Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What's the panicking about here.
    I could've understood if the signed Suarez or Messi , but they signed Sanchez.
    just go and tell Pallotta to bring out the cash!

2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well to be fair the article said they won't sell unless they have a replacement which they can't buy or if they feel delufeou is ready.

3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sanchez is a class above most players of his type in Italy. That would be a big signing for Juve considering the depth they already have. I expect us to improve but I think people should really temper their expectations of how big of a window we'll have this summer. If we want any real game changers we'll have to be clever, we aren't going to spend our way to the top with notable names.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sanchez was amazing on Sunday. He will own the league twice as much as his time previously with his experience and will easily be the leagues best attacker. Juve getting him is a pretty big deal

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

6. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sanchez will fit in nicely at juve with his constant diving.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sanchez a great signing for juve on serie a level, but if europe is what they target...he isnt the guy neither tevez nor llorente to get u A UCL title.

8. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    They'll never win UCL because they don't have their referees there.

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #10109 Vulpinous, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  10. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems Rube and the Viola will be fined for their fans actions. Viola were fined $8,000 because fans put up a banner reading -39 referencing the Heysel disater and Rubentus was fined $25,000 for anti-semitic chants. Curious to know why singing about Napoli gets our curva closed but anti-semitic chants are only worthy of a fine?

porreca, Barilla and Vulpinous repped this.
  11. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thursday's Gazzetta dello Sport reports that billionaire Peter Lim has offered €500m to buy Milan (via @DiMarzio )

12. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's swag. Usually people tend to worry if a new owner is dodgy, but I'm not too bothered for some reason.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    like ive said before Milan will be bought by some rich guy. The marketing potential of Milan is huge they have fans all over the world. All they need is someone who is willing to spend big ass money on CR7/Messi like players a next big thing player that will sell jerseys in a heartbeat a Neymar signing if you will.

Milan, Juve, and Inter will always win out over teams like Napoli, Roma, Fio, and Lazio I dont care what anyone says its fact unless a team gets sugar daddy owner.

14. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless I've missed something, the Berlusconi's have been pretty adamant about not selling the majority of Milan. I think the most they were willing to budge was 30% if I remember correctly.

Silvio is just going to pass the club on to his spawns when he dies.

15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny how so many people don't realize why Italian football is so down right now. The cycle is starting again.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the guy is an idiot if he would really pass up that much money im pretty sure whoever gets things from him when he passes would rather get a fat check than a piece of milan.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    500? No way, Milan can appreciate to over a billion if they get a stadium.

18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What cycle

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ya but if their currant owner wont do anything then its better to sell. The only thing ive heard is Sil wants to renovate the stadium again and that will only happen if Inter moves out.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In 10 years it will be worth more. If he gets wages under control, it's worth it.

I was pretty accurate http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlm45eigjk/6-ac-milan-2/

21. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boom/Bust......

Goldman Sachs should buy an Italian club.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    isnt that something every company is destined to go through ? There are peaks and valleys to everything that makes money.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well that all comes down if he has the foresight to do so. If he doesnt do a long term investment its better for him to sell now and let someone who will do so. If Sil does take action down this path then him not selling is a good thing for him but if he just sits there and lets things get even worse then I dont know what will happen or if milan will be able to recover.

24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the American ownership Roma has will be the guinea pigs for other investors. If they can show that it's profitable to invest in Serie A I bet more will flock.

25. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #10125 SoCalYid, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Football clubs aren't really companies, and most companies would go out of business if they experienced the "peaks in valleys" that football clubs do. If football clubs were real companies they'd be the most poorly run companies on the planet, even the big ones.

Comparing them to actual companies would only make them look worse. What company do you know that spends over 80%-100% of their revenue on salary before servicing debt? What company invests capital yearly in assets as risky as football players, with all the net negative variables they represent?

Italian football is in a state right now, which is pretty much the remnants of the period of excess and capped off by scandal and people STILL think the solution is spend more money. Go look back at what clubs were spending back when Italy had the best league in the world, it was obscene. Parma are like Goldman Sachs or Fannie Mae, poster children for a period excess. Owners like Pallotta just didn't exist, at all.

During that period more clubs should have taken the initiative to build the "brand" as Pallotta has done the past couple years. Instead they all got caught up in the competition to spend their way to glory. The thought that an owner would want to build a club, make them sustainable, maybe profitable and not dump billions into the first team which the club couldn't afford was seen as a negative.

When hardship hit Serie A and Italy in general and the vast reserves of money started to dry up none of the clubs had the infrastructure necessary to cope and we're living with the aftermath. Until football fans and clubs start to process that fact, the league needs to modernize not buy "Neymar" level players, the league will continue to struggle.

If Lim came in and had a similar attitude to Pallotta and looked to build the brand, then I think that would be a good thing for them and the league. However if he wants to sugar daddy Milan it might hurt the league overall. I'll much rather we continue down the path Pallotta has us on. I'd rather become the most financially stable club in the Italy, with a packed modern stadium every week, playing entertaining football, then have the richest owner.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.