Other Teams [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Imagine us playing Barcelona, we would be tore to shreds. Milan easily swept through us, we were lucky the woodwork and Stek stopped it from being 4/5-1. Although I think Milan were unlucky tonight with those two penalties being awarded against them, they looked so weak going forward tonight.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were soft penalties, but if am not mistaken we earned a similar penalty last year vs shakhatar donetsk in ukraine..

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The foul was committed before the ball was kicked from the corner. Puyol then in return also fouled Nesta.

Yellow, absolutely not a penalty kick.

4. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nesta still had a grip on his shirt when the corner was taken. In fact the ball was already in the air when Busquets hit the deck and then Nesta quickly let go of him. It's at 6 secs into the clip. ANd Puyol only slightly leaned into Nesta.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyIgs78l5Q"]HD Sergio Busquets vs Alessandro Nesta - Barcelona - Milan Penalty 2-1 - YouTube[/ame]

What do you think about Barca's penalty claims from the 1st leg in Milan?

5. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What I find blatantly obvious in that video is that Busquets is making a run and clearly can't go any further because he is being held back. YOu can see him take off, and then come to a sudden halt. I mean this is soooooo fukn undebatable.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The foul starts before the ball is played. Then there are two fouls which happen between both teams while the ball is in the air.

You know damn well only Barca would get that call. Just like when Xavi went studs up to robinho and didn't get a yellow.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I kick you in the face, and then you kick me in the face, I am not the only one who gets in trouble. Right? I don't know what legal system you are under, but FIFA should ban this garbage ref.

I love watching Barca but I'm sick of it

8. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If you kick me in the face, I'll shoot you in the back of your head after accepting your apology and pretending all is fine :D:D

You skipped my question about Barca's penalty claims in the first leg.

9. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was such a joke of a penalty.

10. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was ridiculous.

11. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    what the fishy part was, since nesta was already grabbing onto busquet's shirt before the kick, why didn't the referee stop him?

because he wanted the kick to go first so he can blow the whistle for the PK :rolleyes:

crooked cheats

12. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    or when alves went late in on abbiati. if it were the other way around, what would've happened :rolleyes:

or what about pique yanking down ibra in the box?

or the xavi late challenge on ambrosini?

i mean, ALL of these could've gone either way, but they ALL somehow went barca's way. but even so, when was the last time barca won a match without controversy? how come man utd, real madrid, milan, etc can win their matches without controversy

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't watch the first leg. I was using an example, not about shooting anyone in the back of the head. You seem a bit dramatic for this forum, good luck for your favorite team in the rest of the competition.

14. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abiatti's touch on Alexis wasn't a penalty for me as Alexis' touch had made it impossible for him to reach the ball. Also, look at Alexis's right foot when Abiatti makes contact, although it is Alexis' left foot that is involed in the collision, he drags his foot in an unnatural way which makes it clear he was trying to make the contact look more like a foul. There was definitely contact but not a penalty for me.

I don't know what is the other penalty claim from the first leg?

I like Iniesta but he has to cut out the diving. He made a pathetic dive tonight in the last 15 mins of the game close to his own corner flag. Great player but he must stop that.

15. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i lost respect for iniesta after the world cup. serial diver

16. DrinkGC

DrinkGC Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way that second PK should have been called. 1. the shirt was grabbed before the kick. 2. Puyol is clearly trying to block/push Nesta for the duration of his foul on Busquets. I noticed Puyol (and other Barca players) basically setting illegal basketball screens on a previous corner and it's what Puyol was doing on that corner too.

I only saw the 1 reply of Zlatan being taken down in the other box but both live and on the replay I thought it was a sure penalty. Also was looking for a yellow for Xavi's studs up and was not surprised it never showed.

One last note about officiating. Who else thought our old friend Mexes was going to see red? He got yellow but that card was weak as hell, Busquets dove yet again on that one.

17. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro

i don't think he dove. he was just playacting and milking the ref

i play soccer and players bump into each other all the time. it's not on purpose. and players get over it. doesn't even warrant a yellow card. if you look at the replay, mexes doesn't even see busquets so how was it intentional

18. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was just joking. Wasn't trying to be dramatic or anything. I apologize if it came across as rude.

19. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Players try to get calls from referees. It happens. We ignore it when it's for our team and raise hell when it's against our team. If one fact is true it's that every person on earth is a hypocrite.

I don't think the penalty was given just because of the shirt pulling. I think it was given because Busquets was pulled hard enough that he could not make a run for the ball that was played in. Nesta pulled him and he pulled him hard enough that the ref felt it was a penalty. I can understand why some would think it is a harsh call, but fact of the matter is that it is against the rules to do that.

Puyol leaned into Nesta's path. He did not pull Nesta. Nesta fell because he was still holding on to Busquets whom had fallen as a result of the tug. I think all this is clear from the video.

Was it a harsh call? I'll say yes. Was it a wrong call? No.

20. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    of course it was wrong call,in games like that you give warnings and yellow not a penalties.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Puyol only sligthly leaned into him lol Bias nonsense..If you give that how many do you give in a game. I am struggling to remember when Barca won a game when playing poorly without crucial calls going for them. The ref had the biggest influence on the game last night and that is always wrong. It seems to be when UEFA's lovers are in trouble they get the decisions. Latest UEFA rules,
    Revision Barca; 1: when struggling award a pen
    2: or a red card

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's funny seeing all these Roma fans get up in arms. The big Italian teams are so favored and allowed to get away so much in the league. The second penalty was shady? The foul happened before play? Similar to how the penalty given to Milan against us should have never been and play should have been stopped on the foul on Heinze.

Milan was robbed, cry me a river. Maybe if they weren't allowed to do what these please week in and week out in Serie A they would go into a Champions League match and not make stupid fouls and act surprised.

And yes Barca is so clearly carried by UEFA, but I see no sense in getting up in arms about it when we see the three stripes carried the same way week in and week out.

23. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So Roma aren't a big team then?:p

24. Inie8ta

Inie8ta Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Milan had about 3 shots on target in 180 minutes of football. Barca had 13.

The ref didn't cost milan the game. Losing sides cling on to what they can simply because they lost. SOme have called my take on this issue biased, but seem to feel their take on Barca's penalty claims in Milan is "objective". That's some funny stuff :D Like I said everyone on earth is a hypocrite.

It's like when we played Lazio. We all blamed the ref, but matter of fact is that the red cards were legitimate, although they could have also been described as harsh. We lost those games, and it hurt like hell, but it wasn't the ref's fault.

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "Can we say that on an international pitch Ibra is equal to Stefano Okaka?" - ReteSport