Other Teams [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by shiboboo, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shame, I'd like to see Bilbao win because how they played. They've been a breath of fresh air this year.

2. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Atletico played really well themselves.

3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree....

Just saying whether it's beating United, PSG, Schalke etc. I think in general they've been great value.

4. RomaWolf

RomaWolf Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    this is what i was thinking, whoever has the power "he" will win

5. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    You're going to respectfully decline. But they don't approach just anybody. They'd never approach an honest man, only crooks.

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dont think so they will go for anyone that they can get and take advantage of a lot of the players involved aren't making wages that will support them after their careers are done and those are the players these type of people go after. At the end of the day anything that the mafia, camorra and Ndrangheta touches becomes corrupted...

7. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the thing, you can't start picking and choosing punishments based on who's story you believe more than the other. If the players are proven guilty, every single player could use that defense, even the ones who willingly fixed games without much coercion. If you're guilty you have to be punished equally for you crimes. If you can't prove you had no choice then it's nothing than the testimony of someone who has been found guilty of cheating.

As for the club the same thing applies, you can claim plausible deniability but the fact is they were still caught fixing matches. Matches you won aren't valid and we can't go back and replay those matches. Simply taking away points from a few seasons ago isn't a proper deterrent and it isn't fair to the clubs who were affected by your cheating. As long as it's in some reasonable statute of limitations then I'm all for retroactive punishment, 1-5 years possibly. It's the only way to give justice to the rest of the clubs in the present.

Football can often throw up results which have a ripple effect around the league, when clubs are manufacturing results I think it potentially can do the same. There's no telling what could have happened without outside influences, it effects the very fabric of the game. I'm sick of watching Italian football and because of the history of the league always having questions about a result.

8. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    You said it yourself, they are going after the people they expect to accept their offer. They don't go around making people work with them. That would just be bad business(not that it hasn't been done).

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Let's not start making excuses for these criminals (the players cheating). Whatever they earn it is way higher than the medium in Italy. I don't want to hear any BS about the poor players not making enough money when normal people don't have squat left after they pay their bills.

It's greed plain and simple and each and every person involved should be heavily punished.

Oban14, Moebek and Big Tom repped this.
  10. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    If only I could give you a million rep.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    perhaps you are right but most players are idiots and spend everything they have so at the end they are looking at their account and see that there is nothing left.

Im not trying to make excuses im just trying to get another view on this at the end of the day you can punish players and clubs all you want but its not going to change anything they have to go after the people making the offers. If calciopoli didnt fix things nothing will.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Stopping these sorts of things, anywhere, is a pipe dream in my opinion.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In my opinion it doesn't matter, everyone that breaks the law has a good excuse for doing it. At the end of the day they still broke the law. They should be punished accordingly. The best thing they can do in Italy right now is to punish the individuals (and not the clubs) as severely as humanly possibly. Make an example of them.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What influence remains of a mafia in Bari and Camorra in napoli? See its different in USA, our mob is the Government =I

15. Foto

Foto Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So what?? We still need to attempt to stop it. Stopping murders is a pipe dream but we still put murderers away.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    At what cost? The one glaring thing about this whole affair is that every Italian in any way connected to calcio seems to have his phone tapped. And shaving goals is not murder.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well they went after Doni and he agreed. I am pretty sure he had plenty of money before all of this. Long punishments/bans for players, European bans and demotions for clubs. Italian football is still in a mess and that is very sad. Look at the betting for Catania v Udinese this week :( The whole culture of the friendly end of season draw needs to die pronto. Surely they wont play for a draw amidst this but could you honestly say you would be surprised if they did..

18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Real Madrid wants Van der Wiel.

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Calcioscommesse​
    Update May 10, 2012

- It’s reported once Bari Ultras figured out that players were fixing games
    they too got into the act. On May 10, 2012 Three Bari Ultra leaders were
    arrested on suspicion of forcing Bari players to lose the following games.
    Bari 1-2 Chievo
    Cesena 1-0 Bari
    Bari 0-1 Sampdoria
    - It’s also reported few Bari players were slapped by the Ultras in dressing
    room and rest were warned. Moreover, ex-Bari players Gillet and Marco Rossi
    said they refused to follow the Ultra Leaders orders, but Bari did lose the
    3 games. Also, alleged by Carella (friend of Masiello) is that Masiello meet
    with Samp players including Palombo in Hotel prior to Bari 0-1 Samp game.

so are these players still criminals? Kqql posted this.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of course they are, don't be stupid.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were being fiscally harmed by people well not people animals. you cant just see things in black and white the world isnt so cut and dry.

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They were fixing games, then the Bari fans discovered it and got in on the action. The match fixing was ALREADY going on. They had plenty of options and at each stage they choose to make the wrong decision. It's not at all black and white it's called common sense.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes but they weren't all doing it the ultras got more of them involved in it. at least two of the players from that team showed some kind of strength...anyway to each his own.

24. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As has been suggested before, Burn them with Fire!

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy