dehydration looking back on it.

I think it's why per capita Las Vegas actually creates a lot of athletes, in relation to participation in other cities. If you make it through these conditions you're probably a physical specimen like Bryce Harper. I remember going back to LA after a year at Bonanza and having far more stamina then most of my teammates.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Like everyone else, I did it for the girls. I was a big NFL fan until the Rams left L.A., though. Way too slow and procedural for an old anarchist anymore. I just watch an occasional UCLA game these days.

SoCal - would the MLS even award a franchise to Vegas without a domed stadium?

19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Bonanza very good. I lived over by where Nevada Palace used to be, Boulder Highway and Harmon. I was the same way, too. Bounced between parents from Phoenix to L.A. To Vegas. We would skateboard or play baseball in the summer for hours and come home and sleep 20 hours straight... Not even know what day it was.

20. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a Rams and Broncos fan growing up. Which is weird to most people. I hated the Raiders and I loved Elway having met him in LA as a kid. I think if the Rams come back I'll support them and the Broncos again. I just hope another AFC west team doesn't move to LA because I don't like the idea hating my hometown team.

No and I don't think the fans would want that. If it's going to happen it will have a roof.

Here's a more detailed post from myself on where the stadium stands right now.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/las-vegas-is-viable.1044913/page-36#post-25637321

Here's the basic scheme #1 is the MLS stadium with a retractable roof. No word on whether the practice facilities will be climate controlled but it would be nuts if they weren't.

[​IMG]

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    NickyViola on the A.S. Roma forum-"I don't even really think of them as a "them." There's at most 3 of them over there with a bunch of sockpuppet logins. I do admire their dedication, though."

LOL

NickyViola repped this.
  22. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone watch the Bari-Brescia game there? 4 goals in the first 50 minutes and then barely an attack to speak of. Very strange game to watch. Neither team looked as though they cared to even try for a winner, lots of fouls, lone strikers standing well offside etc. Hard not to be cynical when watching games like that. Two on-loan Roma players were in the Bari line-up, Stoian and Crescenzi.

23. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    End of season friendly draw?

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Other than the Rams the team I had a soft spot for was the Air Coryell Chargers. That division was a lot of fun to watch as, besides the Seahawks, every team in the division was consistently quality.

Where would that stadium project be in relationship to downtown? Northeast?

The last sporting event I saw in Vegas was a 51s game maybe 6 or 7 years ago.

25. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looked that way to me. 2-2 by the 50th minute. After that neither side pressed and wanted to chase for a winner, couple of shots from 25+ yards out plus. Both sets of full-backs were glued to the sides of their centre-backs. Stoian and Forestrieri were trying for Bari but they were outnumbered about 7 v 2 when attacking as no-one from Bari joined them.

Tempo dropped like a stone soon as it went 2-2. I predicted it would end 2-2 roundabout the 60th minute but continued to watch hoping to be proved wrong but it ended 2-2 with not a single chance after the equaliser. Just looking at the Serie B table, Bari have, by a considerable margin, the most amount of home draws in the entire league, no surprise to see them bogged down in the entire betting scandal currently unfolding.