Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No love for Nagatomo?

2. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    give me D'Ambrosio

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's been shite since the switch

4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    thats cuz Mazzari doesn't know how to play youngsters, look at his track record

5. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would only take 3 players from Inter: Handanovic, Kovacic and Alvarez. Maybe add Juan Jesus too.

Wallace also but he is owned by Chelsea.

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take Cambiasso as a vice-DDR. Agreed on Kovacic and Handanovic. I'm not as high on Alvarez. He's a bit soft.

Juan Jesus is super talented, but there's just something missing with him.

7. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Handanovic is already 30 and he costs something like 20m , no thanks , even though he's the best keeper in the league atm.
    i'd rather have a younger GK

8. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind Taider.

9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way he worded it, I took it as him only wanting those players, if Roma could have them for free. Obviously, with Inter rating them so highly, those transactions would never happen.

10. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i would

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would take Handanovic in a heartbeat.

schnix repped this.
  12. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    look at Van der Sar and Buffon. 30 means Handanovic can still cover us for the next 5 years at least

Salmeen10 repped this.
  13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    It was a sad day when Saba passed on Handanovic and relied on Stek (also known as the 3rd goal post).

14. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll be a solid player when Mazzarri leaves. He'd fit our midfield better than Kovacic.

15. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Handanovic was sold to Inter for 12 mil and we bough Stek for exactly half of that. It looked like a steal of a deal back then. I don't think anyone expected the Ajax Captain and world cup finalist to suck that bad. The club situation with LE and Zeman didn't help, especially for a GK.

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Stek cost what 6 mil? He sucked, but so did our defense the two years that he was here. That transfer was so dragged out though. I remember us pretending we wanted Kameni to try to coerce Ajax into accepting the deal.

17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He joined Inter in 2012, after Stek already sucked for 1 year, and Fulham offered to buy him for 6-7M. Handa joined Inter for 11M I think, so Saba only had to put 4-5M more. Ofcourse hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm annoyed that the GK position is always the one we get it wrong. MDS is good for now but he is only a short term solution.

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Stek didn't suck because of the defense, he was a big reason why the defense sucked. Its the same reason he is riding the bench in a bottom feeder in EPL, its because he doesn't give a shit and never even try to communicate with his teammates.

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Stek was playing quite good all season but got injured and when Magath came in he has so far kept the other keeper in.
    His failure to adapt, our poor defensive buying for 2 years in comparison to the manager picked caused his downfall. If he was to make the move this summer and could adapt he would not fail in this tactically setup under Garcia IMO

20. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Stek's lack of motivation is certainly big part of it. He was phenomenal for Holland and Ajax, one of the best in his position. That's what he can offer when he actually cares. I saw in person how he didn't give a ******** in training. He literally walked around and was the last to come out and first to go in from training. When everyone was chatting and joking, he didn't utter a single word.

He is a douchebag for not trying but I think big part of his lack of motivation is that he considered Roma a move up in his career only to be surprised of how bad things were. Not trying to find excuses but just analyzing the situation. He is actually can be as good as Handanovic, only that he is an arrogant prick who thought he is better than us.

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'd take Uncle Morgan over that wood stick any day. Its not just the club, he even lost his place in the NT where he was an automatic starter. And quite honestly what he did to Goicoichea was one of the lowest acts I've seen from a Roma player in recent years.

22. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The defense also sucked, which exacerbated the situation. His assimilation into Italy was an issue, but so was the fact he faced three breakaways per game.

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For sure he acted poorly and showed some flaws in his character and how his last few years had played out show how badly things can go wrong with the wrong attitude and negative thinking. People make mistakes and I will always feel a bit story for him because circumstances did make things a lot worse

24. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What did he do?

25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He bitched in the press, but really, what was professional about how Zeman's stepson rose to start? All Zeman did was announce that Stek was going to get the bench as soon as that joke of a keeper Goicoichea arrived anyway. Stek was unprofessionally reacting to unprofessional behavior.