Other Teams News Part II [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by ForeverRed, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen up by 2 including an OG by Metzelder...lol. They are currently 5 points behind us.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no, 7 :rolleyes:

yep schalke definitely don't want to help us....fagzzz.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Especially Metzelder...LOL...

6. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    better touch in front of an open net than gomez lol

7. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

lol :D haha oh my i got the giggles after that and reading your posts in the bayern side

go squid!! ))

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hehe, i was bored and not sleeping so i decided to get straight to the point

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    dammit! I can't concentrate at work because of the Mainz game. Now I have to wait until the 2nd of April to get some relief. Why does BVB always have to make it so hard!?!?!?

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude, you're making it hard by putting so much hope in a team that ain't good enough to cruise to a title from there. We all knew that and anything else would just be a pleasant surprise.

11. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

yeah you're right. The annoying thing is that I only got caught up in the fever when we beat FCB. Up until then, I was fully expecting for our boys to start showing their inexperience and to shed points. I have never been of the opinion either that Leverkusen are chokers, perhaps in the early 2000's, but I wouldn't say that about them now.

12. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen dropped their pants as late as last year!

After beating bayern like that there is virtually no chance of us not winning the title leverkusen or not, but I knew we'd probably throw away some points in getting there.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

squid, I find your overconfidence to be a bit disturbing.

That Bayern victory didn't prove a f#cking thing except we can "get up" to beat them.

Champions have to win matches like the one the other night.

What bothers me the most is that they're finding ways to throw away points.

They are shitting their pants at the moment.

And while you're talking so much shit about Bayern, you'd better realize that we're going to need them to come through when they play Leverkusen.

Right now, Leverkusen is looking like we did two months ago.

We're looking a lot like last season's team.

You're crazy if you really don't think we can blow this.

Not only can they blow it, they might be well on their f#cking way to doing so. :mad:

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nah man, I know they're playing like they can blow it but I think they will put the shift in to get the results we need. The bayern game was a huge confidence boost and after the self belief gained from doing that I think the chances of not going through to win the title are very very slim.

I think the problem is that along with the bayern game, because of the lead and the stage of the season they also became complacent. I saw that coming along with the self belief because this is a young team. To me shitting their pants means they're nervous or choking. I don't think nervousness is the cause of the missed chances, loose passes and all that. It's complacency and taking it easy.

Every time in the rueckrunde where the lead has shrunk a little they've pulled it back out and gotten the results. Now they've got the extra confidence from the bayern game to draw on, so I think they will do it again.

Also, leverkusen is leverkusen. You've said yourself many times that when they get a real sniff of winning they're going to collapse. 12 and 10 points away weren't real sniffs of winning the title. Has something changed with them to make you think they won't collapse if they get too close?

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I told you privately that I know what I see. What is going on right now isn't something these guys have faced yet this season.

When they had problems before, there was a "big" match coming up for them to get fired up for.

Mainz was the "big match" we needed and they f#cking blew it. They were lucky not to have lost that match.

I guess you just ignore the fact that they followed up an unlucky loss in Hoffenheim with an ABSOLUTE F#CKING STINKER at home on Saturday night.

Get over the Bayern match man. That was just ONE F#CKING MATCH!

It is in the past. They don't even look like the same team RIGHT NOW! HERE! IN THE PRESENT!!!

It is fine if you don't think we can blow this lead. I won't have you acting like I don't know what I'm seeing.

I was in the f#cking stadium on Saturday night and our team played like they should have had shit stains on the back of their shorts.

I said after the match they were complacent. I was angry and wrong.

THEY ARE NOT "COMPLACENT", THEY ARE F#CKING SCARED MAN!!

And that is what can kill them. This title thing has stopped being cute and it is real to them now.

Yeah. They're playing with the confidence we've lost. I saw that in their match against Scheisse yesterday.

Leverkusen should have won that match 5-0.

Sometimes a title doesn't always come down to who is the best team. It comes down to who gets HOT at the right time.

And Leverkusen is f#cking HOT right now while we're shitting our f#cking shorts.

Like I told you privately, I think you're being a bit too cocky here.

This team can absolutely blow this lead. Leverkusen, with the way they are playing right now, can absolutely run the table.

This isn't a usual season with the usual suspects. If it were, we wouldn't have this f#cking lead, would we??

Leverkusen is right there with us now. 7 points is nothing now. We've lost five in the last two weeks.

As I told you privately, anyone who is as good for as long as Leverkusen has been eventually wins.

They've got nothing to lose. All the pressure to get this done is on us.

If they don't catch us, it is fine. They weren't supposed to.

If we let them catch us, we become the laughingstock of Europe.

Which team do you think is feeling more pressure???

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Yep, to add to what I wrote in the PM, I think that the part I've highlighted second is pretty important. It may be that till the bayern game they didn't feel an onus on them to take the title. Now they're over that "dream" factor and must pick up the salad plate and put it in the bus. They have tightened up because they're thinking they're playing for something now. The trick is to use the international break and for them to stay loose.

And I do still think we will win the title, but I get what you're saying much better now. I hadn't seen their faces......

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think the fans singing "Wer is Deutscher Meister? Nur den BVB!" helps the team either.....

They haven't looked "loose" since that Bayern match.....

I don't know what to think anymore. My heart says "just have faith."

But what I'm seeing in front of me doesn't inspire faith at all.

On Saturday, I thought I saw a team ready to hand it all over......

18. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

hmmm, I don't know about that man, I like your confidence, but if we f*ck it up against H96 (and that is going to be a tough match) then I think we can perhaps call it a day as the trauma would be too much for our young boys to bounce back from. I said after the TSG game that the loss could be the start of a down ward spiral, so hopefully the INternational break will serve us well and we don't pick up any injuries.
    The only thing that gives me some confidence is that Bayer still have to play away in Munich and in Koeln. That is not to say that FCB are a shoe in against Bayer, if we can beat FCB in Munich then so can they. Hoperfully Ballacks offensive tunes against Koeln on the loud speaker will fire them up too.

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What did he say lol?

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lol.....save it for later guys!!

I wish some of those GM's we're going to be facing are as stupid as Uli....

International break..........whether they get to play or not doesn't bother me. Just get away for a while.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This......

I think they need to relax.

If they can, I can see them taking at least four of the next seven.

Unless Leverkusen runs the table (which I think Leverkusen "can" do, but probably won't do), that should be enough.

But our guys look so far from relaxed......

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Good thing this break isn't IN dortmund like the last one was ;)

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will reply on the BVB General Discussion Thread.

This has become all about BVB.....

24. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

lol, sorry about the rant....:eek:

just sayin that I'm not as confident as you about he rest of the run towards the end of the league.....the international break should help....and I am glad that Leverk. hve yet to play away to Bayern and Koeln.

Ballack made some wise crack about "scheiss koeln" at the Bayarena last weekend on the megaphone. Hopefully this will be fire up koeln to do some damage.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right. And it should fire up Koln. I expect Koln to win that match now.

This season, clubs who were on a hot streak and decided to sound off in front of their fans soon fell back.

Remember Tuchel singing about leading the Bundesliga with the Mainz fans?

Right after that, they started to fall back.

I don't see the same happening to Bayer, but this could show that they're getting overconfident.