Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's time for a new Other Teams thread, the old one had grown incredibly long. We are going to try something new this time around. The Other Teams thread is split into two threads, in order to make it easier for those who are not interested in stuff outside of Italy:

- This thread is for discussion on other Italian teams and ONLY other Italian teams.

- The other thread is for discussion everything else: EPL, MLS, and so on.

Some examples:

- Milan plays Barcelona this week, that goes in Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R].

- Barcelona plays Real Madrid in the weekend that goes in Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R].

Pretty simple, so please keep it on topic. Off topic posts will be binned.

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    whill4 regards your totti comment on other forums....He has a thread and lots of negativity towards him....One guy posted at the weekend, an average player in an average league lol....Then i seen in another thread he was let down for a massive 5 fold bet on the Roma game, he had Juve draw.....That must have really hurt, Totti's rocket :)

English do not appreciate players like Totti but they love an over rated flat track bully like Rooney who has bulldog spirit but will never reach Totti's levels due to a number of things, mainly lack of technical ability and the eating habits of a ravenous dog...One suffers a double leg fracture in feb and defies human nature to even be ready to run never mind play in a world cup, the other gets suspended for 2 games, is lucky to be even picked and then turns up over weight. The second tournament he has been over weight counting the world cup 2010.....But as these same numb skulls and they will tell you Totti had a very poor world cup 06....

I laugh at them, if you play in Engerland or for Man U, you're top dollar, but players like Totti are over rated little foreigners :ROFLMAO:

Big Tom, Barilla, whill4 and 3 others repped this.
  3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the Azzurri would count.

Any who, Gordon Watson is a dribbling moron and he got schooled by Mina Rzouki. Great to see knowing how things turned out. Funny thing is I heard a bit of this pre-tournament from "football experts". The same people who think Totti is average will turn around and make comments like the chap below.

Edit:Even her point about England was spot on.

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol, that was embarrassing. He really is a moron, never heard of him and I dont want to again :p

Big Tom repped this.
  5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nothing to do with another team really, but Giovanni Malagò has just been elected president of Coni. Coni is the national Italian olympic committee. Coni among other things runs the Stadio Olimpico. Malagò Is a very open Roma fan, he was linked to Roma repeatedly during the sale. Many believed he would become president at the desire of UniCredit.

6. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    La Magica do you think Milan will draw and regardless of any result do you also believe that the milan barca game will be under 3.5 goals...

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    DeRossi cant run, thats awesome.

"I have seen 10 year old boys with more mobility than DeRossi"

Zephyrus repped this.
  8. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If De Rossi can't run, Pirlo can't pass

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This was @Oban14's idea to seperate the threads which I really like so give credit to him for this :thumbsup:

10. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks!

Vulpinous repped this.
  11. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My bad dude I posted in the wrong thread

12. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    looks like this summer transfer the attention will be drawn to managers transfers rather than players in serie A with supposedly roma, inter milan and others looking to change coaches. even rubentus could enter the race if conte's rumoured interest from abroad is true.

13. Osvaldo09

Osvaldo09 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    England
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Totti is actually very popular in England and is appreciated highly by football lovers.

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

The views of the guy in that video about Italian players and Italian football is the general view of the typical ignorant English supporter. Ok it would be wrong of me to suggest everyone has those same views but a lot of people dont even watch Italian football will tell you how boring and defensive it is. Ask them do they watch it and they say know, haven't in years etc.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Honestly cant call this match, Milan played quite well last season at home against them in the KO stages and did play clever tactics defending high up stopping them playing out from the back. This stopped Barca most of the time but they did break through the wall a few times from what I remember and came very close to scoring but Milan held on..Dangerous if they do get through the players quickly as they were all so far pushed forward but thats the risk you have to take...

Its the best tactics imo to get something of Barca, most teams just hang in there, sitting deep and let the pressure build. I think he will surely play the same tactics again. Would rather watch the start of the game before deciding if you could see something worth betting on

16. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Good points well this game is pointless now malaga and arsenal ruined my multi's but I won 26 dollars of a dollar on greys so i shouldnt complain

17. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not English so I can only attest from what I read on the internet, which I'm sure isn't accurate. But the vast majority of forums that I visit where it's primarily EPL fans generally only speak of him in a negative way. As they do with most active Italian players.

18. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    why do they hate italy so much? because we have more world cups then them?

19. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What a muppet !

Was this clown dropped on his head at birth ?

I'd like to hear what he had to say after the Italy-England game.:laugh:

20. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mina Rzouki would get it!

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I seriously laughed during that video. That Gordon guy is one big idiot.

La Magica repped this.
  22. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

william6 and 3 quaters repped this.
  23. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Gordon Watson clearly did absolutely Zero preparation, I hate when people stereotype serie a players as being 'over the hill'.

24. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Probably going to watch Milan Barca, and honestly I feel an upset in this game. Anyone else feel Milan winning this one?

Although I really really want to watch the Shalke Gala game because its probably going to be great.

william6 and 3 quaters repped this.
  25. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Can't see Milan doing it, even with Balo was playing they'd be hoping for a miracle